Goalkeeper

With BPF going back to Burnley what are peoples thoughts on the kind of keeper we need next.

Personally i think we need 2 new keepers....  but do we go and buy or rely on loan market or freebies.

I'd like someone experienced like Westwood was when he signed...

2 names who are out of contract and worth a punt..   Forster at Southampton and Ruddy at Wolves...  both 30 plus and will want games.. maybe League one is to big a drop though.

• Haha 6

Got to be able to play  out and kick well, its so important these days under a press. I think we will loan a PL development keeper again as the ones in our league and sadly Cameron D wont have those boxes ticked.

• Like 3

Just now, trotter said:

Bazuno, the guy at Portsmouth, on loan from Man City was excellent

He was, think we'll look at another loan signing again and he may be a good shout...although we still scored 4 past him 🤣

What happens with Dawson also a consideration, not sure he'll want to spend a season on the bench and don't think Moore sees him as a starter.

Just now, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Why?

I dont think he is in DM's plans at all... he's a confidence player to and one bad game would set him back months. We need someone who gives the defence confidence too and i dont think he does.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Fablon Dunlop said:

Dawson. Fresh off of an excellent season and full of confidence.

No worst possible think to do we need to sell him 76 games for us,under 4 different managers and not produced

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Rotherham Owl said:

Both club and Dawson have done everything right this year. We sent him out on loan to a club just one division below, he has excelled and been promoted with that club.

Why wouldnt we give him a chance? Has anyone seen him play this year? Sounds as though he has developed (the purpose for the loan) greatly. Hopefully the Club and Dawson can reap the rewards.

I've watched all Exeter's highlights this year

I have a mate who goes to their home games

He's had a very good season against League 2 opposition

He won the Junior Grecians player of the year

Exeter would like to keep him

Both myself and my Exeter mate think he is probably a league 1 keeper

He's a very good shot stopper, but he stays on his line alot, he doesn't command his area, and he still has spells where he looks shakey

I believe there are better keepers available at the moment, and we will need better to get out of this division

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

24 minutes ago, Fablon Dunlop said:

He's just helped Exeter to achieve promotion and was runner up for player of the season. Exeter fans raved about him and the club tried to tie him down permanently.

He's 26 and under contract with us until 2024.

Why would we not have him back as our number 1? 

history and stats say he’s not good enough. Yes he may have improved and the loan done him good however, I feel the weight of expectation playing at hillsborough is far too much for him. 

he had a good season at a L2 club…imagine if we’d signed a player from L2, fans would have a meltdown. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I've watched all Exeter's highlights this year

I have a mate who goes to their home games

He's had a very good season against League 2 opposition

He won the Junior Grecians player of the year

Exeter would like to keep him

Both myself and my Exeter mate think he is probably a league 1 keeper

He's a very good shot stopper, but he stays on his line alot, he doesn't command his area, and he still has spells where he looks shakey

I believe there are better keepers available at the moment, and we will need better to get out of this division

amen to that.