Wednesday fans banned from buying a season ticket?

5 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

not taking sides here, but from reading the article it seems that they haven't been told they're banned, they just said it wasn't possible to do the season ticket on the day they went for it 

are we absolutely certain that they are banned or is it just a case of poor communication from the club office again, something we've all encountered from time to time 

Does anybody else know of anyone who took the civil action thats tried to get a new season ticket ?

My mate tried to buy his son a season ticket on the last day online (june30th if memory serves me right) and couldnt process it so had to go in the shop and get it  

You would think the Journalist would check his facts before the story was published.

Also the Club not commenting on this says to me the story is correct.

• Love 1

I’ve been in dialogue with someone at the club re: my own refund. Was told a year ago I’d get it.  Things looked good. Now over a month where I’ve sent two emails without reply.

So I understand where the guys coming from re: communication from the club and to ban him is totally mental.

We do SO MANY things well but this is where we fall down. A simple tangible time frame would make all the difference, something where the club can be held accountable and fans don’t have to waste their time calling and emailing. But to be constantly told ‘we just need to do this’ or ‘I’ll be in touch’ really isn’t good enough.

Just now, OohhJohnnyJohnny said:

Another point- why is nobody thinking to themselves that season tickets have been on sale months and The Star have decided to post this the day before a new season? Does that not seem convenient to anyone else? 

The Star has an Agenda against the club?

Also if the Star were holding back the story for maximum impact just before the season starts it is what newspapers do all the time with stories.
Standard practice in Newspapers for years.

All true Although the journalist never mentions being banned, that's a headline from here, the journalist just reports of him being denied a season ticket at the time he wanted to purchase and theyve assumed its because he took the club to court 

Like i said i dont know how many took the club to court and id be interested to know if any tried to get a ticket again let alone a season ticket 

2 minutes ago, Is That It said:

Anybody asked the question why The Stir have waited until the day before the season starts to publish this?

get your tin hat on pal  you cant ask those questions on here without ridicule 

2 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

get your tin hat on pal  you cant ask those questions on here without ridicule 

You can

Its clear that they’ve just made this story up and that everyone got refunded and communicated with in a proper fashion 

The Star are out to get us

And that Seth Bennett him too

And Linford Christie 

All out to get us

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

They wouldn’t have published it if the club hadn’t shot themselves in the foot AGAIN 

THIS. 

How The Star is now being criticised is bizarre. 

Star post it a few weeks ago - “All these new signings & they have to write something negative.”.

Star posts it next week after beating or losing to Portsmouth- “good/bad start to the season and now they want to write this”. 

• Like 1

But everyone was telling me I was just hurting myself by not giving Chansiri my money by not going to the home games 

The man is a absolute cretin 

Worst thing ever to happen to this club 

I have two friends still no refund and only way they will get it back is traveling 197 miles to pick it up 

I wish Chansiri no ill health but he is a absolute disgrace 

And anyone who defends him after what he has done to our club as as bad as him 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You can

Its clear that they’ve just made this story up and that everyone got refunded and communicated with in a proper fashion 

And Linford Christie 

All out to get us

Wow never knew about Linford Christie...thanks for the heads up ..well who would have thought it 

• Like 1

‘The Star did this to drum up negativity before the 1st game’

‘6 minutes in tomorrow, Josh Windass shoots from a tight angle after he should of squared it to Gregory!’

**FANS GROAN**

Sheffield Star editor smiles to himself and whispers “I did that”

Edited by 0114
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You can

And Linford Christie 

All out to get us

i thought the story was about a fan being denied the chance to buy a season ticket on the day he wanted to and hasn't received a reason why and assumes its because he took the club to court although he hasnt had any confirmation and the club havent confirmed that either

But maybe im just reading it to literal and not reading between the lines enough like others 

48 minutes ago, OohhJohnnyJohnny said:

Absolutely not. Say it was two businesses trading and one took the other to court over an unpaid expense, do you think they’d carry on trading after or cut ties? As a business, swfc can cut ties with who they see fit. 

Imagine, if you will, that you bought a pair of shoes from JD Sports. The soles of those shoe fall off after 21 days. You return the shoes, but JD Sports refuse to offer you a refund, despite you having a receipt of purchase and the product is clearly not as purchased.

You then make a claim against JD Sports, which of course you win because you're entitled to your refund. One year later, you return to JD Sports to buy another pair of shoes, and they refuse to let you buy anything.

The business is of course entitled to do that, but it isn't right. Not at all. And in the above scenario, you know it is. You're gonna kick and scream and say it's not comparable, you're going to argue that "no, it is actually OK that they don't serve me", you'll pretend it wouldn't bother you (probably including some snide remark about shopping at JD Sports, because you'd never shop there and if you make a quip about that you can try and avoid the analogy), but you know that is wrong, you know that it's a bad look and immoral, and you know that if it were you in that scenario it would be at best upsetting.

Seriously, look yourself in the mirror and ask WTF is wrong with you that you can defend such a practice just because it's Sheffield Wednesday. Like actually look yourself in the mirror and think about it for a minute.

Let's be honest, if Sheffield United were doing this, you'd be taunting and goading about what a shower the owners were. At least admit that to yourself. 

You look far, far, far more stupid than you think having this ridiculous and indefensible opinion... it's not edgy or TruFan, it's just sad. 

Edited by StudentOwl
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1