SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

6 minutes ago, vulva said:

We need another centre half, Dean ideally. 

Training with Brum and could be he's been re-accepted into the fold. However there is also the liklihood that Dean's wages are too high for us and Brum don't want to subsidise them and so are waiting to see if any other clubs come in.

4 minutes ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

There will be NO players that are unregistered. It makes no sense and is just throwing money away. Glad you are  your finance director!

PS: maybe one player…Brown cos he’s poo!!

He means goalkeepers and players under 22 don’t count for your squad limit of 22 players

16 minutes ago, vulva said:

We need another centre half, Dean ideally. 

Yep.

Reading a lot of the reasonable Rotherham fan responses Ihiekwe is better operating in RCB/LCB role with an experienced CB in the middle which was Richard Wood for Rotherham. We really need that old fashioned, organiser, talker, leader type in the middle. Dean would fit the bill. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, flash said:

Suspect we’ll be still after 1 or 2. I wouldn’t be surprised if we went back in for Gibson. 

Not convinced about Gibson. Spent almost the entirety of last season injured and a large part of the season before too. We need players who can be available, especially if we’re loaning them.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, flash said:

Suspect we’ll be still after 1 or 2. I wouldn’t be surprised if we went back in for Gibson. 

Gibson looked ideal for that LCB spot when he played. He’d be better off turning down that deal at Everton and dropping into L1 permanently rather than just being sent out on loan until he’s worth enough to make some money on him. 

3 minutes ago, andym1 said:

I might have missed it but has Luongo definitely not resigned then? The last I saw was that post from him questioning the clubs tweet about him rejecting a new deal??

Luongo probably had a deadline to respond to the offer and didn't.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, andym1 said:

I might have missed it but has Luongo definitely not resigned then? The last I saw was that post from him questioning the clubs tweet about him rejecting a new deal??

Luongo may not have technically refused the offer, but he may have gone passed the offers expiry date. 

Ie sign before pre season starts. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, 109Waddle said:

100% agree. Seen a few people name teams without him, the mind boggles.

Not really that hard to understand, if Wilks signs we will have 4 very good strikers and we can rotate the options.  One game Gregory and Windass could start, next game Smith and Wilks.  No one will be complaining if Gregory is in the starting line up come 30th July. But when Smith and Wilks are in the team and scoring for fun I doubt people will say “yeah but Gregory should have started that game”. Actually then again.. 

9 minutes ago, elyowl1 said:

Luongo may not have technically refused the offer, but he may have gone passed the offers expiry date. 

Ie sign before pre season starts. 

Agreed, I think it’s the club who have got fed up of waiting around for him to decide what he wants to do.

Wilks adds a rare bit of flair and skill and will probably compete with Windass for a role in the squad whilst smith and Gregory can play together but also interchangeable.  It will be a challenge to give them all the game time they want but there are a lot of games and it was when one or two were injured last season that we stopped getting points so I assume that is the thinking.

As others have said I could see us bringing in 1/2 more centre halves. I think we might get another striker too as an injury to Gregory or Smith suddenly has us down to only one “focal point” type option. Would be unfair to ask Cademarteri to shoulder the physical burden in the team at his age. 

As an aside if we want to build for the future we could do with one or two younger players of our own at cb,wb, st so whilst they might be back up now we could sign one or two developable players 

2 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Left footed centre back from Braga we are apparantly signing according to a poster on here.  

I really hope not.

Silva is 33 this year and has hardly played since a bad knee injury a couple of years ago.

Can't see him being up to the rigours of a 46 game season in league one.

• Like 1