2021 Accounts

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Accounts have been published

They've told us what we pretty much already assumed given that it was the time of lockdown and fans not allowed to go to games etc

Lots of positives in the accounts though 
They were filed and reported and published on time too

All good

Let's not worry

Let's just crack on and get promoted now

Sounds quite positive then, owlstalk. 

lots of positives coming out of the club at the minute. 

Long may it continue 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

I’m not going to argue with you there. Just pointing out that inspite of what you’ve pointed out, Dejphon Chansiri has taken us backwards as a club from when he took it over from Milan Mandaric.

We have gone backwards but first couple of seasons we went forwards and came very close to promise land, we were nowhere near this before Chansiri came in. 

Fingers crossed that he's learned from the bad mistakes and can take us forward once again. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

The club weren’t making these losses under Milan Mandaric and we were a division higher.

Losses in the top half of the Championship have absolutely exploded in the last 10 years. It's totally unsustainable. 

There are at least 8-10 clubs who have made far far bigger losses than us and haven't had points deducted (possibly as they've sold their grounds within permitted rules!)

1 hour ago, sMacLean said:

The 'Green' stuff always makes me chuckle.

Being a Green Energy Consultant is the same as being a tarot card reader or 'life' coach.

LED lights are absolutely naff and deservedly cheap.

This sounds like Donald Trump nonsense

lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

Does not make for pretty reading.

1 question though when the club lose £7m of is turnover, we were struggling to survive but still managed to pay over £5m back to the director loans. Yet fans were still waiting nearly 2 years to be repaid what they were owed.

Oh and the £2.25m a season we are paying rent on Hillsborough looks a great deal too.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, owls-swfc said:

What's the craic with any potential Wembley revenues?

Im sure that was only champ whereby the winner has a £100m windfall for promotion to the Prem and the losing team gets the extra £1m gate receipt. 

10 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Energy and carbon report

The Club employed a consultant to carry out an energy assessment in May 2019 which gave recommendations as to how it could reduce its annual energy consumption.

A number of recommendations were identified and the Club is looking to implement these over the next couple of years and has to date started an ongoing programme of replacing lighting with LED lamps and sensor lights. Monitoring the temperature at which the under soil pitch heating is used to reduce gas consumption, replacing taps to automatically cut off in the toilets around the stadium.

A new undersoil heating boiler was installed during Autumn 2021 with a more fuel-efficient model.

New LED floodlights are planned to be installed by the start of the 2022-23 season which will reduce electricity consumption of the floodlights by 80%.

Matchday radios are all turned off between matches and all kiosks on the concourses are powered down after each match, including till systems and refrigeration. Installed plumbed in water taps to reduce single use plastics and an electronic vehicle charging point at the training ground.

All waste disposal is separately sorted for the ease of recycling glass, plastic glasses and bottles, paper and cardboard, food waste and general waste.

An annual electric equipment disposal is undertaken to achieve efficient recycling. Waste cooking Oil is collected for recycling.

Beer lines are cleaned and put on air to save water consumption as this saves rinsing the lines twice which also helps save on waste.

Stadium pitch irrigation requirements are measured by electronic moisture probes and the watering is controlled by computer with moisture readings taken daily.

This is good stuff too

Could they not get solar panel installed on the top if every stand to generate clean electric, to be used to reduce their carbon foot print but all reduce their electric bills

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Not read through all the comments so I don’t know the general views on this 

this is my take football finance in general is a worry

should we be praising our chairman for funding these losses

he seems to be trying to make the club more sustainable in reducing the wages and you’d imagine next year this to come down again 

I see they are also trying to make Hillsborough more cost effective the recent announcement on the floodlights also suggests this 

I honestly can’t see how any football team can make a profit without being in the elite league with huge corporate facilities or and making significant player sales 

so losses for me are just expected 

the 9 million loss of revenue though for me doesn’t scratch the surface to reduce these losses 

what is shows is a lack of income but it’s not a direct loss if we had that income 

we would have significantly more costs so the debt I would think would still be around 18-21 million 

these costs include 

food purchases 

policing 

stewarding 

manufacturing and production of programs 

additional energy concourse costs 

casual staffing 

so even without covid we would still have huge losses 

Be interesting to see next years accounts 

with wages decreased again 

and the huge sales they have had in corporate this year 

And the crowds back 

what I suspect though if we need to be looking at a break even or under 15 million pound a year losses our only option is to generate player sales

How are football teams actually meant to trade 

without owners ploughing money in or the whole football world being hit by wage caps 

I can’t see how they can compete without being in debt 

• Like 1
  • Love 1