2021 Accounts

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

Be interesting to see how many clubs end up falling foul of FFP in the next season or so. 

Particularly some of these sides in the Championship. 

Who knows, perhaps you will have half the division starting on minus whatever in a few seasons...

When it looks like affecting a majority of clubs and/or Middlesbrough.  The rules will be changed.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Guest Mcguigan
3 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Indeed, and then he let the vast majority of these big signings run down their contracts and leave for free.

How many of these big signings did we get genuine offers for?

How many of these big signings would the fan base have been happy us selling?

Players on huge wages in their respective divisions are always difficult to move on, especially if we are wanting a fee as well as wages off the books.

Selling a player makes little sense for FFP purposes unless it’s far more than what we purchased them for. How many of our players would that have applied to?

Edited by Mcguigan

12 hours ago, Bez said:

My company did this 

fizz off Bez 

Also, food business to be in currently, that and renewables. Isn't the forest green rovers owner that's all a about  suitable and eco friendly club?

1 hour ago, Mcguigan said:

In fairness you wouldn’t know if we did receive offers for players or not. We do however know of bids for Reach, Rhodes and Forestieri.

As for your comment on fans, if a chairman allows fans to dictate transfer policy then he really is in trouble.

Which reminds me, didn’t Chansiri say he blew £8m on Rhodes because the fans wanted him to sign him (even though we already had Forestieri, Hooper, Joao, Fletcher, Nuhiu, Winnall and Matias at the club).

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mcguigan said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I guarantee if I go back to the threads around the time we were signing Hooper, Forestieri, Bannan ect...you'd have been praising DC as the best owner we could have.

Those recruits were acceptable. But what about so many others which were not?

On 03/05/2022 at 12:51, @owlstalk said:

Yes mate

The period reported is for the time there was a lockdown and no fans were allowed in games etc

The lockdown in the year to July 2021 was obviously a disaster for all ( Stoke seem very vulnerable) and I am no accountant,  but I wonder whether the following combination makes us stand out a bit more than most other clubs in the Championship and EFL league 1...

we do not own our ground as an asset,

our playing squad is priced at only £2M,

we lost £25M despite having higher TV money in that year reported upon than currently, associated with a league  higher than we are in,  

and the combination of poor sponsorship deals and lack of the bigger crowds ( I think SUFC have bigger crowds) which we really need given our expenses,  leaves us totally dependent for survival on one man, the owner and exec chairman, who probably paid too much to MM to acquire us , hence he needs an unrealistic sum if he decides to sell.  

After cutting our expenses by letting well paid and overpaid players leave, we will have lower expenses for 2021-2 so have to hope for better financial figures next time,  as we cannot repeat the same scale of reduction in players' wages. I saw an estimate that the playing budget is now just over £10M. Not much fat there. 

2 hours ago, Mcguigan said:

Players on huge wages in their respective divisions are always difficult to move on, especially if we are wanting a fee as well as wages off the books.

Selling a player makes little sense for FFP purposes unless it’s far more than what we purchased them for. How many of our players would that have applied to?

But the thing is its the chairman's job to do whats best for the club turning down £13m for Fessi then letting him leave on a free is not great business.

turning down offers for Lees, Westwood, Reach, Bannan etc and all but Bannan have left on frees.

The tenure of DC will be remember for spending over £200m to make us worse.

Taking a mid table championship team losing £5m a season under Milan with a team of kids, frees and loan signings.

And turning us into a league one team losing £20m a season, thats homeless, unable to sign players, has had a points deductions for breach P&S rules and has another suspended points penalty pending should we fail to pay players this season, unable to sign a player on a fee, a team made of free agents and loans, fans still owed money from 2 years ago.

I think looking back in footballing terms DC is none league, Milan in comparison is premier league when running a football club.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, victorturner said:

Other than Abdi, Van Aken, Rhodes, Wiggins, Borner, Harris, McGugan, McManaman, Odubajo, Winnall, Lachman, Pelupessey, Emmanualson, Butterfield, Bates, David Jones, McGeady, Buckley, Sow, Izzy Brown, Marriott, Da Cruz, Boyd, Fox, Souguo, Bus and Vermijl the signings made by the club since Chansiri has arrived have largely represented value for money.

Stop nit picking.lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Other than Abdi, Van Aken, Rhodes, Wiggins, Borner, Harris, McGugan, McManaman, Odubajo, Winnall, Lachman, Pelupessey, Emmanualson, Butterfield, Bates, David Jones, McGeady, Buckley, Sow, Izzy Brown, Marriott, Da Cruz, Boyd, Fox, Souguo, Bus and Vermijl the signings made by the club since Chansiri has arrived have largely represented value for money.

Stop nit picking.lol

Very disappointed that you couldn’t be bothered to put them in alphabetical order.

• Haha 2

Guest Mcguigan
4 hours ago, victorturner said:

We ALL welcomed them at time, if you remember.

Nobody gave a rats arse about wages, transfer fees and contract lengths. 

Spendageddon and HMS Pisstheleague were the order of the day.

Like I said, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Guest Mcguigan
3 hours ago, room0035 said:

But the thing is its the chairman's job to do whats best for the club turning down £13m for Fessi then letting him leave on a free is not great business.

turning down offers for Lees, Westwood, Reach, Bannan etc and all but Bannan have left on frees.

The tenure of DC will be remember for spending over £200m to make us worse.

Taking a mid table championship team losing £5m a season under Milan with a team of kids, frees and loan signings.

And turning us into a league one team losing £20m a season, thats homeless, unable to sign players, has had a points deductions for breach P&S rules and has another suspended points penalty pending should we fail to pay players this season, unable to sign a player on a fee, a team made of free agents and loans, fans still owed money from 2 years ago.

I think looking back in footballing terms DC is none league, Milan in comparison is premier league when running a football club.

Who bid £13m for FF? Please don’t say Fulham.

Guest mrbluesky
23 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

Who bid £13m for FF? Please don’t say Fulham.

Derby

2 hours ago, Mcguigan said:

We ALL welcomed them at time, if you remember.

Nobody gave a rats arse about wages, transfer fees and contract lengths. 

Spendageddon and HMS Pisstheleague were the order of the day.

Like I said, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I think quite a few were dubious about why some players were being signed. There was a time when we were collecting ageing midfield players and it was baffling why especially David Jones and George Boyd were brought in.

David Jones followed George Boyd in 

Guest mrbluesky
10 hours ago, striker said:

Nobody. There were enquiries but no firm bids.

Enquiries were tentative, well below £10m which is why it didn't go any further. 

I feel I can be ITK on this one 🙂, I was in the room when DC said it was Derby (not Rebekah Vardy) , the exact figure was 12 m, I told a certain member on here at the time. 

5 hours ago, mrbluesky said:

I feel I can be ITK on this one 🙂, I was in the room when DC said it was Derby (not Rebekah Vardy) , the exact figure was 12 m, I told a certain member on here at the time. 

I was also in the room when DC said there had been no bids, but Fulham had enquired.

That said, assumes DC was being accurate with his words (likely one of his lost in translation moments rather then being deliberately misleading).

Whatever it was didn't happen, what's done is done. I will say though that if there was actually a bid, should have been accepted. 

Guest mrbluesky
1 minute ago, striker said:

I was also in the room when DC said there had been no bids, but Fulham had enquired.

That said, assumes DC was being accurate with his words (likely one of his lost in translation moments rather then being deliberately misleading).

Whatever it was didn't happen, what's done is done. I will say though that if there was actually a bid, should have been accepted. 

Different room, then, as I vividly remember him asking his sidekick if it was OK to tell us, I'm sure if you search on here someone came straight out of there on to here to announce it, after being told not to say anything lol 

Although I told a chap on here whom I trust, he didn't say anything btw, It's not an ITK competition, anyway, I am right, you were in a different meeting...obvs lol

Also, players go on strike when there's an official bid...allegedly😉 

22 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

Different room, then, as I vividly remember him asking his sidekick if it was OK to tell us, I'm sure if you search on here someone came straight out of there on to here to announce it, after being told not to say anything lol 

Although I told a chap on here whom I trust, he didn't say anything btw, It's not an ITK competition, anyway, I am right, you were in a different meeting...obvs lol

Also, players go on strike when there's an official bid...allegedly😉 

Yeh, definitely a different room. 

Doesn't surprise me one bit different stories being told (and I don't mean by you and I !!) 

The only time I've ever been ITK and you've gone and spoiled it 🤣

lol