2021 Accounts

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Could they not get solar panel installed on the top if every stand to generate clean electric, to be used to reduce their carbon foot print but all reduce their electric bills

Would also double up as a good way to cover ‘Presto’ on the West Stand. 👍

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Energy and carbon report

The Club employed a consultant to carry out an energy assessment in May 2019 which gave recommendations as to how it could reduce its annual energy consumption.

A number of recommendations were identified and the Club is looking to implement these over the next couple of years and has to date started an ongoing programme of replacing lighting with LED lamps and sensor lights. Monitoring the temperature at which the under soil pitch heating is used to reduce gas consumption, replacing taps to automatically cut off in the toilets around the stadium.

A new undersoil heating boiler was installed during Autumn 2021 with a more fuel-efficient model.

New LED floodlights are planned to be installed by the start of the 2022-23 season which will reduce electricity consumption of the floodlights by 80%.

Matchday radios are all turned off between matches and all kiosks on the concourses are powered down after each match, including till systems and refrigeration. Installed plumbed in water taps to reduce single use plastics and an electronic vehicle charging point at the training ground.

All waste disposal is separately sorted for the ease of recycling glass, plastic glasses and bottles, paper and cardboard, food waste and general waste.

An annual electric equipment disposal is undertaken to achieve efficient recycling. Waste cooking Oil is collected for recycling.

Beer lines are cleaned and put on air to save water consumption as this saves rinsing the lines twice which also helps save on waste.

Stadium pitch irrigation requirements are measured by electronic moisture probes and the watering is controlled by computer with moisture readings taken daily.

This is good stuff too

My company did this 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Glad to get them out of the way

Whilst not great - they're also along the same lines as every other club

Let's crack on now and get promoted!

Also, big thank you to DC for funding these losses. Irrespective of his abilities to lead the club forward, he has consistently put his hand in his  pocket to keep us solvent.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, standerino said:

Isn’t it a sad state of affairs in English football when you look at a £25mill loss and think it could be worse. 

Football is financially rotten. 

Whats it matter if we are still a football club in a year, or ten, thirty etc?  This is just a snapshot of the club a year or so ago.  The club is paying its way, cutting costs and reviewing its financial position.

• Like 1

Guest FoxOwl12
14 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Yeah imagine being a “thicko” and complaining about a chairman who sells our stadium, has us placed under numerous transfer embargo’s and gives the club its first ever points deduction that resulted in us being relegated. :ghoulguy:

People like you make my p*ss boil. You mouth off but never come up with a well thought out alternative. Again thicko.

Guest Mcguigan
16 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

It’d be interesting to see what those losses would’ve been had he not taken us backwards as a club since his arrival.

The club weren’t making these losses under Milan Mandaric and we were a division higher.

Even under MM’s extremely prudent stewardship we made losses of over £25m over 4 1/2 seasons and that was with very little money paid out in transfers and a very low wage bill. We were going under him and he knew it, he didn’t have the funds needed to bring in the players required to challenge for promotion.

That 15/16 squad we all thanked him for at the time would have been a pipe dream under MM’s ownership. Comparing him to DC is chalk and cheese.

25 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

Even under MM’s extremely prudent stewardship we made losses of over £25m over 4 1/2 seasons and that was with very little money paid out in transfers and a very low wage bill. We were going under him and he knew it, he didn’t have the funds needed to bring in the players required to challenge for promotion.

That 15/16 squad we all thanked him for at the time would have been a pipe dream under MM’s ownership. Comparing him to DC is chalk and cheese.

Well at least we agree on one thing, comparing DC to Milan was comparing chalk and cheese.

On one hand you have a competent owner who didn’t splash the cash but turned us into a steady lower mid table Championship club, on the other hand you have an incompetent owner who spent millions turning us into a league 1 club.

I’d also add, we no longer own our own stadium.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FoxOwl12 said:

People like you make my p*ss boil. You mouth off but never come up with a well thought out alternative. Again thicko.

A well thought out alternative?

How about an owner who doesn’t sell

the stadium, who doesn’t have us placed under multiple embargo’s and who doesn’t lumber the club with its first ever points deduction.

The measure of an owners success isn’t the amount of his own wealth he’s able to flush down the toilet my happy clapping friend.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest mrbluesky
12 hours ago, bobowl said:

Does anyone know if he minds spending 25 million a year?

This is the 25 million dollar pound question

Guest mrbluesky
3 hours ago, FoxOwl12 said:

The "well thought out alternative" usually comes from the owner...not the fans, but yeah I'm sure if a fan came up with a "good alternative", the chairman would be all ears, I mean he's been advised well on numerous occasions lol

I'm sure you can see the irony in calling people "thicko"

Guest mrbluesky
6 hours ago, Brommers said:

Also, big thank you to DC for funding these losses. Irrespective of his abilities to lead the club forward, he has consistently put his hand in his  pocket to keep us solvent.

It's a naive way of looking at what is effectively a business, losses are part and parcel of football, It's how the losses are incurred and how you address them, It's said Mel Morris sunk a 1/4 of a billion into Derby , he has now walked away from a club that's been on the brink of folding for several months, ask Derby fans if they are grateful .

Football is rotten, BUT you can't just blame it on that, us fans rely on the owner to cut his loss making cloth accordingly, and not to listen to fans when they are wanting an 8m striker, or run a business ignoring the biggest financial income to a club by not selling players. 

Don't ever thank an owner for keeping a club afloat, no one but DC has caused that, thank the owner when there's success on and off the pitch, of which so far he's failed miserably, and I mean, really miserably.      

20 hours ago, Animis said:

In comparison, Stoke City posted a loss of nearly £56m in the 12 months up to the end of March last year.

then stoke will be joining league 1 real soon to join an absolute ton of ex prem clubs 

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

A well thought out alternative?

How about an owner who doesn’t sell

the stadium, who doesn’t have us placed under multiple embargo’s and who doesn’t lumber the club with its first ever points deduction.

The measure of an owners success isn’t the amount of his own wealth he’s able to flush down the toilet my happy clapping friend.

Happy clapper?  Are you 9yo?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Mcguigan
1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

Well at least we agree on one thing, comparing DC to Milan was comparing chalk and cheese.

On one hand you have a competent owner who didn’t splash the cash but turned us into a steady lower mid table Championship club, on the other hand you have an incompetent owner who spent millions turning us into a league 1 club.

I’d also add, we no longer own our own stadium.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I guarantee if I go back to the threads around the time we were signing Hooper, Forestieri, Bannan ect...you'd have been praising DC as the best owner we could have.

42 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I guarantee if I go back to the threads around the time we were signing Hooper, Forestieri, Bannan ect...you'd have been praising DC as the best owner we could have.

Indeed, and then he let the vast majority of these big signings run down their contracts and leave for free.

• Like 2

Be interesting to see how many clubs end up falling foul of FFP in the next season or so. 

Particularly some of these sides in the Championship. 

Who knows, perhaps you will have half the division starting on minus whatever in a few seasons...