Wednesday fans banned from buying a season ticket?

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Just when you think things are improving

Absolutely shooting themselves in the foot on the PR front AGAIN totally unnecessarily

Could have just sold him a season ticket, won a fan back over and avoided bad press

Nope

Had to have another spat with the fans

At a time when the club is asking for sponsors to cough up again too

Absolutely this. 

Someone was soo fed up that they were prepared to take legal action against the club. And yet, that person is so loyal that they returned to spend yet more money with SWFC. 

Upon return of that loyal customer, we decided to kick him in the böllocks AND refuse his money. 

Bonkers and petty minded

• Love 1
  • Thanks 5

Anyone defending the club needs to take a ******** look in the mirror, your part of the problem. 

this is totally unacceptable! Those people paid for a product/service. It wasn’t delivered and they are entitled to get that money back. just because your loyal and a fan of the club doesn’t mean you should be taken advantage of. 

I’m a fan of food, you know it keeps me alive and poo. If I go to a restaurant and order food and it ain’t brought of course I’m gonna want my money back. There’s no difference here. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

34 minutes ago, Rumble Fish said:

Absolutely this. 

Someone was soo fed up that they were prepared to take legal action against the club. And yet, that person is so loyal that they returned to spend yet more money with SWFC. 

Upon return of that loyal customer, we decided to kick him in the böllocks AND refuse his money. 

Bonkers and petty minded

That is certainly one way of looking at it.

Another would be to say, someone bought a season ticket and due to unprecedented circumstances (Covid restrictions) they couldn't attend all the games.

The club were under no obligation to give a refund, but offered to do so in a number of ways, e.g. cash refund, credit to spend in the shop, credit towards future season ticket.

The club said anyone choosing to take a cash refund would not be entitled to buy another one in future.

Someone chose to take a cash refund and as it took so long to come through decided to take the club to court to demand it at a time when the club are experiencing obvious financial difficulties, then expects to be able to buy another season ticket.

Bonkers!

Just now, OriginalAlien said:

Someone chose to take a cash refund and as it took so long to come through decided to take the club to court to demand it at a time when the club are experiencing obvious financial difficulties, then expects to be able to buy another season ticket.

Bonkers!

The club OFFERED the refunds

The club cut communications
The club wouldn't reply to his emails

The club hadn't paid him the refund
The club continued to spend huge amounts of money on signing on fees, contracts, agent fees and paying new players championship wages - where did all THAT money come from?

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

The club continued to spend huge amounts of money on signing on fees, contracts, agent fees and paying new players championship wages - where did all THAT money come from?

I'm not saying the club got it right, I'm just offering a differing take on how it could be seen.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

How do you know this?

Anyway

Here's how I would played it

Man walks in to buy season ticket

1) Sell it to him and have a fan onboard again

OR

2) (this is the alternative way)

See the man applying for a season ticket was the chap who had to resort to legal methods of getting his refund after he'd exhausted every single other option

Invite the man for a meeting and hear what he has to say, why he felt he had to do it so you can learn from his story
Then - shake hands, show him round the community team and the work they do and encourage him to get involved

Then go to press and have the bloke say how he's back in the fold, back as a season ticket holder and would encourage all other fans in a similar situation to do the same and get on board and have a fantastic new season

Good PR
No BAD PR

Encourages more season ticket sales 
Doesn't discourage people to stay away still 

Either way - any of those two options are a zillion times better than the one the club/chairman chose

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest I Love Coffee

I feel this is poor from the written media. Even more so now I've seen a laughable tweet saying they've had the story for ages. So to release it on the eve of the season to try and erode the goodwill behind the club leaves a sour taste.

4 minutes ago, I Love Coffee said:

I feel this is poor from the written media. Even more so now I've seen a laughable tweet saying they've had the story for ages. So to release it on the eve of the season to try and erode the goodwill behind the club leaves a sour taste.

*sigh*

This is how it works

They get the story

They then approach the club for comment

They did this

They were waiting back from the club for comment before publishing

THAT is why it's taken to long to publish

That's the FACTS

If they'd released it earlier you'd no doubt have then accused them of trying to sabotage season ticket sales or that it's their fault there's clouds over Fargate or summat

How's about staying laser focus on the actual STORY and why it even exists in the first place?

And please - FOR THE LOVE OF GOD can we all just STOP with the 'everyone's out to get us' dullard braindead poo thats so TEDIOUS to have to read?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop