Which Manager to get in

16 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Liam Manning?

At the end of the day, both him and Moore ended up having pretty much the same season. 

Also worth noting that Moore did actually do the double over Manning and deservedly so. 

Manning does look to be a good coach though, but you know full well that plenty of our fans would complain if he was appointed. They still want Big Ron or something. 

23 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

C) still need new blood anyway.

Now compare those to the cost of another failed promotion push and another year in league one.

Agreed, so would rather all available money goes into recruitment rather than gambling on a new manager where there is absolutely no guarantee of promotion. 

Whereas our trajectory under Moore has clearly been heading in the right direction these last few months (form, results, performances etc).

• Like 2

Moore has to be given next season I'm afraid.

If we can start next season in the same form we have finished this one we will go up automatically.

I just hope he has some well thought out recruitment lined up.

We need to strengthen our 3-5-2 formation but also, he really needs to work on his plan B + C approach to games that aren't going our way and recruit for those too...hopefully he also spends the summer working on his own approach to those games because at times his subs are baffling. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Nick the Owl said:

Agreed, so would rather all available money goes into recruitment rather than gambling on a new manager where there is absolutely no guarantee of promotion. 

Whereas our trajectory under Moore has clearly been heading in the right direction these last few months (form, results, performances etc).

But they haven't. We've had a great spell where he couldn't play how he wanted which saved our season.

Then they went right back.

We can't beat a press. And we aren't gwtting promoted till we can.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Great idea. Sack the manager just as his team starts clicking. Get in a new manager. Have a 10th place finish next season whilst he gets his own players in and starts fresh. Sack him too after a 10th place finish. Then what? 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

To say how many people are calling for his head I’ve not seen one decent suggestion from any of them on who could replace him. 

not even with a dedicated thread. 

one person even said we should replace him with nobody 😬🙄

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

Although Moore will be kept on next season, Manning is potentially the next up and coming “Graham potter” manager who is highly rated so would be a good appointment by someone. Probably Blackburn 

QPR according to a very good source.  

IF we were to change the manager. Which I’m not entirely sure we will.

The minimum we need to do is find someone with a recent history of promotion from the league we play in. 

Chansiri very rarely has hired someone with that on their CV. Think only Bruce & Pulis did, but non stuck around. 

2 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Although Moore will be kept on next season, Manning is potentially the next up and coming “Graham potter” manager who is highly rated so would be a good appointment by someone. Probably Blackburn 

We'll end up with the next Harry Potter.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, owl_83 said:

I am fully behind Moore but would like to be humoured. So for those of you who think we should sack Moore, can I ask all of you two questions.

Who should we get as manager?

Do you trust Chansiri to appoint that manager and not appoint a manager from the German third division?

Dyche and no.