2021 Accounts

4 minutes ago, alanharper said:

How and why would it be "put in" our accounts?

It just means that the EFL are saying permitted losses for the 3 year period will be around £51.5m instead of the current £39m. We can't be far off that anyway, with a £49m loss in the last 2 years, only the dodgy ground sale kept us from losing millions in the year before that.

Total losses for 3 years around £50m that's before any covid add backs and any other FFP allowable add backs so we're fine from any FFP points of view.

1 hour ago, Animis said:

I'm assuming the revenue impact of COVID will be taken into consideration for FFP for this and the next accountancy period?

Wouldn't assume anything re EFL and sense of fairness.

The whole FFP business alongside teams with lofty parachute payments illustrates that.

In order to save power during night matches each seat will be replaced by a cycle so that every supporter has to pedal like fury to keep the lights on. 

If we are losing then there will be a mysterious power out until the game is abandoned. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

With regard to future accounting period... 

What's the craic with any potential Wembley revenues? 

Is it still the case a "gentleman's" agreement exists, whereby the loosing team keep all gate receipts (after Wembley hire deductions) .. Or is that a myth? 

Notwithstanding the above,. Is there any payment from EFL for final place standings in this Leauge? 

#everylittlehelps

2 minutes ago, owls-swfc said:

With regard to future accounting period... 

What's the craic with any potential Wembley revenues? 

Is it still the case a "gentleman's" agreement exists, whereby the loosing team keep all gate receipts (after Wembley hire deductions) .. Or is that a myth? 

Notwithstanding the above,. Is there any payment from EFL for final place standings in this Leauge? 

#everylittlehelps

The EFL payments based on finishing places in league 1 are like 57 quid a place, and a bag of crisps of varying quality depending on finishing position.

Covid clearly had a huge impact but even without it we're still in a situation where the club loses money year on year and needs Chansiri to bankroll us. Far from uncommon but save from getting promoted to the Premier League in the next couple of years or getting a huge transfer fee from somewhere we really need long-term thinking to address this and somehow move towards profitability. 

I'm not sure what the answer is but the sums of money that re involved leave me very worried about the future of the club and whereas short-term success helps, it seems that getting proper sustainable plans in place for the next 5-10 years is actually more important in the grand scheme of things than the result against Sunderland in the play-offs.  

• Like 2

Guest FoxOwl12

Thank goodness we've had Chansiri propping up the club. Perhaps the Chansiri haters will now keep their mouths shut. Though I very much doubt it. Thickos.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Glad to get them out of the way

Whilst not great - they're also along the same lines as every other club

Let's crack on now and get promoted!

"along the same lines as every other club"? Is that really so? Would appreciate a few examples from clubs of our size at our level if that's possible. 

5 minutes ago, FoxOwl12 said:

Thank goodness we've had Chansiri propping up the club. Perhaps the Chansiri haters will now keep their mouths shut. Though I very much doubt it. Thickos.

In fairness he's not got an unblemished record mate

I'd reign it in calling people thickos etc

• Like 7

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, Minton said:

We're going to have a windfall next season with the accounts, potentially up to £12.5m to be claimed back.

Screenshot_20220503-113712_Chrome.thumb.jpg.51d6d03362eb46ee4422c3fac0222ee5.jpg

Interesting. I don’t think we can be punished for any of the losses they already docked points on. Not sure what league one losses are or how they couldn’t but assuming we add 25m to any outstanding championship seasons and minus -12m leeway we might just sneak under if we come back up. They can’t do much if we are already in league one 😂.

I remember it was widely assumed once docked points that further breached were unlikely moving forward.

Still though a 25m loss only really as a result of a paper transfer of funds for a stadium (40m in reality?) no wonder we were late paying wages! I’m surprised we didn’t go under and thankful we have been competing this season. I wonder what happens if we don’t go up. 

12 minutes ago, FoxOwl12 said:

I won’t thank him for the points deductions and the bad business calls. But compared to Derby and Mel Morris we are fortunate he has not let that happen here. At least not yet. Go up this season and we could be in a healthier position again if we don’t make the same decisions.

Im surprised the championship didn’t just fold during the pandemic when you see how much so many owners have had to find to bridge the gap.

• Like 3

Guest Mcguigan
16 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Yeah imagine being a “thicko” and complaining about a chairman who sells our stadium, has us placed under numerous transfer embargo’s and gives the club its first ever points deduction that resulted in us being relegated. :ghoulguy:

And has covered around £150m losses.

Hardly a shock. 

Not great and you think of all the nonsense we've done in the last few years with stadium sales and what not. 

Could be worse, could be Derby :duntmatter:

3 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

It’d be interesting to see what those losses would’ve been had he not taken us backwards as a club since his arrival.

The club weren’t making these losses under Milan Mandaric and we were a division higher.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

It's a business - he has to otherwise the business goes under

Every other business has had to do the same

It's also an investment - which if we are successful he'll get back and then some

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop