Urgohide

21 year old players should be thinking about developing their careers over the next 15 years. First team games are part of that, but the coaching setup and the club's record in arranging good loans is important too.  Celtic spending money on their salary and compensation fee means Celtic are going to try to help them progress.

Guest DoesJackHunt
17 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I've no sympathy for either

Both moved for money

Both could have featured heavily in our team this season

And one called himself a Wednesdayite

Good riddance

bit strong - We were going down and players regularly weren't getting paid and those 2 had the opportunity to a bigger club that are in Europe regularly to continue their development.  

I would have gone and I'm a Wednesdayite. I can't believe how many positive reactions you've got for this post. 

Guest DoesJackHunt
14 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I know what you are saying, there is no loyalty these days

All this badge kissing does my head in

Players that say they are supporters but leave at the first hint of a pay rise, they don't love Wednesday, they love money

Money isn't everything

Perhaps Shaw might realise this when he's playing reserve team football in Scotland

No, just No!

you've got this wrong Hootie!

13 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I think players like Jamie Vardy are going to have some big regrets when they retire

Christ on a bike......just when you think you've read as much rubbish as possible, there's always someone who sets the bar that little bit higher

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

They got money at Hillsborough

And a place in the team

Their careers would have been better served playing regularly

Rather than waste away in someone's reserves

Mate, when they decided to go , our future did not look good,  loads on here were predicting we would fall straight through the league into league 2. We were even thinking we may get another points deduction.

There was no new signings, and Bannan looked on his way as well. We had released all our ' big names'. 

Yes they may have had game time in league 1, but we were in freefall and they had experienced a last place finish on the league.

I just can't blame them for accepting more money at a huge club like Celtic, and getting away from the circus we were at the time to try and progress their careers. 

They probably thought they would feature in the first team, but the standard is obviously higher than they thought. 

Still the right move for both of them,  especially at the time they made it, even if they have lost a season.

Everyone knows someone who knows someone who knows what the players earn. Bloke I used to buy my dog food from also did dog walking and he walked Hooper's dogs and  said that Hooper was on 32k a week. Might have been true, who knows?

Edited by BridportOwl
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

But both were good enough to be in our first 11 in the championship.

Stop the bitter crap.

liam shaw wanted £3.5k a week to stay the club offered less. When the likes of Marriott and Kachunga were getting paid way more for sitting on their arses and never playing.

Last season the players did not know from month to month if they would get paid. These were not two young players getting £10-15,000 a week they were probably on hundreds a week.

They moved to a club that gave them 3-4 year contracts on reasonable money and are allowing them game time and to develop in an academy that values youth.

Both would still be at our club was the club being run correctly. We are not asking for the world just basics like paying your players on time and not needing the threat of another points deduction to make it happen.

I’m not bitter at all. Both are poo. The spunkfest over Liam Shaw was absolutely laughable last season. Neither will have a decent career as I said at the time.

• Haha 1

Guest DoesJackHunt
16 minutes ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

I’m not bitter at all. Both are poo. The spunkfest over Liam Shaw was absolutely laughable last season. Neither will have a decent career as I said at the time.

I thought they both looked decent prospects to be honest. 

14 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

He might think it would have been nice to play for Wednesday.

Then he’d probably look at his Premier League winners medal, FA Cup winners medal, Premier League golden boot award and numerous England caps and goals…

Yeah don’t think he’ll have any regrets for a lad who was playing non-league up until 25/26.

His only regret may be his career didnt get going until that age due to him f*cking about.

But he has certainly had a great career since then and has plenty to show for it.

2 hours ago, DoesJackHunt said:

bit strong - We were going down and players regularly weren't getting paid and those 2 had the opportunity to a bigger club that are in Europe regularly to continue their development.  

I would have gone and I'm a Wednesdayite. I can't believe how many positive reactions you've got for this post. 

Aye but he's looking at it through the eyes of a Wednesday fan and the benefits or losses that we gained out of it, as opposed to the benefits that you point out for the individual players. It's not really that hard to understand why it got so many likes. 

Guest DoesJackHunt
2 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

Aye but he's looking at it through the eyes of a Wednesday fan and the benefits or losses that we gained out of it, as opposed to the benefits that you point out for the individual players. It's not really that hard to understand why it got so many likes. 

Even with you saying that, i still find it very hard to understand why it's got so many likes. 

At the time they left the future looked very uncertain....... Relegation, not being paid etc.

reportedly, we hadn't been falling over ourselves to offer the lads decent contracts. 

They had the opportunity to go and continue their development at Celtic (mush bigger a club than us with better facilities).

Wednesday blinkers or not, it's a no brainer for the players and I wish them well and completely understand the decision. 

As far as Shaw and Urgohide knew, the alternative could have been to stay and then the club go out of business. 

Should they have still stayed loyal to the badge and risked being unemployed for the sake of loyalty when they had the option to go to Celtic?

There's no need to put good riddance is there?  That's just petty.... and a bit ridiculous and any one who liked Hootie's post comes across as being petty and a bit ridiculous too - you know who you are , you petty ridiculous numbskulls (i don't know who you are). I'm very disappointed in Hootie as well, he's let himself down today. 

Wow, when you think back neither of them set the world alight really did they. No sour grapes but I'm pleased it looks to have gone belly up for them, that's just from the point of view where the club would be missing out and having had their pants pulled down by another club.

Wonder if Motherwell as a place has improved over the years. Last time I was there it was full of drunken jocks walking round looking for Englishmen to beat up.😂

They were given their chance at Wednesday and did one as soon as they could see an extra shilling in it, spin on that you pair of honkers.😂

49 minutes ago, Kelfin Platz said:

Wow, when you think back neither of them set the world alight really did they. No sour grapes but I'm pleased it looks to have gone belly up for them, that's just from the point of view where the club would be missing out and having had their pants pulled down by another club.

Wonder if Motherwell as a place has improved over the years. Last time I was there it was full of drunken jocks walking round looking for Englishmen to beat up.😂

They were given their chance at Wednesday and did one as soon as they could see an extra shilling in it, spin on that you pair of honkers.😂

Imagine being the kind of person that is pleased that life may have taken a turn for the worse for someone you don’t even know…..your parents must be proud of how you’ve turned out.

Not withstanding the fact that they’ll still be living the life you can only dream about 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Ian said:

Imagine being the kind of person that is pleased that life may have taken a turn for the worse for someone you don’t even know…..your parents must be proud of how you’ve turned out.

Not withstanding the fact that they’ll still be living the life you can only dream about 

😂