• Bannan
    • Gregory
    • Berahino
    • Mendez-Laing
    • Luongo
    • Dunkley
    • Kamberi

11 minutes ago, vulva said:

Byers. Struggling to understand the votes for NML. Thought he was poor. Gregory played well and taking him off was weird. 

NML running at the defender won us the pen which won us the game. Beat his man several times and put there defence under pressure he was looking to make things happen even if he had a few missed placed passes and dodgy crosses 

Peacock - 7 Did well, came well for crosses and his kicking was good.

Palmer - 7 Good

Storey - 7 Good

Johnson - 7 Solid

Hunt - 6 Some good crosses, poor back pass, faded a bit

Byers - 7 Didn’t challenge himself as hard as he could. Played well, but take a few more risks.

Paterson - 5 Not a great night

Bannan - 5 Disappointing. Too deep, too many long balls, stationary when receiving the ball. MKD Baz please!

Mendez - 7 Some great runs. Finishing is poor, not sure why. Final ball just needs one notch of quality 

Gregory - 7 Class and took responsibility 

Berahino - 5 My goodness. Kept going

Moore - 6 I’m his biggest fan, but I think he made a couple of bad decisions tonight. That said, we got the result. Roll on Wycombe. Let’s go for it Big Daz!!!

• Like 1

Interesting the divisive views on NML. I’m in the camp who thought he was poor. Same with Paterson. Also Bannan was played deeper tonight and I hate seeing him there. 

MOM probably Byers for me.

I’d go

BPF 7

Palmer 7

Storey 6

Johnson 6

Hunt 6

Bannan 6

Byers 7

Paterson 5

Berahino 6

Gregory 7 

Byers for me too, stepped up while Bannan had an off day,  thought Palmer, Storey and Hunt were decent.
No attacking threat whatsoever once Gregory went off. Don’t get the huge swing of opinions with NML, he did ok, offered a threat and won a game winning penalty.

3 points and on to the next one. UTO 

Byers get my vote - but I wish he would play further forward, instead of sitting deep.

Palmer was good also, Hunt did a few decent crosses, Gregory looked well up for it. NML very frustrating again. Paterson was poor.

A better team than Crewe would have punished us for missing those chances. Will need to be more clinical against Wycombe if we are to get a result there.

gregory easily i personally think it was an awkward one for all of our lads tonight not one of em had any truly redeemin moments for what was happenin bar obviously gregory and lang but lang is not a striker he's got pace an he can get ball up but he’s not gonna get many goals with the style that he truly is he needs to be settin em up rather than him bein the one goin for it i think the majority can see its not efficient looking forward to wycombe away anyways we got a win aht of crewe and we’re 2 points clear of sunderland an wycombe 

Peacock - 7

Palmer - 6

Storey - 6

Johnson - 6

Hunt - 6 (8 first half, 4 second half )

Byers - 7

Paterson - 6

Bannan - 5 unusually wasteful tonight 

Mendez - 6

Gregory - 8 led the line well. Lost our shape when he went off. 

Berahino - 5 Poor misses. 

Luongo - 5. Looked off it last few games. Could have been booked twice. 

Kamberi 5 

Dunkley 5 - So need Hutch and Dean back. 

DM 4 - In a season of bizarre substitutions, tonight took the biscuit. All very well resting players once the game was won. We lost our shape when Gregory went off and made hard work of a very poor team. 

• Like 1

Guest Willow Owl
17 minutes ago, trotter said:

Peacock - 7

Palmer - 6

Storey - 6

Johnson - 6

Hunt - 6 (8 first half, 4 second half )

Byers - 7

Paterson - 6

Bannan - 5 unusually wasteful tonight 

Mendez - 6

Gregory - 8 led the line well. Lost our shape when he went off. 

Berahino - 5 Poor misses. 

Luongo - 5. Looked off it last few games. Could have been booked twice. 

Kamberi 5 

Dunkley 5 - So need Hutch and Dean back. 

DM 4 - In a season of bizarre substitutions, tonight took the biscuit. All very well resting players once the game was won. We lost our shape when Gregory went off and made hard work of a very poor team. 

Patterson more than Bannan and same as all back 3, You’ve got to be joking. The man is pinching money. Truly awful player

Peacock-Farrell: 7 - Not a lot to do, but another clean sheet.

Palmer: 7 - No drama.

Storey: 7 - Won lots of headers.

Johnson: 7 - One of our best attackers from CB.

Hunt: 6 - Bit subdued. Got away with one awful pass.

Mendez-Laing: 6.5 - Some good stuff, some bad stuff, but ultimately won the penalty.

Byers: 7.5 - MoM. Neat and tidy.

Bannan: 6 - Started really well, but then unusually wasteful.

Paterson: 6 - Huffed, puffed, took his eye off the ball.

Berahino: 4 - Awful miss, but why is his confidence so fragile? All strikers miss chances, he's played international football and in the Premier League, but he seemed to let it linger, refused to take on shots in the second half, fluffed nearly everything afterwards.

Gregory: 7 - Not his best game, but kept his head for the pen.

Luongo: 7 - A few fouls, but gave us a bit more structure.

Dunkley: 7 - Helped us see it out.

Kamberi: 7 - Looked bright actually.

Great first 10 minutes or so, but got very scrappy after that. In the end we had 17 shots to their 1, so we dominated, but missed so many good chances and made it an unnecessarily nervy night. Not even sure it was a penalty. But, a win is a win.

• Love 1