Bolton - Wednesday - OMDT

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

So, my observations then.

Not enough tempo, poor marking, giving the ball away, not winning enough challenges, in summary not trying hard enough off the ball, not enough pressure on them.

Going forward done ok but the finishing has been atrocious. This game should already be over but we've given them a chance by shooting like Aston Villa ladies.

Not good enough. Need to up it two years and they'll not live with us.

Meantime, I've had half a large Melton Mowbray pork pie and some pickled onions, will lucky half time dump us into the lead and up the table.

I promise.

Stomach like a cement mixer…the LHTD is our only chance…gerronwi’it!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

That's the conundrum, isn't it: take Mendez-Laing off, we lose his pace, and the other options probably don't latch onto the ball as often as him, and therefore we create fewer chances.

But we simply have to score when we're dominating a game like this.

We could put Berahino on for Hunt and move NML out wide right.

2 minutes ago, OriginalAlien said:

We could put Berahino on for Hunt and move NML out wide right.

We could do, yeah.

But as I say, we then lose Mendez-Laing's pace at the top of the pitch, which causes teams problems.

If there's no breakthrough after 20-25 mins of the second half, I expect we'll see Berahino or Paterson brought on to try a different approach.

It sounds like it's been a really good away performance so far, so no need to panic just yet. We could do with a chance landing at Gregory's boot 5 yards out, really...

5 minutes ago, Flat Owl said:

NML should not be playing down the middle.

Most have been saying this for a while. He doesn't look comfortable when he plays there and it never works.  Needs 2 proper forwards up top. I'd even rather have Paterson up there with Gregory.

But DM can't see it and it seems he has to shoehorn NML in that position just to get him on the pitch, even though we  have forwards who can do that job better. 

• Like 2