Which Manager to get in

3 hours ago, Nick the Owl said:

Not seen one person factor in the cost of;

A) paying off Moore and all his backroom staff

B) paying decent wages to hire/attract new decent manager who will want all new backroom staff

C) backing new manager with funds for players (probably a fair few needed with imminent departures leaving big hole in squad)

Where's all this money coming from exactly considering we have been and remain financially fcked?

How long is Moores contract?

I feel like there's this idea that anyone who doesn't want Moore to stay is throwing their toys out the pram, or hates him for some reason. But when the dust settles on this we need to have to conversation as to whether he is the right man to move us forward.

Personally I don't think he is, but I far from hate the bloke, on the contrary I appreciate all his hard work and efforts this season. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I’d stick with Moore. His last 6 months  certainly deserve him another chance even though I feel we were outthought in the playoffs.

But if we must look at other names…

Dyche would be very ambitious and probably unlikely but history tells us it’s not outrageous - Charlton, Sturrock and Megson all dropped down two divisions to manage us in the third. 

Another name - Tony Mowbray. He’s done great with Hibs, West Brom and Blackburn and okay at Middlesbrough. Didn’t do so well at Celtic but they’re a bit unique. Has got recent experience of getting automatic promotion from this division as well as working with challenging foreign owners.

• Like 1

I would have been saying Moore should have gone if we’d finished outside the play offs. I imagine DC’s season objective for him was promotion, so it is possible he will go. 

Personally, I think he’s done enough to deserve to take the club into next season. If we’re not top 6 and well positioned for automatic by the end of October, he should go. Particularly if our away results haven’t significantly improved (not at expense of home form). 

Who to replace him if DC does pull the trigger. I’d give Roy Keane a call. He wouldn’t have let Alex Neil outmaneuver him last night. I’m confident of that. 

• Like 1

How about Ryan Lowe, up and coming plenty of ambition. But I think DM will be given another season. But he needs to really sort out his tactics and have a plan b+c. The recruitment for next season will be interesting. I know we had some injuries but with the squad we had we should have got promoted.  Some of the displays away from home have been shocking, so that needs to be sorted. You could go on and on. But we have to keep  believing because we are all Wednesday arn't we. Uto

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, paulrs said:

I’d stick with Moore. His last 6 months  certainly deserve him another chance even though I feel we were outthought in the playoffs.

But if we must look at other names…

Dyche would be very ambitious and probably unlikely but history tells us it’s not outrageous - Charlton, Sturrock and Megson all dropped down two divisions to manage us in the third. 

Another name - Tony Mowbray. He’s done great with Hibs, West Brom and Blackburn and okay at Middlesbrough. Didn’t do so well at Celtic but they’re a bit unique. Has got recent experience of getting automatic promotion from this division as well as working with challenging foreign owners.

Tony Mowbray has hardly done great...  averages a 40% win ratio....  thats not great is it!!!!

On 10/05/2022 at 09:46, alanharper said:

Forest, Huddersfield, Sunderland, Blades fans probably said the same after umpteen managerial changes, then they got a decent one. 

And all the fans wanted the manager before.

We have a manger who is respected by his peers and is here to do a proper rebuilding job, which takes longer than the few months some fans think is long enough.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

And all the fans wanted the manager before.

We have a manger who is respected by his peers and is here to do a proper rebuilding job, which takes longer than the few months some fans think is long enough.

He's been here 15 months, not a few.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

He's been here 15 months, not a few.

And he inherited the worst squad since the 1970's, it took 'Sir' Jack 3 YEARS before he sorted the squad out.

Next summer will be the first time in 4 years that we can buy players that we actually want, not go grubbing around the freeby market.

This season has seen us start the road back, let Moore finish what he has started.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

And he inherited the worst squad since the 1970's, it took 'Sir' Jack 3 YEARS before he sorted the squad out.

Next summer will be the first time in 4 years that we can buy players that we actually want, not go grubbing around the freeby market.

This season has seen us start the road back, let Moore finish what he has started.

Not even close to the worse squad since the 1970's! The squad would have stayed in the Championship without the points deduction, even a win at Derby would have kept us up. You really think the likes of Bannan, Luongo, Iorfa, Palmer and Co are worse than than some of the other sides we had with the likes Chris Carr, Kim Olson, Jon Beswetherwick and Brian -bleedin- Barry-Murphy?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/05/2022 at 13:23, Woodyowl450 said:

I feel like there's this idea that anyone who doesn't want Moore to stay is throwing their toys out the pram, or hates him for some reason. But when the dust settles on this we need to have to conversation as to whether he is the right man to move us forward.

Personally I don't think he is, but I far from hate the bloke, on the contrary I appreciate all his hard work and efforts this season. 

We can have as many conversations as you like. We don't get a say.

I think he will definitely be here next year.

14 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

And don't forget Ron Atkinson getting us relegated in 1990, even though we had the likes of Hirst, Palmer, Sheridan, Pearson, Nilsson, Pressman etc. Wonder where we would have been if he'd got the sack then? Just shows how very different attitudes are these days. There's an interesting psychological analysis of society generally in there somewhere. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1