Goalkeeper

10 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

To be fair to Dawson, he's just had a fantastic season albeit in the next division down and I'm sure I saw a player of the year for Exeter. Hell be full of confidence and hopefully matured more and grown as a player. So for me I'd maybe look for a loan in and bring Dawson back into the fold and see how he does going into the season,give the lad anotger chance to show he's improved before writing the lad off just yet 

Not Owlstalk posters you have to worry about is it? He has not been able to convince 4 different managers mate over 76 appearances  it’s their proffession to judge 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, nile said:

All young keepers will make mistakes

experience is key for consistent performances

he’s almost 27 now. Not an 18 year old kid. If he had what it takes to be our number one personally I think he would have shown it by now. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Thanks 1

Every Manager Dawson (and Wildsmith for that matter) has played for has had to drop him pretty quick so that’s Carlos, Lukhay,Bruce, Monk, Pulis and Moore without mentioning the Caretakers. Everyone is desperate for them as local lads to be up to it but they aren’t. Both on money theyll never see elsewhere. The only way Dawson will go to Exeter is if we pay him to go. He’ll not take a pay cut which is fair enough,

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, parajack said:

Not Owlstalk posters you have to worry about is it? He has not been able to convince 4 different managers mate over 76 appearances  it’s their proffession to judge 

I don't think he's a championship gk or higher, same with Wildsmith. 

I do though think he'd be good enough for a season in league 1 (hopefully). 

Then look at getting a better keeper in if we can get promoted as we'd maybe then have a bigger choice of better keepers if we do go up. 

On 18/05/2022 at 21:16, nile said:

All young keepers will make mistakes

experience is key for consistent performances

Calling him young and some referring to him as ‘the lad’ is patronising nonsense Dawson is a very experienced keeper who has played most of his Football in the Championship bar this season in Div 4. I don’t want another Season in L1 and NO risks should be taken NONE