Premier League 2022/23

2 hours ago, alanharper said:

The Palace player involved in the sending off has received hundreds of abusive messages including death threats.

Those pesky Chelsea fans at it again...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11115891/Joachim-Andersen-admits-triggered-Darwin-Nunezs-REALLY-STUPID-headbutt.html

One guy hopes he gets "rabbies" 

Edited by Skyline

On 15/08/2022 at 22:03, Pablo Bonvin said:

Not a good start to the season for Liverpool. Shame.

Think they've got it wrong with Nunez, 

Looking deep into the stats, Firminho is much more a team player, with his back to goal. This allowed Mane and Salah to thrive.

Take Firminho out, put in a more selfish forward. The whole balance collapses.

They should have started the season with Firminho and said to Nunez, look, this is what we want from you.

1 hour ago, markowl said:

Gibbs-White to Forest for 44.5 million.

This is why I'm sick of football. Decent Championship player, unproven at Premiership level and nowhere near the England team, being valued at probably the same price you could buy our club for. Utter madness.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Edgy Owl said:

This is why I'm sick of football. Decent Championship player, unproven at Premiership level and nowhere near the England team, being valued at probably the same price you could buy our club for. Utter madness.

Look on the bright side — it’ll píss the pigs off no end 

lol 

22 hours ago, markowl said:

They're fahooked if they go down thus season.

They probably will go down.

They have signed a bunch of mercenaries like Fulham did when they came up and went straight back down having spent over £100 million.

Half of these players wouldn't have been able to pick Nottingham out on a map, and may not even know about the Clough years. All they are interested in is the Premier League wage packet. 

So basically a totally disjointed new team , full of disinterested players. 

Like Jesse Lingard cares about playing there..he was always going to go to the highest wage giver, not remotely interested in the football aspect of it.

It wont matter if they go down (Forest) theyllget those parachute payments, be allowed to carry on paying average premier league footballers 100k+ a week because of it and probably go back up having essembled 2 teams,. Just having sheer strength in depth that 20 other teams simply arent allowed to have or even spend anything over 5m.

just let the prem break off or let them fo ok off to that european super league thingy, its utterly pointless bothering until they do because their code has all the sodding money and power to do as they please, the rest of us have to sit and be laughed at.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DCFCOwls said:

It wont matter if they go down (Forest) theyllget those parachute payments, be allowed to carry on paying average premier league footballers 100k+ a week because of it and probably go back up having essembled 2 teams,. Just having sheer strength in depth that 20 other teams simply arent allowed to have or even spend anything over 5m.

just let the prem break off or let them fo ok off to that european super league thingy, its utterly pointless bothering until they do because their code has all the sodding money and power to do as they please, the rest of us have to sit and be laughed at.

Didn't you have parachute payments after you finished with 8 points of whatever it was? 

I dont think we did as they werent around back then? If we did they werent at the levels they are now, and the promotion was 60m back in 2006/07 whicb we managed to squander on Savage, Kenny Miller, Rob Earnshaw and others I cant even remember... we even signed Hulse from your friends across the way who hadnt scored in 18 months and had a 1 in 6 scoring record... and hired Paul Jewell to put the cherry on top of the circus cake lol

But 2007/08 seems like a well run sport compared to nowadays its utterly mind bending how stupid its got 

I aint denying weve been dirty, weve made massive mistakes on promotion (2007) but I want a game where everyone plays on a level playing field and a wage cap is the first thing that needs to come in 

1 hour ago, Night King said:

Forest be nowhere near the bottom 3 at the end of the season. They’ve had to recruit a new squad and they’ve added a lot of quality. 

My thoughts the same 

They wont be relegated theyve signed enough to stay up and theyre now (in the current climate) well and truly gone away from us, we aint competing with them for at least a decade 😞 , I wont deny we had our chances and blew it and weve totally missed the boat now. Similar to you guys I guess?!.

still... Fleetwood tomorrow happy days :duntmatter: