SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

2 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Opoku Ihiekwe Iorfa 

Not a bad back 3,  with Heneghan to throw into the mix too.  

And I still think the best CB is yet to come, surely DM will want to fill that central of the 3 vacancy.. I feel our CB's are all suited for the wide centre back roles apart from maybe Heneghan... Harlee Dean perhaps 🤔

Just now, striker said:

The way Moore was talking about Heneghan on the website the other day suggests he rates him and will be a regular starter. 

Iorfa (RCB), Heneghan (CB), Ihiewkwe (LCB).I think this is the plan. 

Yeah let’s go with that, looks like Opoku is a fake story 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

If it's a choice between Cadden and Purrington I'd go Cadden all day long.

Agree. Cadden appears to have more of an attacking edge to his game. 

In a lot of games our wing backs don't have a lot of defending to do and more about what they can contribute going forward. 

Purrington seems to be a more solid defensive type, a traditional LB. 

• Like 3

Read the other week Hull are happy to let Australian LB/LWB Callum Elder go if the right offer comes in with him looking for first team games to get into the World Cup squad. 

He was one Hull’s better players when they won L1 12 months ago registering 10 assists from LB. Was also part of Wigan’s title winning season in 17/18. 

With them letting Wilks go for £200k you would think Elder may be a decent bargain.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, striker said:

The way Moore was talking about Heneghan on the website the other day suggests he rates him and will be a regular starter. 

Iorfa (RCB), Heneghan (CB), Ihiewkwe (LCB).I think this is the plan. 

Don’t think Iorfa is in the plan 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest DoesJackHunt
4 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Don’t think Iorfa is in the plan 

Why don’t you think Iorfa’s in the plan ? 
Have you heard something or just you’re opinion? 

4 minutes ago, Tony Pulis said:

Why? 

If he can get back to his best, he will be a monster.

If? Like a lot of player who rely on pace once they start getting niggles their game struggles ? Hope he does come back 100% well see

Guest DoesJackHunt
22 minutes ago, Swfcsi said:

We need to be looking at players that stay fit for 90 percent of the season not sombody who plays two games a season..

Oh, ok 

3 hours ago, 0114 said:

Debatable he got the ones this week right.

He said on Tuesday 21st that both players had signed the previous day on Monday 20th. Football Typer who was bang on with Heneghan and seemingly Ihiekwe, only posted of Wednesday’s interest on Monday night which according to our ITK poster they had already signed by this point.

Warne then on Tuesday 21st had an interview with Rob Staton saying how he was confident on keeping one, if not both both players. Which also fits in with what Football Typer said on Tuesday about Ihiekwe looks like he may now be staying at Wednesday. Something then has clearly happened over night to Wednesday 22nd which saw them both move to Wednesday. 

Wow! Appears he knew more than Warne then about their intentions even though the dating was slightly out.

1 hour ago, striker said:

Can't say as I've seen either play, but appear to tick boxes. 

Cadden plays anywhere down the left hand side, providing competition for Johnson. Good age and available on a  free.

Likewise Opoku, left footed which is what we need, more of a development player, only 23 and on a free again?

I must say, this feels very unusual, the club doing good business, not spaffing money about and importantly doing early business. It's almost like we know what we are doing. 

Yes, I've been thinking I'm in some sort of alternate universe with all this transfer activity and England winning a Test series.

• Like 2