Wednesday fans banned from buying a season ticket?

Guest I Love Coffee
2 minutes ago, OriginalAlien said:

There was also the option of NOT reporting it at all and avoiding pitting Owls fans against Owls fans again.

Totally correct, there are plenty of stories that have a greater public interest in not reporting.

It'll end up as a non story.

His account will have been automatically frozen, he'd have to contact the club to get it unfrozen and it would need to be signed of by management.

His and the Star's emails are about 3500 down the list, because it's a small matter in the grand scheme of things and it's the busiest time of the season for them.

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

*sigh*

This is how it works

They get the story

They then approach the club for comment

They did this

They were waiting back from the club for comment before publishing

THAT is why it's taken to long to publish

That's the FACTS

If they'd released it earlier you'd no doubt have then accused them of trying to sabotage season ticket sales or that it's their fault there's clouds over Fargate or summat

How's about staying laser focus on the actual STORY and why it even exists in the first place?

And please - FOR THE LOVE OF GOD can we all just STOP with the 'everyone's out to get us' dullard braindead poo thats so TEDIOUS to have to read?

Whatever peoples opinion or angle is, this was 100% in the clubs control. They chose to screw up, plain and simple. They chose the bad PR, obviously deciding that the bad PR was worth it in order to make a (weak)  point. 

The press isn’t to blame, the fan in question isn’t to blame. 

It’s like having Dave Allen back in charge…

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I've had three phone calls off the club asking me what I want to do with the money they owe, told them them to let it ride each time.  I phoned them in the first instance, the phone was answered pretty quickly and all my questions were asked honestly and politely they offered to return the money there and then which I declined.  

I even said in a thread on more than one occasion to phone the club and they would sort it straight away.  

Always found the office staff very helpful both on the phone and face to face.  

You shouldn't sue the club over such a petty matter. 

Yeah I know there is a principal at stake but I'm sure you could fight bigger and more important battles to get worked up over.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So let's get this right 

You want reporters NOT to report stuff

Aye 

OK

Come on now. we both know that you posted that one before you'd thought it through

lol

Not in the slightest.

There was no need to report this story, not everything that happens is reported, or do you think it is?

If it HAD to be reported by journalists who rely on having good relationships with the club, they could have changed the way it was done and highlighted that the club had merely stuck to their word of not allowing people that chose to take a cash refund the right to purchase another season ticket.

Just now, OriginalAlien said:

If it HAD to be reported by journalists who rely on having good relationships with the club, they could have changed the way it was done and highlighted that the club had merely stuck to their word of not allowing people that chose to take a cash refund the right to purchase another season ticket.

lol

This is getting silly now

Owlstalk Shop

26 minutes ago, OriginalAlien said:

That is certainly one way of looking at it.

Another would be to say, someone bought a season ticket and due to unprecedented circumstances (Covid restrictions) they couldn't attend all the games.

The club were under no obligation to give a refund, but offered to do so in a number of ways, e.g. cash refund, credit to spend in the shop, credit towards future season ticket.

The club said anyone choosing to take a cash refund would not be entitled to buy another one in future.

Someone chose to take a cash refund and as it took so long to come through decided to take the club to court to demand it at a time when the club are experiencing obvious financial difficulties, then expects to be able to buy another season ticket.

Bonkers!

The club struggling with financial issues, signed 21 players last season probably costing in excess of £10m on wages not including the players already at the club.

But the club didnt have a £100 to repay a fan.

whats bonkers is DC thinks because someone is a fan they can be treated so badly and will take it because they are a fan.

Would you buy a car, then wait 2 years for it to arrive because you like the brand, or maybe you would?

2 minutes ago, OriginalAlien said:

Not in the slightest.

There was no need to report this story, not everything that happens is reported, or do you think it is?

If it isn’t news worthy, why are we discussing it??

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

There should be no cause to in the first place

That's life though some roads lead to dead ends.  You make your choice and you should accept that it doesn't always go your way.  He got what he wanted, sometimes in the heat of the battle you forget the consequences.

I'm going metaphor mad.

Only reply back in metaphors 

(opening the floodgates)

9 minutes ago, room0035 said:

The club struggling with financial issues, signed 21 players last season probably costing in excess of £10m on wages not including the players already at the club.

But the club didnt have a £100 to repay a fan.

whats bonkers is DC thinks because someone is a fan they can be treated so badly and will take it because they are a fan.

Would you buy a car, then wait 2 years for it to arrive because you like the brand, or maybe you would?

I wanted them to sign players more than I wanted the club to pay back the outstanding monies.   

What's £150 over promotion?

Get your priorities right.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

That's life though some roads lead to dead ends.  You make your choice and you should accept that it doesn't always go your way.  He got what he wanted, sometimes in the heat of the battle you forget the consequences.

I'm going metaphor mad.

Only reply back in metaphors 

(opening the floodgates)

I'm having to google 'metaphors' first mate

Is it like one of those half horse half long haired man creatures?

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Willow Owl
16 minutes ago, Rumble Fish said:

Whatever peoples opinion or angle is, this was 100% in the clubs control. They chose to screw up, plain and simple. They chose the bad PR, obviously deciding that the bad PR was worth it in order to make a (weak)  point. 

The press isn’t to blame, the fan in question isn’t to blame. 

It’s like having Dave Allen back in charge…

Wouldn’t it be better to wait for the clubs response ?
It’s yet to be established if the accusations are even true. 

3 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Wouldn’t it be better to wait for the clubs response ?
It’s yet to be established if the accusations are even true. 

It’s on the Star website. Just below the stories on Sheffield winning the World Student Games bid and Helen Sharman going into space. 

26 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

It'll end up as a non story.

His account will have been automatically frozen, he'd have to contact the club to get it unfrozen and it would need to be signed of by management.

His and the Star's emails are about 3500 down the list, because it's a small matter in the grand scheme of things and it's the busiest time of the season for them.

I think you may be correct. If you are, I can guarantee this thread will automatically self destruct.