Which Manager to get in

12 minutes ago, Rotherham Owl said:

We can have as many conversations as you like. We don't get a say.

I think he will definitely be here next year. 

Oh really?  it was my understanding that chansiri pops on here once a season to see what we all thought.

my point is that there should be an open forum where people aren't berating each other either way.   

7 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

And don't forget Ron Atkinson getting us relegated in 1990, even though we had the likes of Hirst, Palmer, Sheridan, Pearson, Nilsson, Pressman etc. Wonder where we would have been if he'd got the sack then? Just shows how very different attitudes are these days. There's an interesting psychological analysis of society generally in there somewhere. 

When Ron Atkinson got us relegated it was some of the best football we’d ever seen and the fan base were completely behind him.

Psychological analysis of society? Sure, nowadays everybody tries to draw completely irrelevant comparisons due to us turning into a society obsessed with whataboutery.  

Comparing Darren Moore to Ron Atkinson is non-sensical. 

I could write a similar paragraph comparing him to Danny Wilson.

But what would be the point in such irrelevant balls?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/05/2022 at 09:46, alanharper said:

Forest, Huddersfield, Sunderland, Blades fans probably said the same after umpteen managerial changes, then they got a decent one. 

Of those four clubs, currently three of them are still in the same division they were in at the time of the manager's appointment (presumably you're talking about Wilder for Utd), and it's still possible they will continue to be there next year, just like us.

4 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

Of those four clubs, currently three of them are still in the same division they were in at the time of the manager's appointment (presumably you're talking about Wilder for Utd), and it's still possible they will continue to be there next year, just like us.

Well, for 2 of the first 3 they defo will..... They will have had a manager who who organised the team, with slowly improving results until they finished in the playoff places...... Sounds familiar

Manning at MK Dons. I understand we beat them narrowly twice but, in my opinion, he did a much better job that Moore with the players at their respective disposal.

Karl Robinson, his Charlton stint aside, had built good sides with in L1 with MK Dons & Oxford. Again with relatively limited resources compared to Moore. 

On 10/05/2022 at 09:06, owl_83 said:

I am fully behind Moore but would like to be humoured. So for those of you who think we should sack Moore, can I ask all of you two questions.

Who should we get as manager?

Do you trust Chansiri to appoint that manager and not appoint a manager from the German third division?

Try Rampton they'll humour you there

On 10/05/2022 at 09:06, owl_83 said:

I am fully behind Moore but would like to be humoured. So for those of you who think we should sack Moore, can I ask all of you two questions.

Who should we get as manager?

Do you trust Chansiri to appoint that manager and not appoint a manager from the German third division?

We have a good manager.  I'm sure he'll review the playing strengths of the squad for next season, after all we went so close this season, and it's a slight readjustment that's needed to go all the way

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, WUGGAMONKEY1 said:

Manning at MK Dons. I understand we beat them narrowly twice but, in my opinion, he did a much better job that Moore with the players at their respective disposal.

Karl Robinson, his Charlton stint aside, had built good sides with in L1 with MK Dons & Oxford. Again with relatively limited resources compared to Moore. 

Neither have won promotion from League One so what would it achieve? Surely, anybody who thought it was right to get rid of DM would expect someone with a track record of promotion from this league to replace him?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

When Ron Atkinson got us relegated it was some of the best football we’d ever seen and the fan base were completely behind him.

Psychological analysis of society? Sure, nowadays everybody tries to draw completely irrelevant comparisons due to us turning into a society obsessed with whataboutery.  

Comparing Darren Moore to Ron Atkinson is non-sensical. 

I could write a similar paragraph comparing him to Danny Wilson.

But what would be the point in such irrelevant balls?

image.png.c3478eb392dcec6112da0ddee3d1a205.png

• Like 1

On 10/05/2022 at 09:46, alanharper said:

Forest, Huddersfield, Sunderland, Blades fans probably said the same after umpteen managerial changes, then they got a decent one. 

Sunderland finished below us in the league,so that's maybe not the best example.   And they aren't up yet.  

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Owlmanac said:

Neither have won promotion from League One so what would it achieve? Surely, anybody who thought it was right to get rid of DM would expect someone with a track record of promotion from this league to replace him?

Karl Robinson has, with MK Dons.