Wednesday fans banned from buying a season ticket?

It's impossible to quantify the stupidity of the club on this...there must be SOMEONE at the club who can say to Chansiri " hold on this is detrimental to all the good work over the last season " Perhaps Darren Moore could have a word ?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Why is anyone surprised with this?

Most businesses will automatically suspend an account following a charge back or court claim. They'll pay it, but it almost always comes at the cost of further business.

It costs them a load of time and effort to sort out, and very few businesses will deal with someone who's taken them to court.

They may reinstate it at some point but if it's the first time you try and use it, it's guaranteed to be frozen.

Try doing it with Amazon and see how long your account lasts.

1 minute ago, PARKOWL said:

i thought the story was about a fan being denied the chance to buy a season ticket on the day he wanted to and hasn't received a reason why and assumes its because he took the club to court although he hasnt had any confirmation and the club havent confirmed that either

But maybe im just reading it to literal and not reading between the lines enough like others 

I'd also like to point out for anyone thinking that im trying to be the biggest and bestest fan or a DC sympathiser or a sheffiled star conspiracy theorist 

That if the club have indeed banned him for perusing his money then  DC, Dooley, staff, advisors and anyone else involved in the decision are an absolute disgrace as no one knew what anyone elses circumstances were during the pandemic 

5 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Imagine, if you will, that you bought a pair of shoes from JD Sports. The soles of those shoe fall off after 21 days. You return the shoes, but JD Sports refuse to offer you a refund, despite you having a receipt of purchase and the product is clearly not as purchased.

You then make a claim against JD Sports, which of course you win because you're entitled to your refund. One year later, you return to JD Sports to buy another pair of shoes, and they refuse to let you buy anything.

The business is of course entitled to do that, but it isn't right. Not at all. And in the above scenario, you know it is. You're gonna kick and scream and say it's not comparable, you're going to argue that "no, it is actually OK that they don't serve me", you'll pretend it wouldn't bother you (probably including some snide remark about shopping at JD Sports, because you'd never shop there and if you make a quip about that you can try and avoid the analogy), but you know that is wrong, you know that it's a bad look and immoral, and you know that if it were you in that scenario it would be at best upsetting.

Seriously, look yourself in the mirror and ask WTF is wrong with you that you can defend such a practice just because it's Sheffield Wednesday. Like actually look yourself in the mirror and think about it for a minute.

Let's be honest, if Sheffield United were doing this, you'd be taunting and goading about what a shower the owners were. At least admit that to yourself. 

You look far, far, far more stupid than you think having this ridiculous and indefensible opinion... it's not edgy or TruFan, it's just sad. 

It’s sad to be THAT patronising aswell, just to point out. 

3 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Let's be honest, if Sheffield United were doing this, you'd be taunting and goading about what a shower the owners were.

1,000,000% this. Those being defending Wednesday would without doubt be critical of United had they acted similarly. I can hear them now…

“WENSDAY WOULD NEVER DO THAT, DIRTEH PIGS” 

• Like 1

Just now, OohhJohnnyJohnny said:

It’s sad to be THAT patronising aswell, just to point out. 

Slightly ironic. You don’t get to come on here and tell someone what to do with their own money and then have the cheek to call anyone else patronising mate

lol 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 0114 said:

Slightly ironic. You don’t get to come on here and tell someone what to do with their own money and then have the cheek to call anyone else patronising mate

lol 

Weird, don’t recall telling anyone what to do with their money. Are you okay ‘mate’? 

No fan will take their club to support for the sake of it.

If the communication from the club was better, this doesn’t happen. If the club didn’t take over a year to refund a couple hundred quid, this doesn’t happen.

Its poor from the club however you slice it

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

It's impossible to quantify the stupidity of the club on this...there must be SOMEONE at the club who can say to Chansiri " hold on this is detrimental to all the good work over the last season " Perhaps Darren Moore could have a word ?

Maybe somebody did say that.

I’m not convinced Chansiri is the type of owner to take on advice from others when he has already decided on a course of action.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

You think Chansiri would listen to Moore  ? Seriously? 

Chansiri is one of the most dislikable blokes in football 

Except weirdly some of our lot defend him 

It's his way only 

He listens to nobody except his own ego 

I wouldn't have taken action against the club just because I would assume it would get sorted eventually and I couldn't really be bothered anyway.

BUT he has every right to do so and the club were actually disgusting in the time taken to sort this out. This just stinks and puts the club in a very bad light.

• Like 5

Can one of the star journalists that frequent on here get clarification from their colleague that the fan in question has indeed been banned or was he just denied a ticket on that day as its reported in the article

I paid up front for a season ticket.

260 mile round trip for every game didn't bother me.

The pandemic wasn't the clubs fault.

I took the credit option as I understood the financial implications of taking money, which had probably been already spent, out of the club.

I would never dream of taking my club to court.

My daughter actually owes me more money, but I am not taking her to court either....

Can't wait for Saturday.....as watching Wednesday play is what I want to do.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Imagine, if you will, that you bought a pair of shoes from JD Sports. The soles of those shoe fall off after 21 days. You return the shoes, but JD Sports refuse to offer you a refund, despite you having a receipt of purchase and the product is clearly not as purchased.

You then make a claim against JD Sports, which of course you win because you're entitled to your refund. One year later, you return to JD Sports to buy another pair of shoes, and they refuse to let you buy anything.

The business is of course entitled to do that, but it isn't right. Not at all. And in the above scenario, you know it is. You're gonna kick and scream and say it's not comparable, you're going to argue that "no, it is actually OK that they don't serve me", you'll pretend it wouldn't bother you (probably including some snide remark about shopping at JD Sports, because you'd never shop there and if you make a quip about that you can try and avoid the analogy), but you know that is wrong, you know that it's a bad look and immoral, and you know that if it were you in that scenario it would be at best upsetting.

Seriously, look yourself in the mirror and ask WTF is wrong with you that you can defend such a practice just because it's Sheffield Wednesday. Like actually look yourself in the mirror and think about it for a minute.

Let's be honest, if Sheffield United were doing this, you'd be taunting and goading about what a shower the owners were. At least admit that to yourself. 

You look far, far, far more stupid than you think having this ridiculous and indefensible opinion... it's not edgy or TruFan, it's just sad. 

I totally agree with what you are saying.

But wow! That’s delivered in a condescending manner.

Imagine, if you will, that you are the Director of a business. A fellow Director has a difference of opinion with you. The consensus of opinion amongst fellow Directors makes it clear that the overriding opinion is that you are right and your fellow Director is wrong.

Furthermore, ethics and moral ideology are on your side not your fellow Director.

However, instead of simply explaining your stance and taking the win you decide to goad your fellow Director about what his likely next move is and then tell him to look in the mirror.

You then tell him to look in the mirror again in case the first one didn’t sink in.

Then point at your rivals across the street - if Joe Bloggs Ltd did that you’d be goading them.

Your fellow Director falls to his knees behind his desk, grasping his chest.

”You look ridiculous” you say before scissor kicking him in the head on your way out.

———————————————————————-

All of a sudden - you’ve gone from your fellow Directors thinking you are smart, measured and insightful to them thinking actually, you’re just a bit of a ****.

• Like 2
  • Love 2