Premier League 2022/23

24 minutes ago, ronnie said:

I think the point is that they haven't spent their own money (glazers)

Taken a billion between the family. 

And?

They’ve spent more than anyone else. It’s a fact. They could have bled the club dry and, not spent a penny.

They need 10-12 new players. They need to take their medicine and, put together a long term plan.

Look at Arteta, slowly turning things around now he’s been able to get rid of the problem players.

United’s issue is they’ve got twice as many to get rid of than Arsenal.

There’s no plan. I suppose that’s where Neville is right.

Whilst managers have irrefutably been backed, many of those investments have been poor. A Sporting Director isn’t necessarily the answer. For me, they only work when the players brought in are wanted by the manager.

There are far too many bang average players on eye watering contracts as well. 

Mctominay, Fred, Maguire, Lindelof, Varane,

Rashford, Fernandes, Dalot, Ronaldo, Sancho.

The list is endless. Either not good enough, poisonous or, bang average. How many of the players above get in the Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool, City or, Chelsea team? 

8 hours ago, 0wl18 said:

There’s no plan. I suppose that’s where Neville is right.

Whilst managers have irrefutably been backed, many of those investments have been poor. A Sporting Director isn’t necessarily the answer. For me, they only work when the players brought in are wanted by the manager.

There are far too many bang average players on eye watering contracts as well. 

Mctominay, Fred, Maguire, Lindelof, Varane,

Rashford, Fernandes, Dalot, Ronaldo, Sancho.

The list is endless. Either not good enough, poisonous or, bang average. How many of the players above get in the Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool, City or, Chelsea team? 

Ronaldo - average

6 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

How many does he start?

If he gets game time, why didn’t Chelsea, who are crying out for a striker, sign him when they were offered the opportunity?

It's vary,  but I imagine he'd play at least half the games for Chelsea, and a fair few for City and spurs. 

Not sure,  I don't do negotiations for Chelsea,  I'd imagine the overall package wasn't a good fit for them,  or they seem to be following a policy for younger players since Boehly took over 

I think utd need to firstly stop the rot before trying to rebuild in this piecemeal fashion. 

Look at their glaring issues and do what they can to buy time - defence is an utter mess

Maybe even tried to tempt somebody like Chiellini for a season or 2 before his US semi retirement

Get some leaders on the pitch and being as they are largely out of the market for the top line players then they need to get whoever they can that best fits the bill - maybe players who are on the wane but have tons of experience

There is such a stench around the place and they've totally lost direction on and off the pitch

Maguire needs to go - he's not good enough to be a first choice player never mind skipper for utd and its also not good for him

Get away and rebuild his reputation

Maguire has totally lost his way. In my opinion he was never good enough for Man Utd. He looks better in the England squad because Southgate plays two very good defensive CDM's. This suits HM massively. 

Man Utd don't even have one good CDM to help protect that back line.

Ronaldo should go. His attitude stinks and you can tell he does not want to be there. This can't help what already looks like a toxic dressing room.

Fernandes looked quality and pretty much dragged United along during his first season. But since then he's hardly done anything of note.

De Gea has been dropping clangers for seasons now, he also has some games where he looks like the old De Gea but for me, I'd have shipped him out and looked at Henderson. Get some young blood in. 

Sancho - Not worked has it? I'm still not sure he's actually that good. 

Rashford - Reminds me of Danny Welbeck. Looked a real prospect but has gone so far backwards that I can't see him doing anything at all. 

McTominay - No where near good enough. Squad player at best. 

Massive overhaul needed at Man Utd. Sack the chase for De Jong off and go get some young, hungry players for a fraction of the cost and rebuild. 

Arsenal have done some brilliant deals over the past 2 years, take a leaf out of their book. Persisting with the same players under a new manager is going to get you in a heap load of trouble. 

• Like 1

At least Wellbeck always put a shift in.

Rashford comes across like a stroppy child these days. 

Agree though, complete clear out needed at that club. 

Perhaps there are a few there who can still have successful Man U careers, but as a collective that squad is done imo.

6 hours ago, scram said:

I think utd need to firstly stop the rot before trying to rebuild in this piecemeal fashion. 

Look at their glaring issues and do what they can to buy time - defence is an utter mess

Maybe even tried to tempt somebody like Chiellini for a season or 2 before his US semi retirement

Get some leaders on the pitch and being as they are largely out of the market for the top line players then they need to get whoever they can that best fits the bill - maybe players who are on the wane but have tons of experience

There is such a stench around the place and they've totally lost direction on and off the pitch

Maguire needs to go - he's not good enough to be a first choice player never mind skipper for utd and its also not good for him

Get away and rebuild his reputation

Graeme Souness was saying roughly the same on the radio this morning. He went on to say a player like John McGinn at Villa would improve United’s midfield in an instant. Tough tackling, excellent work rate and an obvious desire to perform to his best ability each time he walks onto the pitch.

United are trying to put the cherry on a cake that’s not even been baked yet. 

I watched both the Brighton and Brentford games and it’s obvious that the side has no substance whatsoever. No leaders, no direction and no idea.