Urgohide

15 hours ago, Kelfin Platz said:

Yes, I was thinking the same. We're in the business of making decent professional footballers out of young men, not lining peoples pockets.

Jordan Rhodes, Almen Abdi, Dave Jones, George Boyd and a whole host of others are popping up to say hi

Don't line peoples pockets - funniest thing I've read on here for years 😂

1 hour ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Jordan Rhodes, Almen Abdi, Dave Jones, George Boyd and a whole host of others are popping up to say hi

Don't line peoples pockets - funniest thing I've read on here for years 😂

😂😂😂 of all the money Chansiri spent since He took over not 0,1% was spent on wages of our young players.

In the same time We paid King's ransom to unmotivated crooks some of who you mentioned above.

6 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

The only way any move can be assessed is in retrospect. At the time I thought both Shaw and Urhoghide might have been better staying as they would have got game time here but didn’t begrudge them leaving if the money was better. After all, they were only betting in their own ability to make a success of it and for every footballer his current contract could always be his last. It looks like it hasn’t worked out but I also don’t think it’s the end of their careers. If they continue to work hard they could still make it at a new club. 

And to be honest they wouldn’t be getting game time here now either

Uroghide wouldn’t get in ahead of Storey, Iorfa, Hutch, etc.

Shaw wouldn’t be in ahead of the 3 at the minute. 

Albeit they would have featured due to injuries throughout season 

32 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Shaw maybe plays instead of us signing Adenerain and also does a stint during centre back injury spree.

Uroghide in at centre back as well maybe instead of Johnson?

1 hour ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

No doubt they have been injured themselves if they had stayed at Wednesday!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, malek said:

😂😂😂 of all the money Chansiri spent since He took over not 0,1% was spent on wages of our young players.

In the same time We paid King's ransom to unmotivated crooks some of who you mentioned above.

I'm assuming thats a typo and not a potentially libellous comment you are making?

20 hours ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Think the club have got all of the decisions correct on the youngsters we didn’t cave into and offer terms they didn’t warrant. 

Clare - Done nothing 

Hirst - Not done much shown some recent promise but no where near the hype his camp were spouting. 
Urgohide - Really not a very good player. Athlete yes but very average player. Brennan has more potential.

Shaw - A very average player too. 

Absolutely no way should we have broke the bank to keep any of them. Sign of the times where they all thought they were better than they were rather than keep their heads down and try to progress with us. All have gone the other way. 

Cadamateri looks a much better prospect to me than Hirst did at the same age. A more complete player at that age. Let’s hope he has a better head on his shoulders and works hard and sees the grass isn’t always greener as above. 

So what happens when Cadamateri goes to DC he want £3k a week to stay or hes off to West Ham, do we just let him go because hes done nothing and proved nothing in his career yet.

you have a very narrow view on youth players.

clare been a first 11 player at his last 3 clubs playing the best part of 120 games in his last 4 season, he currently plays in league one, i would not call that failure.

George Hirst scored 40 goals in a season for our youth set up but because he would not sign a contract was prevented from playing for 12 months. His development was set back years. Though he is starting to come good 10 goals in 38 games is more than any of our players have managed this season in the same league, he is getting regular game time in league one and slowly starting to develop again. Next season will be massive for him.

As for shaw and Urhoghide who were both regular starters last season before signing for Celtic. Had they stayed the they would have played most games Urhoghide on the right side of a back 3 and shaw in midfield. With Iorfa injury Urhoghide would have replaced him and with no luongo/byers for most of the season, shaw would have been playing most games in the central midfield.

• Haha 1

Whoops, looks like another one the club got bang on, who's sorry now?

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-hes-taken-a-bit-of-a-backseat-why-ex-owl-theo-corbeanu-has-fallen-down-the-pecking-order-at-mk-dons-3633235

What happened to all the club bashers who slated this decision when it happened. @Gob_Bluth

• Like 2