Premier League 2022/23

7 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

A 6 week break is mental. It will be really interesting to see how teams do form wise after that break.

Here's my predictions -

1: City

2: Liverpool 

3: Tottenham

4: Chelsea

18: Forest

19: Fulham

20: Bournemouth

The first game back after the break is on Boxing Day.

I wonder if there will be a call for a Christmas break as well from the big 6....

Bit early to be making predictions and the winter WC is a bit of a curveball but it’s hard to see past Man City for the title.

Haaland could potentially be a beast for them, Alvarez might take longer to adjust but looks like a handy player, and they’re linked with Phillips and Cucurella which would solve their ‘issues’ in CM with Fernandinho leaving and at LB. It’ll be interesting to see how Grealish gets on in his second season under Pep, which is usually when players start to thrive under his coaching. 

I was planning to do a full prediction thread closer to the start of the season, always good to look back at the end and see how people’s predictions have panned out

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Just me that thinks Raphinha and Richarlison are massively over rated?

I don’t understand Richarlison,  I will watch him at spurs with interest as apart from scoring penalties - which Kane will be doing - I just don’t rate him 

3 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Just me that thinks Raphinha and Richarlison are massively over rated?

Yeah. I can't understand why Chelsea, Arsenal etc are after them.

Classic South American players that look like Rivaldo one week and Pablo Bonvin for the next three. 

• Haha 1

Spurs are recruiting very very well. Looks like they're on the verge of getting Lenglet from Barce, who's a top centre back and will strengthen that back 3 of Romero, Dier, Davies. They've signed Perisic who even though he's getting on, he's fit as a fiddle and will be first choice at left wing back for them, having played there all last season for Inter. They've strengthened centre mid with Bissouma, so adding to Bentancur and Hojbjerg, that's a very good pool of 3 to pick from. Then Kulusevski who was unreal for them from January, Son, Kane and Richarlison if he signs. Looks a very impressive squad and very impressive recruitment. Hope they make a serious challenge to Liverpool and City this season

17 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

If Everton lose Richarlison they might have another crap season…. I can’t see loads of players queuing up to go there based on last season. 

They tend to get a lot of flops or C level players. 

I think Everton will take breaking even on Richarlison.

People talking about it being a good deal yet, Sterling is rumoured to be going for less.

Much more important the Everton hold on to Gordon.