Which Manager to get in

4 hours ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

I know,get Darren Moore in....

Oh hang on we already have him...

Why not get behind him and the squad and the club and all push in same direction....

Maybe part blame of not succeeding this season to much negativity and moaning from repeating  boring fans...Jog on or shut up get down Lane with other muppets....WAWAW=together...

UTO.....

What a load of default ‘get darn t lane’ boll*cks. 

Jog on 🤣 Who are you, fuc*in Millwall!

As for negativity, the fans have been very very patient in the face of some horrendous results and it would have been strange if questions and discussions about line ups & weird substitutions hadn’t been discussed. 

Maybe ANYONE who questioned one single decision is totally negative and should ‘get darn t lane’!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, hangonrose said:

Agreed - classic 'my pot is always half empty' comment, obviously not understanding what it takes to run a business.  We've had many great moments this last season, but no divine right to get promotion.  It will happen if everyone actually supports, like we used to do years ago, and just moaned into a pint on a Saturday night then moved on

Once again I’ll say it!   You patronising fuc*er.

How do you know what I do, what I know and “ not understanding what it takes”.

It’s the typical response to an alternative argument, that because they don’t agree with you, they are automatically wrong and somehow don’t understand.  It’s the Islington chattering classes argument re Brexit, that the thick Northerners were too thick to understand and they OBVIOUSLY knew better. 

I have always been of the ‘ glass half full variety’ not the other way round, but I was led to believe that if DM didn’t get us promoted, there would be decisions to be made about his suitability. 

This seems to have totally evaporated among certain posters, who seem to think a civic reception and open top bus should be ordered for getting the magic 85 points.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, SiJ said:

Can someone also point me to Ryan Lowe's promotion from League One please? 

Ta.

It's amazing how often criteria are drawn up for what our manager ought to have previously achieved (perhaps sometimes with the aim of disqualifying the present incumbent as a priority) only for most suggestions to replace him failing to meet them also. You'd be forgiven for thinking it's more like a petulant and spiteful outburst to 'punish' the man they want to carry the can rather than any kind of considered, logical process.

• Like 1

Guest Jack the Hat
4 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

Once again I’ll say it!   You patronising fuc*er.

How do you know what I do, what I know and “ not understanding what it takes”.

It’s the typical response to an alternative argument, that because they don’t agree with you, they are automatically wrong and somehow don’t understand.  It’s the Islington chattering classes argument re Brexit, that the thick Northerners were too thick to understand and they OBVIOUSLY knew better. 

I have always been of the ‘ glass half full variety’ not the other way round, but I was led to believe that if DM didn’t get us promoted, there would be decisions to be made about his suitability. 

This seems to have totally evaporated among certain posters, who seem to think a civic reception and open top bus should be ordered for getting the magic 85 points.

All true

2 hours ago, Carl Shutt is God said:

I keep seeing the fact most of our team is full of championship standard players.

I'm interested to know which players in our squad are actually championship standard.

Quite.

I think some people (not naming names) confuse the fact that because some were good Championship players that they are still at that level.

If they were all that good, then you'd think most would have found Championship sides. Yes, we are a *big* club and offer a decent wage but still.

Bannan could still cut it despite his age, but I don't think many, if any, are playing for one of the better Champ sides atm tbh.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

The reason they’re playing in league one is because of WHO they’re playing for.

A number of them have said the only reason they dropped a league because it was us.

I would not hold up Crewe as a beacon of what we have attained because that was an awful show against a team that someone on here described as the worst he’d seen at S6 & we just about scraped through. 

Well they're hardly gonna come out and say "well actually, nobody else came in for me so how could I say no?"

Pretty sure every player who signs gives the same stuff about how it's a big club etc etc. It's just player talk, nothing more.

A lot of them also said they came for Moore but you don't want to have that conversation. 

I won't specifically hold up Crewe but that result contributed to our 85 points that we got. Can't complain at that really. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Carl Shutt is God said:

I keep seeing the fact most of our team is full of championship standard players.

I'm interested to know which players in our squad are actually championship standard.

My take on this is how we said out wasters last season were done and would be playing for league 1 and below teams, and yet I'm certain 90% if not more got championship contracts, including the hapless oddjob 

Our 2 centre halves had played for championship teams that same season. Etc etc, I can't be bothered to go through this for the hundredth time

I stated that I dint trust Moore tactically or team selection, but if he is still at the helm at the start of the season so be it, I will support him and the club. Though if we see some of the bizarre decisions as above, when he's had another preseason and buys players that are no good formation wise again, you can't surely defend him anymore.

If we are getting better players, do posters think we will be buying current first teamers from the top 6 of the championship, as above storey and Dean were midtable championship 21/22 championship players from August to December

Edited by MBMitchell
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

As for negativity, the fans have been very very patient in the face of some horrendous results and it would have been strange if questions and discussions about line ups & weird substitutions hadn’t been discussed. 

Maybe ANYONE who questioned one single decision is totally negative and should ‘get darn t lane’!

He does have a point sometimes the negative fans are the problem they bring an air of despondency with them.  They don't bring anything to the table just moan, moan moan.  They might be better suited at the Lane.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

Lol....

Aren't you aggressive you fackin Millwall too?

Just fed up of moaning about owt,constant everything Moore does,even the side he picked for home leg,people actually moaning that he put Hunt and Windass in..Why don't we all try to just push im same direction??and get out of this division.

Like I said in another thread,we haven't got the best team/squad in the division never had,yes we've had injuries and I thought we would finish in top ten.So 4th was a good effort.Outplayed by a better team over 2 legs.

But NO sack him sack Moore!!seriously bored of it m8.I know it's a forum but,it's just every week,every game.

Good luck in playoffs pal at lane,and how's Rowett doing?

LOL

UTO....WAWAW....

• Love 1

Darren Moore has more than earned another crack at L1 BUT he's got to get it right this time after setting the bar pretty high, 85 Pts and 4th place will be a tall order to better but by close season I would expect everything to be in place for a crack at automatic promotion, of course these are the thoughts of a fan with blue tinted specs on and knowing The Wednesday way we'll  have lost our first 10 games and will be managerless by Christmas.

You know I'm right......🤓

On 10/05/2022 at 10:11, darra said:

Persuade Warnock to come out of retirement 🙂

People laugh,he was offered the job once by Milan,according to the man himself on radio Sheffield.....would be a great appointment if it came off......Look past the the emotion and look how many Promotions he has on his CV....

I wish DM all the best next season,and hope he has the budget to recruit well in the close season....but we MUST come out as the fancied team next Year,and get and REMAIN in the automatic positions for promotion....If we are not going like a train and sat at the top looking down at others after 10 games,..........................He should go...

Harsh? not really this season in my view was our best chance to go straight back(before you disagree,wait until the POF) Why? beause i wonder how you will feel if WW go back up with Rotherham?

11 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

He does have a point sometimes the negative fans are the problem they bring an air of despondency with them.  They don't bring anything to the table just moan, moan moan.  They might be better suited at the Lane.

Dont recall ANY COMMENTS on here that have scored a goal at S6 or let one in for that matter.....its just different fans opinions......without it you wouldnt have a Forum,but an 'echo chamber' of verbal mutual masturbation......

Everyone agreeing & embarking on an ever increasing spiral of complacency.....eg Fans assuming the play offs were a 'formality' and talk,early talk,of booking London Hotels for 'Wembley'...

There are a few 'crackpots' on here,but most people who feel we havnt done as well as we should have this season,offer a reasonable critique of their views......

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, parajack said:

Dont recall ANY COMMENTS on here that have scored a goal at S6 or let one in for that matter.....its just different fans opinions......without it you wouldnt have a Forum,but an 'echo chamber' of verbal mutual masturbation......

Everyone agreeing & embarking on an ever increasing spiral of complacency.....eg Fans assuming the play offs were a 'formality' and talk,early talk,of booking London Hotels for 'Wembley'...

There are a few 'crackpots' on here,but most people who feel we havnt done as well as we should have this season,offer a reasonable critique of their views......

There is a difference between constructive criticism with a healthy dollop of meaningful debate and moaning for the sake it.  

• Like 3