Urgohide

32 minutes ago, Kelfin Platz said:

Whoops, looks like another one the club got bang on, who's sorry now?

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-hes-taken-a-bit-of-a-backseat-why-ex-owl-theo-corbeanu-has-fallen-down-the-pecking-order-at-mk-dons-3633235

What happened to all the club bashers who slated this decision when it happened. @Gob_Bluth

Read the article and the fan praises him and says he is popular with fans. The change away from exspansive football is the reason as doesnt suit his style of play. 

People had an opinion about his time here and your club basher nonsense is tedious. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Quickly Kevin said:

Read the article and the fan praises him and says he is popular with fans. The change away from exspansive football is the reason as doesnt suit his style of play. 

People had an opinion about his time here and your club basher nonsense is tedious. 

No it isn't, they were queuing up, I remember it well. Meltdown, complete and utter. It's only tedious to the ones proven wrong.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Kelfin Platz said:

No it isn't, they were queuing up, I remember it well. Meltdown, complete and utter. It's only tedious to the ones proven wrong.

Did you read the article?

Where he has praised Corbeneaus contribution and explained a change of style is the reason.

People thought we underused him and played him out of position and he was recalled . 

I was annoyed when it happened.

"Club bashers"

Lol

4 minutes ago, Quickly Kevin said:

Did you read the article?

Where he has praised Corbeneaus contribution and explained a change of style is the reason.

People thought we underused him and played him out of position and he was recalled . 

I was annoyed when it happened.

"Club bashers"

Lol

We saw the reaction of the Wednesday fans [to him leaving].

Says it all really.😂

• Like 1

You probably hate any criticism of manager or chairman Im guessing.

Anyway read the article.

Not at all, I just don't wet my pants when something changes, much prefer to wait and see. Your problem seems to be the fact that the club have recently been making some good calls and for some obscure reason you don't like it and will try and justify the opposite view. Corbeanu can't make the team, dress it up as you want, change of style of play my arse.😂

I hope the club continues making these correct decisions, fair play and credit to them

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kelfin Platz said:

Not at all, I just don't wet my pants when something changes, much prefer to wait and see. Your problem seems to be the fact that the club have recently been making some good calls and for some obscure reason you don't like it and will try and justify the opposite view. Corbeanu can't make the team, dress it up as you want, change of style of play my arse.😂

I hope the club continues making these correct decisions, fair play and credit to them

Absolute drivel.

You dont know my opinion on other recent decisions.

Ill listen to the opinion of a MK fan who has watched him and his team. You saw the headline and wanted to see him slate Corbeneau for being poo and he hasn't. A bit bizarre really. You actively want him to fail for some reason?

And Wednesday made no decision on Corbeneau as he was recalled. So it wasnt a correct decision by the club.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Absolute drivel.

You dont know my opinion on other recent decisions.

Ill listen to the opinion of a MK fan who has watched him and his team. You saw the headline and wanted to see him slate Corbeneau for being poo and he hasn't. A bit bizarre really. You actively want him to fail for some reason?

And Wednesday made no decision on Corbeneau as he was recalled. So it wasnt a correct decision by the club.

You do realise that inactivity is sometimes a decision don't you?

I think we wanted shut and they obliged. You can't dress it up, he can't make the team and their doing OK without him. Why does that bother you so? You should be happy.😂

• Like 1

Just now, Kelfin Platz said:

You do realise that inactivity is sometimes a decision don't you?

I think we wanted shut and they obliged. You can't dress it up, he can't make the team and their doing OK without him. Why does that bother you so? You should be happy.😂

So you have no idea really then do you and are making it up.

Where do I state anything about him not  MK's team annoys me? Again you are making b*lls up.

Indeed you have ignored the views of MK fan which I find a bit weird.

And why would I be happy he isnt making their team? I have no ill towards him or desire to see him fail. What has he done to make me want that?

On 28/03/2022 at 23:06, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

If I didn't watch Wednesday I wouldn't watch football at all

The modern game is rubbish, you can't tackle anymore, but you can hold a player and pull him to the ground

The play acting is disgusting, time wasting the same

Had I been good enough to play for Wednesday, I would have jumped at the chance, and I'd never want to leave

I think players like Jamie Vardy are going to have some big regrets when they retire

To love Wednesday, and be good enough to play for them, but miss out, that's going to sting in later life

That's why I admire Terry Curran so much, he was a Wednesdayite that dropped two divisions to play for the club he loved

There's no one like that today, it's all about the money now

I think I'd put every penny I have on him not having any regrets.

17 hours ago, Kelfin Platz said:

Whoops, looks like another one the club got bang on, who's sorry now?

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-hes-taken-a-bit-of-a-backseat-why-ex-owl-theo-corbeanu-has-fallen-down-the-pecking-order-at-mk-dons-3633235

What happened to all the club bashers who slated this decision when it happened. @Gob_Bluth

The club didnt get anything right Wolves terminate the loan and sent him to another club. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Wednesday have not exactly been prolific at producing youth talent, I mean our most famous recentish ex youth prospect was let go for being too small ffs.

So when the two lads got the call for a team playing in the champions league its no wonder they took the gamble.  It hasn't paid off for them and they will slowly drop down levels now until they find theirs.   Some players make it back up some just continue to sink but there is next to 0 chance any player is gonna turn down the chance of playing in the champs league, winning domestic trophies and a pay rise to stay at a  club that at the time was sinking down the divisions.....

If either of them ended up back at Hillsborough I would be happy to cheer them on, if they make good in their careers good on em, if they sink in to obscurity well atleast they rolled the dice and gave them self a chance of greatness. 

Edited by leftpeg
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, leftpeg said:

Wednesday have not exactly been prolific at producing youth talent, I mean our most famous recentish ex youth prospect was let go for being too small ffs.

So when the two lads got the call for a team playing in the champions league its no wonder they took the gamble.  It hasn't paid off for them and they will slowly drop down levels now until they find theirs.   Some players make it back up some just continue to sink but there is next to 0 chance any player is gonna turn down the chance of playing in the champs league, winning domestic trophies and a pay rise to stay at a  club that at the time was sinking down the divisions.....

If either of them ended up back at Hillsborough I would be happy to cheer them on, if they make good in their careers good on em, if they sink in to obscurity well atleast they rolled the dice and gave them self a chance of greatness. 

Fair assessment however they’re not gonna learn much with splinters on their backsides. 

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

The club didnt get anything right Wolves terminate the loan and sent him to another club. 

I think no one can disagree that Corbeanu helped turn our season around.

We were floundering in mid table after 2 wins in 11 games when he made his first start of the season v Sunderland on 2nd November.

He set the tone in that game by scoring the first and made another goal. He scared Sunderland to death by running at them with the ball.

That was the first time we had scored more than 2 in a game and we won 4, drew 3 for 15 points in the next 7. Including beating MK, before covid struck the team.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, edwinowl said:

Fair assessment however they’re not gonna learn much with splinters on their backsides. 

Yep because thats all they do all week......even in training if they haven't played in the last or unlikely to play in the next game then the clubs make them sit on a bench

11 minutes ago, Ian said:

Yep because thats all they do all week......even in training if they haven't played in the last or unlikely to play in the next game then the clubs make them sit on a bench

Seems you know a lot about these two 

Do enlighten us. 
You appear to know how much they earn and 

Their training regime. 

3 hours ago, leftpeg said:

Whilst I agree with that, it probably was worth the gamble for them, and they will have got

paid, but if they honestly thought they’d be anywhere near their first team squad when they moved (and trophies and Champions League) then they’ve been very badly advised. That was never ever going to be the case. I’m pretty sure Celtic would have been pretty up front and honest about that too.

I said that when they moved and it was bloody obvious to anyone who knows anything about Scottish football. I’m sure I said between the pair of them that they wouldn’t make 10 first season appearances this season and it’s looking like it will be proven right. 

Shaw and Urhoghide were only ever going to be a project and development players. That’s fine too if that’s what they were happy with. They might have made it eventually, it would have taken time, and they still might even if it’s unlikely, but you have to admit it was odd at their age to go from first team football back to development football again.

Fair point?

• Like 1