SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

1 hour ago, 0114 said:

What’s impressive this summer is we are yet to use the loan market and it’s looking like we may not even have too.

We are for me are a LWB & 2 CBs away from being done. The only other position I could possibly look to bring could be a Defensive Mid on loan with Vaulks possibly going to the World Cup. 

Purrington in on a free

Anderson on loan 

Young RB on loan

Maybe a young DM on loan if Vaulks will be away for 4 weeks, though Hunt, FDB should be able to cover that. 

Brown, and Sow out, Paterson too. 

Good window then. But we've thought that before and been wrong 

5 players already in on freebies 

200k for wilks 

purrington potentially and on a freebie 

what a window so far we have not even dipped into the loan market yet

only thing I can’t understand is why we give smith a 3 year deal if the rumours are true about that and wilks a 2 year when we have paid a fee it’s abit strange

Edited by stocksyuto

7 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

200k for wilks 

only thing I can’t understand is why we give smith a 3 year deal if the rumours are true about that and wilks a 2 year when we have paid a fee it’s abit strange

Smith might have only signed on a 3 year deal . Not sure it matters . He’d only be 33 hardly 47. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Smith might have only signed on a 3 year deal . Not sure it matters . He’d only be 33 hardly 47. 

I don’t care about his age he got a 3 year deal and wilks who is costing a fee of 200k is 23yo getting a 2 year deal should be tighing down a 23yo for longer

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

200k for wilks 

More than likely have an option for a third year, seems to be favoured contract clause by DC. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mogbad said:

Always find it strange that folk visit a transfer rumours thread in the hope of learning some transfer news concerning their club then when someone posts some information whether accurate or not they get ridiculed.

To be fair there have been a lot of posts in the past saying we are sihning a player and there's nothing to it, just made up attention seeking. Personally I take everything with a shovel full of salt but I still come on here and read the posts. It passes the time until the season starts. Occassionally some posters do call transfers right. Good luck to them.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

I don’t care about his age he got a 3 year deal and wilks who is costing a fee of 200k is 23yo getting a 2 year deal should be tighing down a 23yo for longer

Maybe the player and agent back him to do the business. That way he can bargain for a better extension... gamble on the next deal with either Wednesday or someone at a higher level. Not getting tied down and being available on a free means the next contract has to go in higher, sooner. 

On paper, he's exactly the sort of signing we should be getting in though now we have the core... if we have to jump through certain hoops to get him through the door then sobeit.

51 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

200k for wilks 

He may be stipulating that he only wants to sign for 2?

Once Wilks is in , and I expect Ben Purrington to sign too ,  I’m actually unsure what else we need other than cover at centre half 

Maybe hold out for Elliot Anderson and Jack Diamond on loan, but I’d be really wary of overloading the squad 

56 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

An 18 match day squad of

stockdale

iorfa

henegan

ihikiwi 

hunt

palmer

johnson

purrington

byers

bannan

vaulks

adenrian

windass

wilks 

gregory

smith

dawson

one other cb 

= promotion 

Stick Paterson in as the ‘one other CB’ slot? Always good to have a utility player at hand. 

With the 5 subs thing coming in there is going to be a very big focus on how we use the bench to impact games and our options look first rate. We are looking very much like HMS PTL is finally setting sail!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Stick Paterson in as the ‘one other CB’ slot? Always good to have a utility player at hand. 

With the 5 subs thing coming in there is going to be a very big focus on how we use the bench to impact games and our options look first rate. We are looking very much like HMS PTL is finally setting sail!

Been thinking something similar. I reckon Patto could revert to the defence, either one of three like Hutch or a poor man’s Sterland in a four.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Been thinking something similar. I reckon Patto could revert to the defence, either one of three like Hutch or a poor man’s Sterland in a four.

Let's stick to having defenders playing as defenders unlike at times last season.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Once Wilks is in , and I expect Ben Purrington to sign too ,  I’m actually unsure what else we need other than cover at centre half 

Maybe hold out for Elliot Anderson and Jack Diamond on loan, but I’d be really wary of overloading the squad 

We lost Storey, Hutch, Dean, Gibson and Dunkley from centre half

We’ve only signed 2 replacements so far. We need another 2 centre half’s given that Iorfa is made of glass

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

If Wilks and Purrington do sign and then we bring in let's say 2 more CB's that will still only give us a squad of 24 and that's counting A.Hunt, Brennan, Brown and Sow. The the former 2 I'd like to get out on loan and the latter 2 I'd like to move on if we can. I still feel we'd need another 3 or 4 to cover the squad for potential injuries and suspensions.