Ideas to improve football

If two sides are drawn in the FA Cup from the same division then an option for the game to be decided on the day without a replay, both clubs would have to agree, a bit like what they do with the FA Trophy. I like replays in general but just feel like one like ours down at Plymouth this season are a needless game.

Clock stops when the ball goes out of play, would stop time wasting.

Remove Under 23 sides from EFL Trophy. It's not doing them any good being in there in my opinion.

Gambling adverts and club partnerships stopped and shirt sponsorships ended.

Get rid of parachute payments.

It will never happen and I guess there are arguments against it but for me hypothetically it would be everyone on a level playing field

Everyone with a fighting chance

Success not.determined by which club has the wealthiest owners 

An end to predictability

Money is the reason I’ve lost a lot of interest in the game . It’s vulgar , 

I long for the 70s and 80s a time that I know will never return

• Like 1

Dunno if it’s been mentioned cos cba to read all through the thread but two points would make the game better. 

Clock stops as ball goes out which seems to be gathering some interest. 

From minute 85 no subs unless head injury or clearly can’t continue I.e hamstring and can’t run. Boils my pee all this subs with 1 minute left. 

1 hour ago, edwinowl said:

From minute 85 no subs unless head injury or clearly can’t continue I.e hamstring and can’t run. Boils my pee all this subs with 1 minute left. 

Wouldn't matter and wouldn't happen so much if the clock was stopped.

It is only used to run the clock down or bring a penalty taker on

contentious i know, but ban away fans....

less trouble in and around stadium

less trouble in towns on match day

policing costs for councils reduced as clubs only pay for policing on their own property

more seats available for home team to fill

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Suggestion 7

sorry this one is late, I’d forgotten it when I posted yesterday.

Another Rugby influenced one. 
When a team is awarded a free kick, if the defence isn’t 10 yards/metres away by the time the kick is taken then the transgression is moved a further 10 yards/metres.

The opposing player stood with their foot on the ball, stopping any advantage of a quickly taken free kick, is one of my major dislikes in football…

…Along with teams taking forever to celebrate goals , but my previous suggestion of stopping the clock deals with this.

- Limit numbers of players any club is allowed to have (any age group)

- Eliminate transfer windows and allow transfers during the season again

- Force BBC to provide the same amount of coverage of all leagues

- Don't allow debts on the club. The owner has to finance everything himself.

- Limit the number of international players and create a rule that one player on the pitch has to be born in the hometown of the club 

Have ex players for refs and assistant refs, they know better than anyone about dives, time wasting etc, make the wages enough for them to take the job, I'm sick of refs and especially assistant refs trying to run up and down the lines most of them are to old/not fit enough to keep up with play and have never played the game, one of the best I ever saw was an ex player I think he used to play for Chesterfield and I remember him laughing at a player who had been tackled and was moaning on the floor, he just shook his head and told him to get up, a lot of todays refs look like they work out and want to be the center of attraction ffs

• Haha 2