Urgohide

4 hours ago, HootHoot said:

Unsurprisingly, a few bitter fans here.

At the end of the day, football is a job and the club is your employer. You owe no loyalty towards your employer.

If a better offer comes with more money of course you take it. Football is a relatively short career and you need to make the most of your opportunities.

I'm not sure why anybody holds that against them? And if you do, why? We don't miss them? We've signed enough players to replace them so what's the issue? 

Take off the Wednesday tinted glasses and move on. They're young and have experience now so I've no doubt they'll still earn more than the average person makes a year playing football.

No grudges pal. Looking at it from a development side. Way to early in both careers. Both young and with talents but that’s about it. Living comfortably and settled. Verge of breaking through at a club with a big loyal fanbase. Manager who’s clearly respected in the game. Every chance of playing regular first team footie. Stay. Develop. Move for big bucks then. The reported 3k PW we offered hardly chicken feed is it ? 

• Like 1

Both who left IMO aren’t good enough for Celtic (or Wednesday’s current tam) but they’ve moved on for what they thought was a better move. They’ve got paid and joined a bigger club and fair play to them for that.

Urhoghide got subbed at half time on his debut in Belgium. A terrible start but he seems to have still played a few afterwards and Oostende have a clause to buy so maybe it will work out for him. Good luck to him because the Jupiler League is a decent standard.

Shaw can’t get a game for Motherwell who have been seriously struggling in recent weeks. An unused sub in their last 4 or 5 games. 

They’ve moved on and so should we. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BridportOwl said:

I guess we do not what the players were told when by Celtic when they made them offers. They might have been told you would be part of our first team squad etc. Was reading about that young Scottish lad (at Bologna I think) Bayern Munich were interested as well, but Bologna said he would be a first team player while Munich said he would be in the reserves for a year at first. He went to Bologna to play football and now has a international call up.

Hearts are my team in Scotland and Hickey is something special I watched him loads. We will get a huge sell on fee for him this summer because I doubt Bologna will be able to keep him.

Man of the match at 16 in a Cup Final for Hearts, currently a regular starter and top player in Serie A, and recently capped for Scotland against Poland and he’s still only 19.

Scotland are very strong at LB/LCB but Hickey is both footed and he’s already ahead of where Tierney and Robertson were at his age. The sky is the limit for him.

Maldini at Milan is after him this summer and he is their priority signing and tbf I can’t think of a better LB in world football in my lifetime than Maldini. Another success story from Hearts youth setup and he will net the club some big money.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

There wasn’t a chance. Neither are anywhere near good enough.

then why did Celtic sign them if there wasn’t just a glimmer of a chance?

why was there lots of fake outrage saying the club had messed up allowing them to leave?

On what evidence would they have been first team regulars? Moore isn't exactly youth first, is he?

And as for "I'd stay at Wednesday forever, they aren't proper fans", you're spending your free time talking about ex players. I think your idea of a proper fan and their investment in the club is a bit skewed.

6 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

On what evidence would they have been first team regulars? Moore isn't exactly youth first, is he?

And as for "I'd stay at Wednesday forever, they aren't proper fans", you're spending your free time talking about ex players. I think your idea of a proper fan and their investment in the club is a bit skewed.

Well for a start unless you’ve been living under a rock we’ve just played a huge chunk of the season short of recognised CH and had to sign 3. How do you know they couldn’t have made that spot their own ? 

Guest FoxOwl12
13 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Oostende have an option to buy so most likely he won’t be going back to Celtic

Oostende have been quoted as saying he does not fit into their plans

33 minutes ago, edwinowl said:

Well for a start unless you’ve been living under a rock we’ve just played a huge chunk of the season short of recognised CH and had to sign 3. How do you know they couldn’t have made that spot their own ? 

Brennan.

Started playing, didn't do too bad, dropped for Pato, then we got 2 more on loan.

Wednesday are in win now mode, DM can't afford to develop young players in the first team.

54 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

Brennan.

Started playing, didn't do too bad, dropped for Pato, then we got 2 more on loan.

Wednesday are in win now mode, DM can't afford to develop young players in the first team.

Just one example. Clearly struggled in a couple of games. You can’t single out players like for like. Let’s face it however this fan base is hardly patient as expectations are high. 

I don't blame either of them for taking a shot at it. The question that needed asking was whether or not the advice given to them at the time was the best available!!!

If the club was in such a state then perhaps it might have been, only time will tell. Right now they are both young enough to get their heads down and go again. Whether or not a change of agent is needed might be another matter. You only have to take a look at the rate in which Man City, Chelsea have recruited players, only to realise they ain't good enough. Many probly end up on the heap, or their confidence so shot they give it up.

The grass certainly isn't always greener.

Said at the time and will say again I never questioned him leaving us. At the time we were a real mess and even Bannan came out in an interview and said he didn't know what was going on.

What I did question was the choice of club. He wasn't ready for Celtic and had apparently been offered a deal at QPR, a couple more championship clubs and plenty of League One clubs. He should have gone somewhere he could have had guaranteed game time. He'd played 19 competitive games in his entire career and he's not that young (22 in July). He needed a full season of competitive football at a good standard (League One). He could have then worked up to the Championship if he was the real deal.

From the reports in the Scottish Press he's not on mind-blowing money so I don't by the whole 'made for life' lines. IMO he was right to leave (although in hindsight we'd have been good for him) as at the time we were a mess but he should have gone to a club where he'd be confident of regular football. He's now essentially wasted a year of football when he was just building momentum.

11 hours ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

There wasn’t a chance. Neither are anywhere near good enough.

But both were good enough to be in our first 11 in the championship.

Stop the bitter crap.

liam shaw wanted £3.5k a week to stay the club offered less. When the likes of Marriott and Kachunga were getting paid way more for sitting on their arses and never playing.

Last season the players did not know from month to month if they would get paid. These were not two young players getting £10-15,000 a week they were probably on hundreds a week.

They moved to a club that gave them 3-4 year contracts on reasonable money and are allowing them game time and to develop in an academy that values youth.

Both would still be at our club was the club being run correctly. We are not asking for the world just basics like paying your players on time and not needing the threat of another points deduction to make it happen.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1