SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

15 minutes ago, Bluesteel. said:

I think we might get another striker too as an injury to Gregory or Smith suddenly has us down to only one “focal point” type option. Would be unfair to ask Cademarteri to shoulder the physical burden in the team at his age. 

Think that will be Patterson’s role tbh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

He means goalkeepers and players under 22 don’t count for your squad limit of 22 players

We’ve barely got any players under 22. Also, I’ve already counted the keepers and we’d be way above. It will be a MAXIMUM of 4 more players only!

1 hour ago, elyowl1 said:

Luongo may not have technically refused the offer, but he may have gone passed the offers expiry date. 

Ie sign before pre season starts. 

TBH with the club on this. You can't expect to be waiting around once pre-season starts and the player, having had a month or so to decide, hasn't been prepared to commit.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

You actually believe this guy? He’s got two right this week but about a million wrong before that if you count when he was KevOwl!

Debatable he got the ones this week right.

He said on Tuesday 21st that both players had signed the previous day on Monday 20th. Football Typer who was bang on with Heneghan and seemingly Ihiekwe, only posted of Wednesday’s interest on Monday night which according to our ITK poster they had already signed by this point.

Warne then on Tuesday 21st had an interview with Rob Staton saying how he was confident on keeping one, if not both both players. Which also fits in with what Football Typer said on Tuesday about Ihiekwe looks like he may now be staying at Wednesday. Something then has clearly happened over night to Wednesday 22nd which saw them both move to Wednesday. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tony Pulis said:

Smart. 

Think last summer especially in the attacking areas we had to think outside the box. A 24 year old winger who had scored 7 in 48 Eredivise matches probably seemed a safe gamble for a L1 side dealing with their hands tied. 

12 months on the recruitment plan is very different. 

22 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Smart. 

Think last summer especially in the attacking areas we had to think outside the box. A 24 year old winger who had scored 7 in 48 Eredivise matches probably seemed a safe gamble for a L1 side dealing with their hands tied. 

12 months on the recruitment plan is very different. 

I don't think Sow is a terrible player, and I think he could do a job for an Exeter or Shrewsbury in this division. But he's just never going to play.

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

We’ve barely got any players under 22. Also, I’ve already counted the keepers and we’d be way above. It will be a MAXIMUM of 4 more players only!

I politely disagree 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tony Pulis said:

I don't think Sow is a terrible player, and I think he could do a job for an Exeter or Shrewsbury in this division. But he's just never going to play.

Same. Never really got to see the lad have a go down the left. 

I’ll be surprised if he stays in L1. Got a move back to Holland written all over it. 

6 minutes ago, Tony Pulis said:

Agreed. It always looked like he was signed to play in 4-3-3 and had no role in 3-5-2. He didn’t seem to be a bad player IMO but as you say it’s hard to see where he’ll get a game (apart from Pizza Cup games). I’m sure someone will take him on a free. 

4 minutes ago, Is That It said:

Nicky Cadden LB at Forest Green linked this morning on Twitter.

between us, Oxford and Vale apparently 

Linked on Twitter by who? 

It looks like Cadden is a left sided player who can play anywhere along that side so potentially competition for Johnson which is ideal,  with Hunt and Palmer (and Pato) competing on the right side

Edited by Southie_Owl
  • Like 1