Which Manager to get in

11 hours ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

When Ron Atkinson got us relegated it was some of the best football we’d ever seen and the fan base were completely behind him.

Psychological analysis of society? Sure, nowadays everybody tries to draw completely irrelevant comparisons due to us turning into a society obsessed with whataboutery.  

Comparing Darren Moore to Ron Atkinson is non-sensical. 

I could write a similar paragraph comparing him to Danny Wilson.

But what would be the point in such irrelevant balls?

That is what many Owls were asking on Monday evening. 

12 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

“Brilliant” for the second half of the season?

Some appalling results, some scraped wins, some scrappy draws and ultimate failure.

”Brilliant” is not a word I would have used. 

I'm guessing you've not seen many of the matches? Only been checking the scores on teletext? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, HootHoot said:

We amassed 85 points with a squad made up of freebies and loans.

We spent large parts of the season without a recognised CB in the team. Name me another manager that would've done better with our injury crisis.

What more is there to say?

There’s plenty more to say.

Don’t give me the “freebies & loans” cr*p.  Most of our team were Championship standard and still are. And the combined quality was generally above any of the rest of that league. The associated cost of these “freebies & loans” would have been out of reach of most of the other teams.

Yeah we had injuries, so do other teams. The other week he had two centre backs available & played a winger / wing back in central defence, not only unsettling the defence but wrecking one of the star performer’s previously brilliant form.

As for “what other manager could have done better”. Well perm any one out of about half a dozen minimum. Paul Warne, Liam what’s it at MK, Wigan’s mngr, Ryan Lowe etc etc, horrible tw*t Alex Neill.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, the_vinyl_frontier said:

I'm guessing you've not seen many of the matches? Only been checking the scores on teletext? 

Well you guessed wrong you patronising fuc**r.

I would suggest having a season ticket since Len Ashurst was manager and having 800 priority points proves differently.

I’ve seen the matches with my own eyes. I saw us surrender to Gillingham away. I saw us surrender to Plymouth away, I saw us whimper to defeat to Wycombe away, Sunderland 5-0!!  Out of ten games at random Excepting MK Dons, i think we scraped a draw and lost the others. We’re you there? Or were you mistakenly looking at Man City’s scores on teletext (fuc*in teletext) 🤣 😂 by mistake?

I won’t even start on the home points we threw away by either not turning up not seeing games out, or scraping wins against bottom of the league teams who hadn’t won in 13 games.

People lauding our achievement. What achievement? 

I can imagine in 10 years time. People still discussing the unbridled achievement of getting 85 points in League one.

Maybe go the whole hog & do a United and get a trophy made. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Don’t give me the “freebies & loans” cr*p.  Most of our team were Championship standard and still are. And the combined quality was generally above any of the rest of that league. The associated cost of these “freebies & loans” would have been out of reach of most of the other teams.

Yeah we had injuries, so do other teams. The other week he had two centre backs available & played a winger / wing back in central defence, not only unsettling the defence but wrecking one of the star performer’s previously brilliant form.

As for “what other manager could have done better”. Well perm any one out of about half a dozen minimum. Paul Warne, Liam what’s it at MK, Wigan’s mngr, Ryan Lowe etc etc, horrible tw*t Alex Neill.

Did you watch the two games against Sunderland? What makes you think we’ve got better quality players than them?

Would you take Batth, Pritchard, Roberts, Clarke and Stewart at Wednesday?

Pritchard and Clarke have both been transferred for over £10m in their career. Who’s gone for anywhere near that in our squad?

Some Wednesday fans are delusional about how good our squad is. Whether he’s here or not next year we’ll see but personally I think Moore did a very good job to get 85 points from that squad. 

There are better quality managers than Moore out there but I wouldn’t back DC to hire one with his track record of hiring managers. If he sacked Moore we’d probably just start the season with Thompson in charge 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I know,get Darren Moore in....

Oh hang on we already have him...

Why not get behind him and the squad and the club and all push in same direction....

Maybe part blame of not succeeding this season to much negativity and moaning from repeating  boring fans...Jog on or shut up get down Lane with other muppets....WAWAW=together...

UTO.....

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

Did you watch the two games against Sunderland? What makes you think we’ve got better quality players than them?

Would you take Batth, Pritchard, Roberts, Clarke and Stewart at Wednesday?

Pritchard and Clarke have both been transferred for over £10m in their career. Who’s gone for anywhere near that in our squad?

Some Wednesday fans are delusional about how good our squad is. Whether he’s here or not next year we’ll see but personally I think Moore did a very good job to get 85 points from that squad. 

There are better quality managers than Moore out there but I wouldn’t back DC to hire one with his track record of hiring managers. If he sacked Moore we’d probably just start the season with Thompson in charge 

You got it all wrong m8,apparently we have the best squad by far in this division and anyone could have got us promoted even 50%of armchair managers on here...

UTO....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigthinrob said:

Let's see how many of these "championship" standard players move to a championship club in the summer then shall we? They're playing in L1 for a reason. They were free for a reason...

Again, we know nothing about the costs of these players so that's nothing more than speculation. 

And there's no evidence to suggest ANY of those managers would have worked through our injury crisis. They've done well with their clubs but it's subjective.

If Sunderland don't go up then will Alex Neil have failed and deserve to be sacked? Darren Moore beat Liam Manning on two occasions. Wouldn't that make him a better manager? 

And as for Johnson at CB, many were criticising the decision to play Dunkley. He explained why he wanted Johnson there and that was so we'd have a ball playing CB who could run out with the ball. Pretty sure we won that game too of you're referring to the Crewe match.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Moores not the man.

Plenty of evidence this season to support that.

He will not promote this club.

Waste another season by all means if it makes it easier for you to accept that though.

Then admit you were wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Moores not the man.

He will not promote this club.

Waste another season by all means if it makes it easier for you to accept that though.

Then admit you were wrong.

Your location says it all   image.png.7a13f36afa7c0b0d1763569816f707d2.png

30 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Moores not the man.

Agree with some of that, some very very poor teams have done us.

Not entirely sure if players or Moore foooked up several times.

Bit of both maybe...whatever Moore carries the can.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Ridiculous , in fact disgusting, comments.

Agreed - classic 'my pot is always half empty' comment, obviously not understanding what it takes to run a business.  We've had many great moments this last season, but no divine right to get promotion.  It will happen if everyone actually supports, like we used to do years ago, and just moaned into a pint on a Saturday night then moved on

• Like 1

6 hours ago, billyblack said:

How about just sticking with the one we have

Outrageous suggestion.

Much more fun to start again to appease a vocal minority on here.

• Love 1

3 hours ago, HootHoot said:

Let's see how many of these "championship" standard players move to a championship club in the summer then shall we? They're playing in L1 for a reason. They were free for a reason...

Again, we know nothing about the costs of these players so that's nothing more than speculation. 

And there's no evidence to suggest ANY of those managers would have worked through our injury crisis. They've done well with their clubs but it's subjective.

If Sunderland don't go up then will Alex Neil have failed and deserve to be sacked? Darren Moore beat Liam Manning on two occasions. Wouldn't that make him a better manager? 

And as for Johnson at CB, many were criticising the decision to play Dunkley. He explained why he wanted Johnson there and that was so we'd have a ball playing CB who could run out with the ball. Pretty sure we won that game too of you're referring to the Crewe match.

The reason they’re playing in league one is because of WHO they’re playing for.

A number of them have said the only reason they dropped a league because it was us.

I would not hold up Crewe as a beacon of what we have attained because that was an awful show against a team that someone on here described as the worst he’d seen at S6 & we just about scraped through. 

Also - a lot of our "Championship" players are probably past their best at that level.

Some would still cut it, but I doubt that most, if any, would be playing for sides pushing the top 6 these days.

• Like 1