Ideas to improve football

9 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Fair enough, I just don't like the 'throwing the towel in' type stuff that ultimately would make football worse ie "Wish they'd all F off to the Super League".

I know what you mean, but all the rule changes in recent years have been made to only benefit the 'elite' and make the Prem a closed shop 

FFP

P&S

EPPP

Parachute payments 

5 subs 

The new CL qualifying rules 

My innovative shakeup is less boring, than just finding ways for clubs / players to be paid more, for doing less ...

Which is what clubs are always pushing for 

Edited by camffiti

Serious ones 

Completely overhaul the financial rules within the English game and properly. Even if it meant the top players all played abroad, I'd much rather have a competitive English league system where any club in each division has a decent chance of winning the league, than worrying about how well we perform in European competition, or the quality of the football. Liverpool and Manchester City being arguably the best 2 sides in the world doesn't benefit anybody here apart from their fans.

5 promotions and relegations from each division to help clubs and money flow through the leagues, would also mean you could scrap the playoffs.

Silly ones

A penalty shootout immediately after every league game regardless of the result, winner gets an extra point. Would also help our internationals learn how to take fuucking penalties!

All 92 clubs go into a hat at the end of the season, 2 are drawn out randomly and those clubs swap divisions.

Papa John's Trophy winner gets a Champions League spot.

I'd also remove football from the Olympics and replace it with a 5-a-side football, if you could get the superstars to participate it'd be a great watch.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

Potentially for VAR, again similar to rugby/crickets use of technology. 

Otherwise the mic isn't for me. 

But I'd love to see the respect for refs like in rugby and only captains speaking to refs

i suspect they go hand in hand..  the mic ensures they have respect and talk to them in a civilised manner.

I wouldn't mind trialing Glenn Hoddles idea to have the penalty shootout before hand, for knockout games 

Out more onus on a team to win it in the allocated time. 

Could be great or terrible but wouldn't mind see it trialled to find out which

- Have an "alliance" system, so teams can become allies of other teams, a bit like NATO but better.  It means teams in the same alliance can share assets depending on who the opposition is, for the greater good.  Have alliance points so a win for one is a win for all.

- Have a full-time position of throw-in taker(s), so each team has 11 on the actual pitch.  As it stands now, the team taking the throw in have a man down and so finds it hard to find a free player.

- Have a snakes and ladders type pitch, so the game can be switched ends when least expected.

- Free-kicks should be actually 2 free-kicks, where the opposition side can't touch the ball until the free-kicking team has taken two touches (unless it's a direct shot at goal or wall).

- Referees have to count from 10 backwards before issuing a card, just so they are not too reactionary.

- Bonus points for losing teams if they lose by less than 3.  Bonus points for winning teams if they win by more than 3.

Book players for time wasting.

Book any opposition player that kicks or especially handles the ball when the opposition have a free kick/throw in. There is no reason a ref should let a player pick up the ball and run away from where the decision is made to allow them to waste time and get a better defensive position set.

Ban divers for several games and also fine them. Same for those feigning injury. 

I’m leaning to the opinion of the clock being stopped when the ball isn’t in play as football is almost becoming unwatchable with pathetic antics of time wasting. Some clubs do it from the first minute. It’s just sh*te to watch.

• Like 1

Make referees and officials have to justify their decisions 

we see managers, players and even pundits review and give their verdict on games but officials never come out abs give us their verdict. Whilst I don’t claim it to be easy job in my opinion they are over protected in that they don’t have to come out and justify what can sometimes be viewed as blatant cheating 

maybe if referees got interviewed 30 minutes after a game to review and be able to explain how they come to some awful decisions then not only would they be strudent in making them but we would have more understanding 

thete could be a weekly show like the football league one abs match of the day where experts speak about the performances/ review controversial decisions with the interviews and praise good officials and performances

i also think some rules are daft like only flagging for offside when the player touches the ball or goes through 

why so late putting the flag up, if a player is offside flag it 

the ref can then chose to play on or not 

players could get injured in overstretching or challenging for a ball they don’t need to because they are already off side it baffles me why they play on for this reason

rant over 

Love a chance to rant.

Cups:
League cup - League 1 to Conference teams, winning club gets spot in Championship (all leagues have extra relegation spot depending on which team wins, as final is long before end of season anyway)
FA Cup - All teams join from round 1. No exceptions, no replays, no extra time. Straight to pens. Great to watch a conference team defend for 90 mins against a big club and put them out on pens. Winner gets champions league spot instead of Prem #4
Only Wembley for finals!!!! Location based Semi's

Leagues:
Scrap parachute.
Scrap FFP. 
Spend what you like BUT - Player levels per club - Only 11 players on level 1 salary, only 5 on level 2 salary, 5 on level 3, unlimited on level 4 - Bonuses up to X amount to be shared evenly amongst players. 

VAR - Offsides by feet only, and must be visible gap between players.
Diving - Retrospective 3 match ban if missed during game. Very hard on refs to get this right/wrong in a game, take the pressure off them I think and punish heavily after. Heavy fine for player if resulted in a penalty or something.

FIFA - Electable by season ticket holders of all clubs under their remit, Parliament setup - DREAM ON 😞 

3rd kits are banned. Clubs allowed 2 kits only, with 1 allowed to change per season.

Actually make players take throw ins from where the ball goes out. Does my nut in when a player picks the ball up and walks down the line to a more advanced position to take the throw all whilst the ref is watching them do it.

VAR - shouldn't be used in cup competitions if every team don't have it, not fair if some fixtures use it and some don't either it is in for everyone or it isn't.

Bring back the six second rule for goalkeepers (did this rule ever officially end?) Ridiculous how long some keepers hold on to the ball.

• Like 1