Lewis Gibson

I don't get why Everton would want him. He's 21, been loaned at L1 level, moved up to Chamionship level and only played 13 games all season, then down to L1 again where he was injured most of the season. Not exactly pulling up trees at Premiership level.  Still only 21 but looks like he might end up decent at Championship level.

Looks like themight be hoping to get a fee rather than play him at Premiership level.

We need players that can play 40+ games in a season not break before they get to double figures.

You want to sign a player from wycombe look a Tafazolli solid centre back, 30 years old, 6ft 6, a real mans defender with give us height we miss at set plays, if solid at both defence and attack and more importantly for us is now a free agent.

He made the league one team of the year only playing 33 games and had a better season rating than Bannan.

Guest DoesJackHunt

We could do worse, hopefully his injury problems are over. A season as a first team regular with the league one champions 😉 could do him the world of good  

10 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We need players that can play 40+ games in a season not break before they get to double figures.

You want to sign a player from wycombe look a Tafazolli solid centre back, 30 years old, 6ft 6, a real mans defender with give us height we miss at set plays, if solid at both defence and attack and more importantly for us is now a free agent.

He made the league one team of the year only playing 33 games and had a better season rating than Bannan.

In summary from your post

1.  We need players who can play 40 plus games a season

2.  Let’s sign a player who only managed 33 last season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, mcmigo said:

In summary from your post

1.  We need players who can play 40 plus games a season

2.  Let’s sign a player who only managed 33 last season.

Indeed who in 33 games was the best centre back in the division.

So in summary playing 46 games he would be amazing.lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, 1867Heaven said:

As a ball playing centre back I think he was going to be key to how Moore wanted to play last season, I’d definitely have him back on loan next season.

Based on his 5 games for us? Each to his own and everyone’s opinion is valid. My question would be, if he had been on loan at, say Portsmouth last season and played 5 games would any SWFC fan want us to try and sign him this season? I think not but nothing surprises me about Wednesday fans anymore. 

• Like 2

Is this not standard paractice now 

to offer all players trained By the club a contract even telling them you won’t play so basically turn it down snd sign elsewhere 

it guarantes the club they are leaving to get a fee 

not sure the rules is it players under a certain age 21, 23,24,25? No idea 

would wildsmith qualify? 

5 hours ago, prowl said:

I don't get why Everton would want him. He's 21, been loaned at L1 level, moved up to Chamionship level and only played 13 games all season, then down to L1 again where he was injured most of the season. Not exactly pulling up trees at Premiership level.  Still only 21 but looks like he might end up decent at Championship level.

Looks like themight be hoping to get a fee rather than play him at Premiership level.

It's all about protecting a potential asset.