Goalkeeper

8 hours ago, Simon1984 said:

Ben foster being released and Alex Smithers from Cardiff being released ,both worth a season on a free ..

Fosters wage demands will be ridiculous for a L1 club. Would like to see us steer clear of that type of signing. 

Have we not learned from the past?

30 minutes ago, parajack said:

76 games under 4 different managers and couldnt make the GK shirt his own and he wont if he comes back,IN MY VIEW but if he does and it doesnt work out it will cost us promotion AGAIN......

WORTH THE GAMBLE?

So in your eyes he doesn't deserve a shot at redemption? 

I don't need to repeat myself on how good his last season was. For me, you gamble every time you bring a player on board, especially at this level. 

BPF made some howlers this season. He also made some Important saves. In my eyes, a confident Dawson could prove himself as good or better than BPF - will we get better by loaning another player? 

So I'm saying that based on recent evidence, we have a keeper that's on form and ready to go. Give the lad another chance, I think he's more than earned it. He needs the fans behind him and a huge welcome back. 

• Like 7

Guest samowl
9 hours ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

He's 26, very young for a keeper and just had chance to go out on loan and develop his game. 

Personally be happy with him as one of the two keepers next season.

Personally thought BPF cost us as many goals as he saved us.  Was poor commanding his area and made some bad mistakes.

You've just wrote Dawson's MO

36 minutes ago, Fablon Dunlop said:

I don't need to repeat myself on how good his last season was. For me, you gamble every time you bring a player on board, especially at this level. 

BPF made some howlers this season. He also made some Important saves. In my eyes, a confident Dawson could prove himself as good or better than BPF - will we get better by loaning another player? 

So I'm saying that based on recent evidence, we have a keeper that's on form and ready to go. Give the lad another chance, I think he's more than earned it. He needs the fans behind him and a huge welcome back. 

Take your blue and white specs off,he isnt 'a lad' he is an experienced Championship Pro GK who has been sent out to Div 4 FOUR because DM didnt fancy him in goal......

DM was the 4th different manager to come to that conclusion & Dawson has 76 games under his belt in his time at S6.....

He isnt in my view 'good enough'....He may well be good enough elsewhere,maybe even good enough to play back in the Championship...but NOT HERE..

'The lad' is a grown man.....not a youngster with his first turn at the shirt....

What is it with our fans that they cant move on?...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, fudge27 said:

Lumley not wanted at Boro

Smithies set to be on a free, still only 32

Blackman set to be released

Matt Ingram available on a free

Some decent keepers who won't cost the earth 

Have you watched Lumley this season?

9 hours ago, Fablon Dunlop said:

When was the last time we saw a confident Dawson at S6?....thats the WHOLE point.....he & some of our other players didnt/couldnt step up to the mark when it MATTERED...

I season in the 4th tier of 4 in English football doesnt change that....

He has to come back,under the full microscope of a packed S6 and produce week in,week out over a season....He hasnt been able to do that in his previous time here,and  he needs to continue his career elsewhere.(as do some others who we have achieved NOTHING with....)

Time to turn a page,and look elsewhere....& he is not 'a lad'.....learning his trade..He is an experienced Pro footballer with 76 appearances for us in the Championship........

Does he now command his area? inspire confidence in the defenders before him?....

There are other options out there,Cameron has enjoyed long secure contracts here,and been WELL rewarded.....I wish him well,but NOT HERE...

I think myself that many of us were relieved not be starting our campaign to return to the Championship with either him OR JW in the nets.....

47 minutes ago, parajack said:

When was the last time we saw a confident Dawson at S6?....thats the WHOLE point.....he & some of our other players didnt/couldnt step up to the mark when it MATTERED...

I season in the 4th tier of 4 in English football doesnt change that....

He has to come back,under the full microscope of a packed S6 and produce week in,week out over a season....He hasnt been able to do that in his previous time here,and  he needs to continue his career elsewhere.(as do some others who we have achieved NOTHING with....)

Time to turn a page,and look elsewhere....& he is not 'a lad'.....learning his trade..He is an experienced Pro footballer with 76 appearances for us in the Championship........

Does he now command his area? inspire confidence in the defenders before him?....

There are other options out there,Cameron has enjoyed long secure contracts here,and been WELL rewarded.....I wish him well,but NOT HERE...

I think myself that many of us were relieved not be starting our campaign to return to the Championship with either him OR JW in the nets.....

“Full microscope of a packed S6” 😂😂

20 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I've watched all Exeter's highlights this year

I have a mate who goes to their home games

He's had a very good season against League 2 opposition

He won the Junior Grecians player of the year

Exeter would like to keep him

Both myself and my Exeter mate think he is probably a league 1 keeper

He's a very good shot stopper, but he stays on his line alot, he doesn't command his area, and he still has spells where he looks shakey

I believe there are better keepers available at the moment, and we will need better to get out of this division

We've just had a season with the same Goalie?.

I think I will be happy with whatever DM decides. If he thinks he is good enough then I will be happy for him to be our No. 1, if not then happy with him getting someone else in.

BPF is probably the worst ball playing keepers we have had. He kicked the ball out on goal kicks more times than Bob Bolder used to.

High up on my list would be Adam Davies. Used to be at us, played 100 games at L1 and around the same at Championship level. Less than a goal a game conceded at L1 and almost a 50% clean sheet rate.

Only 29, already plays in the city so wouldn't need to relocate. Wales international.