Wednesday fans banned from buying a season ticket?

15 minutes ago, Miruic said:

It was very poor. It was however clearly because we didn’t have enough cash in reserve to pay it all back. Which is poor but the position we were in. It was clear that we were in financial strife.

Suing the club just meant you jumped the queue past other Wednesdayites  and it cost the club more money. it doesn’t excuse the poor way the club dealt with the issue and how they communicated their decision with the fans but let’s not make out the fans who sued the club did it for anyone but themselves. Not for the club and not for other fans.

I’m sorry it’s impacted them as it has but sometimes when you put yourself ahead of other fans it’s going to have consequences. 

Then the club should communicate things better. Totally appreciate there’s a process and our computer systems are something from the 1980s but time frames are important so people don’t feel like they’re going round in circles contacting the club themselves and getting nowhere. 

Any decent business should hold themselves accountable for doing things in a timely manner. Waiting over a year for a couple hundred quid and having to constantly call/email to chase it up isn’t right.

I am still going round in circles and it’s a nightmare.

5 minutes ago, Rotherham Owl said:

I also couldn't initially buy season tickets on the 29th of June no idea why, I tried later that evening and succeeded. 

Has the fella tried to buy them since?

Purchase.PNG

like i said previously my mate had the same issue on the same date

Regardless of the rights and wrongs of either party in this dispute, the clube ie Chansiri should have looked at the wider position. The club is the loser in this PR disaster. SWFC will be a laughing stock amongst other club supporters. DC will be a laughing stock amongst the Directors of other clubs. What a way to start the season.

Wednesday used to be a classy, traditional well respected club throughout the football world.

Since January 2015 it's been a laughing stock. 148 years of building and earning a great reputation, ruined by one clueless clown.

And it continues

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, daveyboy66 said:

It's impossible to quantify the stupidity of the club on this...there must be SOMEONE at the club who can say to Chansiri " hold on this is detrimental to all the good work over the last season " Perhaps Darren Moore could have a word ?

Chansiri's biggest characteristic is his stubbornness. It's easily the biggest thing about him that comes across when you see and hear him talk business and has been proven over the years by his actions.

There are probably multiple people at Hillsborough in a position to tell him this is awful, but that doesn't mean he has to listen. Sheffield Wednesday Football Club is his gig and that's the start and end of it.

5 minutes ago, Rodger Wylde said:

Wednesday used to be a classy, traditional well respected club throughout the football world.

Since January 2015 it's been a laughing stock. 148 years of building and earning a great reputation, ruined by one clueless clown.

And it continues

Exactly this 

But apparently hes learning and we should be optimistic 

Give me a f#ckin break 

Majority of fans at this club are MUGS 

A Fan exercises his right his right to litigation. An owner exercises his right to with hold a particular form of sale of goods.

Both have their reasons to respond as they have. No need to have a pop at either. DC hasn't closed down the guys options of support, he has just cut off the privilege of the discount option.

Far too much W & P on here !   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 0114 said:

What if that man had lost his job through the pandemic?

What if that money was crucial to his livelihood? 

What if he’s now back on his feet and wants to attend again? 

Shouldn’t even need an explanation but come on

Do you really believe that somebody, who lost his job and livelihood has nothing better to do than suing his club?  I don't think so.

After getting back on his feet his second action is to go to the press and get this article published without giving the club the opportunity to give their point of view.

Sorry.. as I said.. he was entitled to go to court, but don't pull the pity number on this one! The guy knows exactly, what he is doing and it was not out of economical necessity!

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Me and son were both owed 140 pounds each we just put it in our club account for future season tickets/match day tickets it's not as if we're never going to attend a game again 

That’s all good and well, but some people may have had to look at life a lot differently as a result of the lockdowns etc. 

When it comes to watching football matches or trying to rebuild from a huge hit in your own personal income streams, there’s only one winner, or at least there should be.

The only loser in all this is the club itself. Chansiri once more showing his true colours, not to mention his (lack of) business acumen.

Its shameful and shouldn’t even be happening, not at any time, least of all on the eve of a new season in which we all are expecting the team to push heavily for automatic promotion.

3 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

Do you really believe that somebody, who lost his job and livelihood has nothing better to do than suing his club?  I don't think so.

After getting back on his feet his second action is to go to the press and get this article published without giving the club the opportunity to give their point of view.

Sorry.. as I said.. he was entitled to go to court, but don't pull the pity number on this one! The guy knows exactly, what he is doing and it was not out of economical necessity!

He was told by the ticket office they'd get back to him, but they never did. He also sent them two emails about it but they ignored them.

Just now, OneManBand said:

He was told by the ticket office they'd get back to him, but they never did. He also sent them two emails about it but they ignored them.

so not banned then just very poor communication from the ticket office  

36 minutes ago, Miruic said:

It was very poor. It was however clearly because we didn’t have enough cash in reserve to pay it all back. Which is poor but the position we were in. It was clear that we were in financial strife.

Suing the club just meant you jumped the queue past other Wednesdayites  and it cost the club more money. it doesn’t excuse the poor way the club dealt with the issue and how they communicated their decision with the fans but let’s not make out the fans who sued the club did it for anyone but themselves. Not for the club and not for other fans.

I’m sorry it’s impacted them as it has but sometimes when you put yourself ahead of other fans it’s going to have consequences. 

Of course they did it for themselves, but we all do that at times, so I'm not sure what your point is. The fans with the most away points buy tickets for away matches that they won't attend (and often sell them on) leaving those with slightly less points unable to get a ticket whilst someone who doesn't have enough points is going instead, or in some cases the seat is left unoccupied. Their consequence for putting themselves first is they keep getting away tickets. That's just one example. 

As for putting themselves first then they may be guilty, but I don't think they put themselves in front of others. Anybody who kicked off had generally been waiting til 6-12 months after Chansiri had started the refunds and had said he was going to make the refunds (he never said it would take him 24 months or whatever timescales it's taken) 

• Like 2

Just now, OneManBand said:

I don't say that the club's actions were good.

I'm just saying that is not the normal action of somebody in financial needs to sue somebody and go to the press. These are actions, which you usually take, if you are in a financially good position, don't fear court cases and want to make a point. It's ridiculous to make him out as a poor fan, who needed the money.

If you are really financially struggling, you have better things to do and you do fear the costs and effort involved in a court case.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

I don't say that the club's actions were good.

I'm just saying that is not the normal action of somebody in financial needs to sue somebody and go to the press. These are actions, which you usually take, if you are in a financially good position, don't fear court cases and want to make a point. It's ridiculous to make him out as a poor fan, who needed the money.

If you are really financially struggling, you have better things to do and you do fear the costs and effort involved in a court case.

This is all wrong 

I’m currently in a no win no fee medical negligence case. I’ve not worked in two years almost because of my health. 

If you’re within your rights to go after money you’re owed, and you’ve exhausted all other attempts, going to court is viable for all.

• Love 4

2 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

If you’re within your rights to go after money you’re owed, and you’ve exhausted all other attempts, going to court is viable for all.

Its literally what it’s for 

Its the whole point of it existing 

It’s the exact reason it exists 

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop