Premier League 2022/23

I know we live in a time where transfer fees are absurd, but up to 40 odd million for Gibbs White and  70 million for Casimero is mental. 

I have no doubt that plenty of United fans will be placated by the fact they're coughing up a huge fee on a Real Madrid player,  but this smacks again of the club having no transfer strategy and panicking. 

He's obviously a  good player who has had a brilliant career, but he's 30 and according to a few articles I've read struggles to operate in teams who play higher lines (which is what Ten Hag likes to do). Also, he had the luxury of being able to pass the ball to Kross/Modric and let them work their magic. Man U don't have anyone at that level, even though Eriksen is a very good footballer. 

Guy might come in and be an absolutely brilliant signing, but I wouldn't be shocked to see Man U still getting overrun in midfield even with him playing as a holder. Part of me thinks that Real Madrid have got everything out of him they could and can't believe they're luck that United are willing to stump up so much. Smacks a bit of the Schweinsteiger signing a few years back. We will see.  

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I know we live in a time where transfer fees are absurd, but up to 40 odd million for Gibbs White and  70 million for Casimero is mental. 

I have no doubt that plenty of United fans will be placated by the fact they're coughing up a huge fee on a Real Madrid player,  but this smacks again of the club having no transfer strategy and panicking. 

He's obviously a  good player who has had a brilliant career, but he's 30 and according to a few articles I've read struggles to operate in teams who play higher lines (which is what Ten Hag likes to do). Also, he had the luxury of being able to pass the ball to Kross/Modric and let them work their magic. Man U don't have anyone at that level, even though Eriksen is a very good footballer. 

Guy might come in and be an absolutely brilliant signing, but I wouldn't be shocked to see Man U still getting overrun in midfield even with him playing as a holder. Part of me thinks that Real Madrid have got everything out of him they could and can't believe they're luck that United are willing to stump up so much. Smacks a bit of the Schweinsteiger signing a few years back. We will see.  

He’ll be on loan at Inter Milan the season after next 

1 minute ago, Night King said:

He’ll be on loan at Inter Milan the season after next 

Could be. 

Styles of football are probably more similar to what he's about to experience in the PL. 

Might be completely wrong on this, but it just smacks again of Man U signing a "name" to appease their fans. 

5 hours ago, scram said:

Zinchchenko was an awesome addition

They look pretty solid all over the pitch now but I'm not sure how robust they will be defensively under tough scrutiny.

I was surprised that Citeh let him go as he is an outstanding player, great pick up Arsenal and they have got off to a flyer. I still don't see them challenging this season as its a long season. The World Cup break will add a different twist to this season but I still think that Citeh will win the league.

4 hours ago, DCFCOwls said:

Be nice for Man City to be challenged 

And the bottom 3 could be any 3 from about 8 or 9. Leicester are in serious danger if they lose Maddison. Im already accepting Forest will have to much and will easily stay up 😔

Yes Leicester are in trouble this season.
They hit a purple patch with their recruitment for a few years, and Vardy helped of course, but he’s getting older (more injuries). If they sell Fofana, Tielmans (spelling) or even Maddison then it could be relegation this season if they aren’t replaced with good players 

Must be a bit weird being a Wolves fan.

I'm not sure how you even connect with that team if your not Portuguese. 

Portuguese owner, manager and coaches, and a majority of the players are from there..is it 24 Portuguese players Mendes has signed since he took over?

They just seem to be a nursery club for for Liga Portugal,  with very little interest in home grown talent. 

Saw the back end of the 1st half of Bournemouth/Arsenal, and watching Ben Pearson stroll around in midfield for Bournemouth is hilarious. His game is basically being a sh**house, you might get away with that in the Championship but you need a lot more in the PL.

Talk about a fish out of water.