2021 Accounts

10 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

It’d be interesting to see what those losses would’ve been had he not taken us backwards as a club since his arrival.

The club weren’t making these losses under Milan Mandaric and we were a division higher.

The milanmandarics are not a long-term solution. They are only looking to buy a distressed club cheap, lose the fat, then sell high and are not committed to anything more than that.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, FinnishOwl said:

The milanmandarics are not a long-term solution. They are only looking to buy a distressed club cheap, lose the fat, then sell high and are not committed to anything more than that.

I’m not going to argue with you there. Just pointing out that inspite of what you’ve pointed out, Dejphon Chansiri has taken us backwards as a club from when he took it over from Milan Mandaric.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, owls-swfc said:

With regard to future accounting period... 

What's the craic with any potential Wembley revenues? 

Is it still the case a "gentleman's" agreement exists, whereby the loosing team keep all gate receipts (after Wembley hire deductions) .. Or is that a myth? 

Notwithstanding the above,. Is there any payment from EFL for final place standings in this Leauge? 

#everylittlehelps

Unless you're Hull, then you take your cut and don't honour the gentleman's agreement. Even more galling considering we made up more than half the crowd takings. 

3 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I’m not going to argue with you there. Just pointing out that inspite of what you’ve pointed out, Dejphon Chansiri has taken us backwards as a club from when he took it over from Milan Mandaric.

Yes, that is true. It would be interesting to know how things would have been if we ever had been promoted. That's when the plans really fell apart and we've been drifting ever since.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheSlicer said:

Well I’ve read this thread and I’m honestly more confused than what I was before. 

thanks, owlstalkers. 

This always happens until MK shows up and explains it with crayons for everyone

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Quickly Kevin said:

I imagine there will be some sort of grace on Covid losses.

The reality is the madness of the first few years is still costing money but we are heading in the right direction.

The reality is the madness of this being the only industry in the world where company owners cannot invest their own capital in to their company, to help achieve growth and expansion, whilst attempting to compete against an unjust system of paying clubs failure payments when relegated from the cash cow that is the EPL. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Energy and carbon report

The Club employed a consultant to carry out an energy assessment in May 2019 which gave recommendations as to how it could reduce its annual energy consumption.

A number of recommendations were identified and the Club is looking to implement these over the next couple of years and has to date started an ongoing programme of replacing lighting with LED lamps and sensor lights. Monitoring the temperature at which the under soil pitch heating is used to reduce gas consumption, replacing taps to automatically cut off in the toilets around the stadium.

A new undersoil heating boiler was installed during Autumn 2021 with a more fuel-efficient model.

New LED floodlights are planned to be installed by the start of the 2022-23 season which will reduce electricity consumption of the floodlights by 80%.

Matchday radios are all turned off between matches and all kiosks on the concourses are powered down after each match, including till systems and refrigeration. Installed plumbed in water taps to reduce single use plastics and an electronic vehicle charging point at the training ground.

All waste disposal is separately sorted for the ease of recycling glass, plastic glasses and bottles, paper and cardboard, food waste and general waste.

An annual electric equipment disposal is undertaken to achieve efficient recycling. Waste cooking Oil is collected for recycling.

Beer lines are cleaned and put on air to save water consumption as this saves rinsing the lines twice which also helps save on waste.

Stadium pitch irrigation requirements are measured by electronic moisture probes and the watering is controlled by computer with moisture readings taken daily.

This is good stuff too

I installed L. E. D Lighting on a large holiday complex in Turkey and the figures are correct, there is huge savings to be made

21 minutes ago, FinnishOwl said:

Yes, that is true. It would be interesting to know how things would have been if we ever had been promoted. That's when the plans really fell apart and we've been drifting ever since.

We would have been in a position to compete financially in the Premiership, we would be a yoyo club 

I’ve slagged dc off and rightfully so after the pantomime antics of our last few seasons, but we have to thankful that he has kept us afloat if only just? Before covid19 the last time we spent any kind of decent transfer fee I believe was loungo which was 3 yrs ago? Since then been frees and loans so you would have thought after the rolling yrs of allowed losses we’d be ok to spend again? Basically back to where we were under Milan? Especially if we get promoted? Let’s hope dc learnt his lessons and we are more prudent with our ( wotever it may be ) spending! Other clubs such as Luton and Coventry have come up from league one and been very competitive with smaller budgets? Be nice to know we can actually compete financially for specific targets that would improve our team and that’s the golden target 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Even the Paragon's of virtue that are Middlesbrough lost c £27m in that year.  Bristol city lost £34m, Forrest £15m AFTER making £14m profit on player sales, Stoke lost £50m+...

Even the Clubs with smaller budgets like Preston lost nearly £14m.

2021 was a disaster 

Forest lost £35 million, did nice accouting by the owner transferring nearly 20 million into new share equity and debt write off. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Unfortunatley clubs need both the cash and the acumen. We got the former only. But remains to be seen if lessons are learnt, but I think we will see a younger team recruited in the summer 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, akbuk said:

I installed L. E. D Lighting on a large holiday complex in Turkey and the figures are correct, there is huge savings to be made

That's good to hear

Makes sense to go down this route

Glad the club are doing this!

Owlstalk Shop

33 minutes ago, TheSlicer said:

Well I’ve read this thread and I’m honestly more confused than what I was before. 

thanks, owlstalkers. 

Accounts have been published

They've told us what we pretty much already assumed given that it was the time of lockdown and fans not allowed to go to games etc

Lots of positives in the accounts though 
They were filed and reported and published on time too

All good

Let's not worry

Let's just crack on and get promoted now

• Like 6

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, owls-swfc said:

With regard to future accounting period... 

What's the craic with any potential Wembley revenues? 

Is it still the case a "gentleman's" agreement exists, whereby the loosing team keep all gate receipts (after Wembley hire deductions) .. Or is that a myth?

Not sure if this is myth or gentlemen's agreement but I'm pretty sure it only applies to the Championship play-off

due to the mega-millions reward of promotion to the Premier league for the successful club.

7 minutes ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Not sure if this is myth or gentlemen's agreement but I'm pretty sure it only applies to the Championship play-off

due to the mega-millions reward of promotion to the Premier league for the successful club.

Good point

4 hours ago, East Yorks Owl said:

The words scary and depressing come to mind. It beats me why an sane business person would take a punt at owning a football club. 

With a ‘group’of sister company’s a huge loss from one can be offset against huge profits from the others for tax purposes not always as straight forward as it looks