Urgohide

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I've no sympathy for either

Both moved for money

Both could have featured heavily in our team this season

And one called himself a Wednesdayite

Good riddance

They are professional footballers - they play for money what dont you quite get about that.

• Like 3

What's done is done. The lad moved for a better contract, didn't work out and now trying to build a career in an even poorer league. 

No real loss for us,  considering the options we have, he would get nowhere near the first 11 at the moment.

• Like 1

Nothing against any youngster who decided to leave Wednesday these last few years and to try his luck elsewhere as they were treated like poo .

However, it seems that after loosing these two we learned our lesson and decided to do things differently and I really like what I've been hearing from the club lately.

Future looks bright.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, trev said:

Yeah no doubt good money but set up for life??

Doubt Celtic can afford to pay obvious squad youth players with a bit of potential THAT much money tbh.

It's not like they were mega hot properties.

Probably 3k per week for 3 years, half a million contracts each. 300k once you take tax off, less best part of 100k blown on superficial stuff like cars, girls and expensive holidays.

Will be lucky if they can pay cash for a house with what’s left so they have a lot more work to do to make sure they make a career out of the game 

1 minute ago, malek said:

Nothing against any youngster who decided to leave Wednesday these last few years and to try his luck elsewhere as they were treated like poo .

However, it seems that after loosing these two we learned our lesson and decided to do things differently and I really like what I've been hearing from the club lately.

Future looks bright.

Bit worrying though the first development game after players left the club had no players on trial and 5 first team players getting game time.

i have no problem with a shake up as long as it happens.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Some sour grapes on here 

league one Sheffield Wednesday who are struggling to pay players 

or Celtic with a manager investing youth 

that w the situation when they signed, I don’t think a young player can turn that opportunity down can they. It’s not all about money 

European football or league one? Rose tinted specs off 

now if they stayed would they be nearer first team yes and would they have played more minutes yes 

but more likely they would have been squad players that featured more through injuries, resting players and off the bench so it’s no surprise they don’t get a look in at Celtic 

If a young player goes and looks around celtics training ground and stadium why on earth would they turn that down to sign for us 

personally I hope and I’m sure they will forge out good careers for themselves do I think they will play top level football no, my guess is they will struggle to play higher than the championship 

but Celtic for almost every reason was a better option for them to sign for we was a basket case of a club when they signed for Celtic I really can’t blame them

Not to mention that they were only offered 2k a month whilst Wildsmith and Dawson are on 6k and 4k.

8 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Bit worrying though the first development game after players left the club had no players on trial and 5 first team players getting game time.

i have no problem with a shake up as long as it happens.

That development squad needed a shake up, as well as our approach to development football.

I'm quite sure that We will se fair few trialists come in before end of the season. And even if we don't playing our U-18's at bit higher level against better opposition can only be a good sign.

Promoting likes of Hall, Shipston and Cadamarteri year early would in my opinion be a right thing to do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I've no sympathy for either

Both moved for money

Both could have featured heavily in our team this season

And one called himself a Wednesdayite

Good riddance

I hate this. 

obviously they moved for money. Who doesn’t? Would you turn down extra cash for doing the same job but at a different company? Moneys what we go to work for. 

Your right, both could have featured this season, but as a footballer who’s been told he’s good enough for Celtic, why wouldn’t he go and test himself? They saw something in him, so he’s not gunna say… Naa I’ll stay, I don’t believe I am that good actually. 

And he is probably still a Wednesday fan. He’s just playing For another team ffs. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

They are professional footballers - they play for money what dont you quite get about that.

They got money at Hillsborough

And a place in the team

Their careers would have been better served playing regularly

Rather than waste away in someone's reserves

• Like 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Harsh... they probably took the advice of their agent, or were told by their agent.

What role did their father play

Had it been my son I would have told the agent to do one

And my son would have listened

I get sick to the teeth of hearing so called Wednesdayites saying they love the club, but as soon as they are offered more money, they are off

Wednesdayites my arse

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Mosborough-owl said:

I hate this. 

obviously they moved for money. Who doesn’t? Would you turn down extra cash for doing the same job but at a different company? Moneys what we go to work for. 

Your right, both could have featured this season, but as a footballer who’s been told he’s good enough for Celtic, why wouldn’t he go and test himself? They saw something in him, so he’s not gunna say… Naa I’ll stay, I don’t believe I am that good actually. 

And he is probably still a Wednesday fan. He’s just playing For another team ffs. 

Had I been good enough I'd have given anything to make it big at Hillsborough

The chance to make a name for yourself at the club you love, or get a pay rise to play for Celtic's reserves

There's no choice for me

It's got to be Wednesday

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

And a place in the team

Correct. If they’re good enough they’re old enough to make it anywhere. Players too impatient and keeps happening. Hirst another one. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

And a place in the team

True story - a very well known Sheffield footballer now retired once said to me and I believed him that if the money was right he would go to Skegness Town. I got what he was saying and believe me most pros are of the same mindset.

12 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

What role did their father play

Had it been my son I would have told the agent to do one

And my son would h

I get sick to the teeth of hearing so called Wednesdayites saying they love the club, but as soon as they are offered more money, they are off

Wednesdayites my arse

Why would I know what their fathers role was?  You can still love the club even if you are offered more money.  They are professional footballers after all, it's how they make their living, if they get a better offer then they would be silly not to listen.

10 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Had I been good enough I'd have given anything to make it big at Hillsborough

The chance to make a name for yourself at the club you love, or get a pay rise to play for Celtic's reserves

There's no choice for me

It's got to be Wednesday

You need to take your Wednesday blinkers off. He clearly didn't go thinking he’d just play for Celtic reserves. He went clearly thinking he’s good enough to play for the first team. Why has is got to be Wednesday? Footballers are a long time retired, so he has to take every opportunity that comes his way. 

• Like 1