Lewis Gibson

26 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Gibson looked decent and his left-footed ness was a massive asset.

But it’s lunacy to want him back. Waste of a wage that could be used on a fitter left-footed CB.

Got to stop acquiring good but unfit players.

So with that in mind it means he’s gonna be unfit this season ? Why ? 

• Like 1

Let’s be fair I’m sure if gibson can get and stay fit he will carv out a good career in the game 

however there is nothing we saw last year that suggests we should be signing him 

a handful of games I think wildsmith played more 

some games you could tell he can be a good player 

some games looked suspect but the most worrying thing and one thing we vastly need to improve on is his availability 

if our scouts came to Darren moore with a player who’s played 27 senior games and only made 5 league appearances last season in league one on a season long loan and we will have to pay a compensation fee for him we’d all be in uproar we was looking at him 

it’s a. Shame for him but I think somebody else needs to take the risk on him 

maybe we look back when he gets sold for 2/3 million next summer after being a beast for somebody 

but we can all guess and play hindsight the truth is last season Lewis gibson was a waste of money I actually thought the way we was persevering with him we’d all ready agreed a full time deal with him for this season 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, edwinowl said:

Well he only managed 13 appearances in his previous season too (LT injury at Reading), so the omens aren’t great…

53 minutes ago, edwinowl said:

It doesn’t.

But you’ve got to think that a player who barely played all last season, and who has had limited time in previous seasons, isn’t worth the risk. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Let’s be fair I’m sure if gibson can get and stay fit he will carv out a good career in the game 

however there is nothing we saw last year that suggests we should be signing him 

a handful of games I think wildsmith played more 

some games you could tell he can be a good player 

some games looked suspect but the most worrying thing and one thing we vastly need to improve on is his availability 

if our scouts came to Darren moore with a player who’s played 27 senior games and only made 5 league appearances last season in league one on a season long loan and we will have to pay a compensation fee for him we’d all be in uproar we was looking at him 

it’s a. Shame for him but I think somebody else needs to take the risk on him 

maybe we look back when he gets sold for 2/3 million next summer after being a beast for somebody 

but we can all guess and play hindsight the truth is last season Lewis gibson was a waste of money I actually thought the way we was persevering with him we’d all ready agreed a full time deal with him for this season 

Agree with much of this. We shouldn’t be forking out on a player that has barely played in the last two seasons. Perhaps worth a risk on League one wages, but not if compensation is required. I suspect Everton will find that no one is prepared to take the risk and they’ll be lumbered with a player they don’t really want.

I think Gibson was affected by injury at fleetwood too. On a free he’d be ok but as Everton have offered a deal to secure them some compensation it may put many people off and leave him in a frustrating situation. He will never break through there 

21 hours ago, Bluesteel. said:

I think Gibson was affected by injury at fleetwood too. On a free he’d be ok but as Everton have offered a deal to secure them some compensation it may put many people off and leave him in a frustrating situation. He will never break through there 

How much is the compo gonna be realistically ??

23 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Gibson looked decent and his left-footed ness was a massive asset.

But it’s lunacy to want him back. Waste of a wage that could be used on a fitter left-footed CB.

Got to stop acquiring good but unfit players.

How many quality left footed centre halves are about? 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Bluesteel. said:

Even if it was 100-200k it’s a lot for someone who has had a lot of injuries as most of the EFL is skint 

200k for someone who’s 21 and played for England at youth level is the other way to look at it. I get the injury risk but I’d be willing to gamble on him myself for that kind of figure. More reward than risk IMO

• Like 1

Just now, Dutch McLovin said:

200k for someone who’s 21 and played for England at youth level is the other way to look at it. I get the injury risk but I’d be willing to gamble on him myself for that kind of figure. More reward than risk IMO

jadon brown played for england at youth level do you reckon he's worth 200k? 

1 hour ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Id bet most of the EFL wouldnt have that cash to gamble on him which is why I think Everton have really restricted him. Unless we take him which I’m not sure we will, his options will be much more limited.

1 hour ago, Dutch McLovin said:

It's not a lot, I agree.

But, add in his reported £5k per week wage, for a player who has only played 30 odd league games in the last 3 years/his career and the risk profile increases. 

There is a player in him, but never fit enough to be on the pitch consistently.

We've already  pisssed away a decent chunk of his  £250k salary (depending on the wage split) last year, to play a handful (5?) games last season. 

6 hours ago, striker said:

It's not a lot, I agree.

But, add in his reported £5k per week wage, for a player who has only played 30 odd league games in the last 3 years/his career and the risk profile increases. 

There is a player in him, but never fit enough to be on the pitch consistently.

We've already  pisssed away a decent chunk of his  £250k salary (depending on the wage split) last year, to play a handful (5?) games last season. 

How do you know this?  Where do you get this information from?  Is there a site you can go to?  

Why would clubs/players release this type of personal information.