SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

9 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Yes, I've been thinking I'm in some sort of alternate universe with all this transfer activity and England winning a Test series.

Lets hope this leads to us being strong from the first game and around the top 2 for the whole season.

Hopefully the penny has finally dropped about getting your business done early and a match fit team ready for the first game.

Some work needs to be done on the preseason fixtures though because two games against lower league teams is not going to get the players match sharp.Some

We need a few physical tests to put miles in the legs that will benefit us when the season starts.

Just now, room0035 said:

Lets hope this leads to us being strong from the first game and around the top 2 for the whole season.

Hopefully the penny has finally dropped about getting your business done early and a match fit team ready for the first game.

Some work needs to be done on the preseason fixtures though because two games against lower league teams is not going to get the players match sharp.Some

We need a few physical tests to put miles in the legs that will benefit us when the season starts.

Have to careful with pre-season though. Last year Windass got injured against WBA and hardly played the first half of the season and not much the rest of it.

1 hour ago, DoesJackHunt said:

Why don’t you think Iorfa’s in the plan ? 
Have you heard something or just you’re opinion? 

Just my opinion 

I think moore was taken in by the pace and size like we all were but by now has seen that he’s actually not that good. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Have to careful with pre-season though. Last year Windass got injured against WBA and hardly played the first half of the season and not much the rest of it.

Indeed but match sharpness is needed or we pick up too many strian injuries as last season, if we are playing a 3-5-2 will Wilks immanent, i am struggled to see where Windass fits into the team.

2 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Just my opinion 

I think moore was taken in by the pace and size like we all were but by now has seen that he’s actually not that good. 

Iorfa match fit is the best defensive centre back in the league. 

But he has not been consistently match fit for nearly two season, i suspect match fit he will play most games.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Swfcsi said:

Treatment room normally 

Lets hope not, he can be a game winner i just see him as a attacking central midfielder, and with Bannan, Wilks, Vaulks, Byers, Adeniran, FDB already in there i can see him being used as an impact sub more than starting.

he needs to cement a place in the team but its nice to have options in the squad again. Hopefully we will see very little of Paterson, Brown and Sow if not offload them before the season starts.

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

But he has not been consistently match fit for nearly two season, i suspect match fit he will play most games.

Power, pace, good tackler. Below average in the air. He needs an aerially commanding CB alongside.  If fit and back to his best he should complement the two we've enlisted.  Big if though.

2 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Only cadden link I’ve seen was from a source with something like 1 follower . Is cadden more of a left mid than a left back ? Or a bike a Johnson who’s in between both roles 

He was used primarily as a left midfielder last season.

3 minutes ago, Swfcsi said:

Good question but I think you can not be punished twice for going into admin if it's the same case but could be wrong 

I think its start a new season they can but i may be wrong.

Guest DoesJackHunt
33 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Just my opinion 

I still think a fully fit Iorfa is a very good centre back. If he can get a preseason in him and he can stay fit, I personally see no reason why he couldn’t be our best defender next season. 

31 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Dies anyone know if Derby are still in administration when the season starts will they be docked 12 points again?

I believe that whoever buys them has to agree to pay 25p in every £1 to existing creditors otherwise they get another -12 deduction.

I think this is why some are not willing to meet the terms of purchase.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

You get a points penalty at the time you enter admin. (If late in the season, it might be applied next season).
If you remain in admin at the start of the next season you get another points penalty (not sure how many) IF you were in admin at the start of the previous season. Derby weren’t in admin at start of last season.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

His positioning and anticipation is shocking and with ball at his feet he’s a liability. His pace and power makes up for his mistakes. 

If happily flog him. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3