2021 Accounts

If you take Covid out of the equation our losses would have been around £16m then - must be the best (or least worst) set of results in what, 7 years?

Would expect this years accounts to look stellar in comparison as attendances have held up to pre-covid levels despite being in league one plus we’ve jettisoned all the super high earners (BB apart) and we’ll have the financial boost of the play-offs to add on.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Animis said:

In comparison, Stoke City posted a loss of nearly £56m in the 12 months up to the end of March last year.

They've got to be in serious trouble with FFP. There parachute payments must be long gone?

11 minutes ago, paulrs said:

If you take Covid out of the equation our losses would have been around £16m then - must be the best (or least worst) set of results in what, 7 years?

From my admittedly untrained eye, its actually the opposite because although turnover was down £9m, cost of sales was down £11m......it seems the more we sell, the more we lose so covid has helped us....happy to be corrected.

The biggest difference from these accounts to the previous years would seem to be a circa £6m drop in transfer fees received......I think the previous accounts included the Bruce payoff

57 minutes ago, sage owl said:

Could one of the resident experts summarise for us laymen please. 

At a quick uneducated glance it doesn’t look good..

Not good but not as bad as it looks. 

This was the major year effected by covid, so lost basically all income other that TV rights and ifollow income.

Would imagine at least £10m to add back to that loss for FFP purposes.

From cashflow can see DC has paid £15m in the year re the stadium purchase. But also funded the losses by some additional borrowing.

Tax creditor quite high.

But wages down significantly and likely an average result for championship clubs 2021 accounting year ends.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ian said:

From my admittedly untrained eye, its actually the opposite because although turnover was down £9m, cost of sales was down £11m......it seems the more we sell, the more we lose so covid has helped us....happy to be corrected.

The biggest difference from these accounts to the previous years would seem to be a circa £6m drop in transfer fees received......I think the previous accounts included the Bruce payoff

Also the previous accounts had the sale of Joao to Reading as well.

2 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Not good but not as bad as it looks. 

This was the major year effected by covid, so lost basically all income other that TV rights and ifollow income.

Would imagine at least £10m to add back to that loss for FFP purposes.

From cashflow can see DC has paid £15m in the year re the stadium purchase. But also funded the losses by some additional borrowing.

Tax creditor quite high.

But wages down significantly and likely an average result for championship clubs 2021 accounting year ends.

Covid made us £2m

5 minutes ago, Ian said:

No covid not helped us one bit.  Lost around c9m in income due to covid.

Cost of sales is nearly all players wage costs which was same behind closed doors or with crowd's.

Agree probably a c£15m loss excluding covid effect.

Positive is wages coming down.

This year's figures should show a big drop in losses. Only Bannan left of the Megabucks players and income from gate receipts , hospitality, food , drink,. megastore match day sales (even if much of it is tat ). What we need is to generate money now by actually getting fees for home grown talent rather than letting young  players walk out of the door for nothing as has been the norm for the last 10 years.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, alanharper said:

It's extra leeway with FFP/P&S permitted losses, not a £12.5m windfall!

Which (I'm assuming, admittedly) will all be put in the 2021/22 accounts, allowing us to spend (up to) £12.5m on whatever we like, without incurring p&s penalties. 

1 minute ago, Minton said:

Which (I'm assuming, admittedly) will all be put in the 2021/22 accounts, allowing us to spend (up to) £12.5m on whatever we like, without incurring p&s penalties. 

How and why would it be "put in" our accounts?

It just means that the EFL are saying permitted losses for the 3 year period will be around £51.5m instead of the current £39m. We can't be far off that anyway, with a £49m loss in the last 2 years, only the dodgy ground sale kept us from losing millions in the year before that.

• Like 1

Guest mrbluesky
21 minutes ago, Minton said:

We're going to have a windfall next season with the accounts, potentially up to £12.5m to be claimed back.

Screenshot_20220503-113712_Chrome.thumb.jpg.51d6d03362eb46ee4422c3fac0222ee5.jpg

DC has already spent it, he's not err daft, you know