Lewis Gibson

He’ll never play for Everton. Any offer to him is just so they can make a few Bob. Don’t blame them for it but he may as well sign elsewhere if he wants an actual career. I hope he’s not actually crocked because what I saw of him I liked. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DoorDoor said:

he was shocking the few games he played for us, I'd rather have kadeem harris or ojubado at CB

Agree...this is tu4ning into one of worse pre seasons ever...loads of crap players linked and this Argentina nonsense 🙈

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, room0035 said:

We need players that can play 40+ games in a season not break before they get to double figures.

You want to sign a player from wycombe look a Tafazolli solid centre back, 30 years old, 6ft 6, a real mans defender with give us height we miss at set plays, if solid at both defence and attack and more importantly for us is now a free agent.

He made the league one team of the year only playing 33 games and had a better season rating than Bannan.

Ha.

If we were linked with a defender aged 30 you would be crying about him being too old.

You are full of it.

And why compare a rating of a defender to a midfielder?

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, fpowl said:

Is this not standard paractice now 

to offer all players trained By the club a contract even telling them you won’t play so basically turn it down snd sign elsewhere 

it guarantes the club they are leaving to get a fee 

not sure the rules is it players under a certain age 21, 23,24,25? No idea 

would wildsmith qualify? 

I think Wildsmith is too old for us to get the development compo.

On Gibson, the risk for Everton is that Gibson accepts. On the back of an injury filled season (I think it might actually be two) who wants to pay any fee? I’d be happy for Gibson to come on a free and for L1 wages or on loan, but if we have to pay even modest compensation to Everton then we should move on and spend elsewhere.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Avon barksdale said:

Been offered a new deal at Everton , presume he’ll sign and go out on loan. Personally I’d like to see him back at Hillsborough think he’s got good potential if fit which is a big if for Wednesday!! 

Just NO....No more injured players whose wages we pay whilst we have issues on the pitch that we have no player to deal with......

11 hours ago, DoorDoor said:

he was shocking the few games he played for us, I'd rather have kadeem harris or ojubado at CB

He was obviously rusty but he looked like he has the makings of a very good defender at EFL level.  I'd be happy if we signed him but I wouldn't be held over a barrel by Everton.

I get he's young, but in the last 3 years, 3 different loans, he's played just over 30 league games. 

He's 22 next month and considering the money we wasted on him last season for the 5 or so games he participated in, would be a huge risk for a player who consistently misses games through injury.

I suspect he isn't on our primary or secondary lists, maybe on the back up list if we need a squad filler on loan and don't get our preferred choices. 

On 10/06/2022 at 20:24, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Based on his 5 games for us? Each to his own and everyone’s opinion is valid. My question would be, if he had been on loan at, say Portsmouth last season and played 5 games would any SWFC fan want us to try and sign him this season? I think not but nothing surprises me about Wednesday fans anymore. 

My opinion doesn’t come from what I saw last season, it comes from the fact that he’s a footballing centre half and Moore like to play it out from the back, weather he was unlucky, is injury prone or fell victim to our curse last season doesn’t change the type of player he is.

On 10/06/2022 at 23:48, The coach said:

Agree...this is tu4ning into one of worse pre seasons ever...loads of crap players linked and this Argentina nonsense 🙈

It’s nice to see a level headed review whatever you do try not to over react in the future keep them sensible abs balanced like that post 👍🏻👏🏻👏🏻

13 minutes ago, edwinowl said:

Was he heckers ? What game you watching pal ? 

1st game he was all over the place? Can’t remember who against ? Got hooked at half time? Did ok and had a very good game against Cambridge 

11 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

1st game he was all over the place? Can’t remember who against ? Got hooked at half time? Did ok and had a very good game against Cambridge 

And Lincoln. You can’t just sweep statements like that. 

25 minutes ago, edwinowl said:

And Lincoln. You can’t just sweep statements like that. 

I’m not the one who said he was shocking?first game he was all over the place and was shocking? After steady and was very good against Cambridge? Didn’t see Lincoln game so can’t comment on that one. Think if he stays fit he will be a good player at this level anyway 

Gibson looked decent and his left-footed ness was a massive asset.

But it’s lunacy to want him back. Waste of a wage that could be used on a fitter left-footed CB.

Got to stop acquiring good but unfit players.

• Like 4