Urgohide

16 hours ago, sage owl said:

The same Terry Curran who went to play for the pigs ?.

I judge him on what he did for us

Not many would drop from the top division to the (then) 3rd division to play for the club they love

• Haha 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest DoesJackHunt
14 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Don't think so mate

There's no loyalty anymore

Why would you be loyal to a cub that hadn't made much effort to keep you, were getting relegated to the English 3rd division because of financial miss-management, had not been paying the playing staff on a regular basis and by all account had an uncertain future at the time.......  when a bigger European club was making a effort to sign you?

I get what your saying about loyalty in the game but in Shaw and Urhoghide's case, leaving wasn't about not being loyal, it was about not being stupid. 

I hope they do well, I think we all should. Anyone who doesn't hope they do well is in my opinion being a bit of a d!ckhead.

If Chansiri knew what he was doing, there is a good chance they would both still be here. he doesn't, and they're not... but that's not on them. 

29 minutes ago, DoesJackHunt said:

Why would you be loyal to a cub that hadn't made much effort to keep you, were getting relegated to the English 3rd division because of financial miss-management, had not been paying the playing staff on a regular basis and by all account had an uncertain future at the time.......  when a bigger European club was making a effort to sign you?

I get what your saying about loyalty in the game but in Shaw and Urhoghide's case, leaving wasn't about not being loyal, it was about not being stupid. 

I hope they do well, I think we all should. Anyone who doesn't hope they do well is in my opinion being a bit of a d!ckhead.

If Chansiri knew what he was doing, there is a good chance they would both still be here. he doesn't, and they're not... but that's not on them. 

I agree with some of this post but maybe DCs advisors got this right and they offered them what they were worth. Neither has pulled up any trees at Celtic who know look a bit silly as they realise they have paid well over the odds. Big pat on the back for both lads agents as they have got both great contracts for lads there age. In reality it would be unlikely that either would have had much game time here this season either. So it looks like both players have done well, it hasn't really affected us but Celtic are the ones left carrying the bill after they thought they were stealing top young talent which doesn't seem to be the case.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Willow Owl
1 minute ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

I agree with some of this post but maybe DCs advisors got this right and they offered them what they were worth. Neither has pulled up any trees at Celtic who know look a bit silly as they realise they have paid well over the odds. Big pat on the back for both lads agents as they have got both great contracts for lads there age. In reality it would be unlikely that either would have had much game time here this season either. So it looks like both players have done well, it hasn't really affected us but Celtic are the ones left carrying the bill after they thought they were stealing top young talent which doesn't seem to be the case.

Totally agree with this. Good luck to them and for once someone else foots the inflated wages.

2 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Agree with some Of this but I do think they would have got game time. Both of them and no one can say how they would have fared in reality. 

13 hours ago, edwinowl said:

No grudges pal. Looking at it from a development side. Way to early in both careers. Both young and with talents but that’s about it. Living comfortably and settled. Verge of breaking through at a club with a big loyal fanbase. Manager who’s clearly respected in the game. Every chance of playing regular first team footie. Stay. Develop. Move for big bucks then. The reported 3k PW we offered hardly chicken feed is it ? 

More money is more money. That's all there is to it really.

Think the club have got all of the decisions correct on the youngsters we didn’t cave into and offer terms they didn’t warrant. 

Clare - Done nothing 

Hirst - Not done much shown some recent promise but no where near the hype his camp were spouting. 
Urgohide - Really not a very good player. Athlete yes but very average player. Brennan has more potential.

Shaw - A very average player too. 

Absolutely no way should we have broke the bank to keep any of them. Sign of the times where they all thought they were better than they were rather than keep their heads down and try to progress with us. All have gone the other way. 

Cadamateri looks a much better prospect to me than Hirst did at the same age. A more complete player at that age. Let’s hope he has a better head on his shoulders and works hard and sees the grass isn’t always greener as above. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Think the club have got all of the decisions correct on the youngsters we didn’t cave into and offer terms they didn’t warrant. 

Clare - Done nothing 

Hirst - Not done much shown some recent promise but no where near the hype his camp were spouting. 
Urgohide - Really not a very good player. Athlete yes but very average player. Brennan has more potential.

Absolutely no way should we have broke the bank to keep any of them. Sign of the times where they all thought they were better than they were rather than keep their heads down and try to progress with us. All have gone the other way. 

Cadamateri looks a much better prospect to me than Hirst did at the same age. A more complete player at that age. Let’s hope he has a better head on his shoulders and works hard and sees the grass isn’t always greener as above. 

Add White to that list. 
Another one who thought the grass was greener. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Clare - Done nothing 

The thing is from their point of view the more they "flop" then the more they were justified in setting themselves up for life financially when they had chance.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ian said:

The thing is from their point of view the more they "flop" then the more they were justified in setting themselves up for life financially when they had chance.

A little muddled in your thinking here Ian. I suggest you look at the Philosophy of Hegel on aspects of Formal Logic.  

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Ian said:

How do you know that ? You their agent ? 

34 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Just love it when our Mercenaries FLOP !

Spot on, I'm with you all the way there. 

The young ones get too much money thrown at them too early and I'm sure it takes some motivation away from a lot of them. Still get the exceptional ones though who'll always give 100%.

As for the 4 mentioned, Clare, Hirst, Shaw and Urhoghide long may it continue. I wouldn't wish ill on them personally, I just wouldn't want to see the club having missed out, great to see the club got the shout right. I just have this feeling that at least Shaw is regretting it.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

A little muddled in your thinking here Ian. I suggest you look at the Philosophy of Hegel on aspects of Formal Logic.  

Yes, I was thinking the same. We're in the business of making decent professional footballers out of young men, not lining peoples pockets.

• Like 1

Guest FoxOwl12
12 hours ago, runningaround said:

would focus the here and now and trying to tie down Bailey in the academy seems the real deal, forget these 2 the past

Spot on mate. 

The only way any move can be assessed is in retrospect. At the time I thought both Shaw and Urhoghide might have been better staying as they would have got game time here but didn’t begrudge them leaving if the money was better. After all, they were only betting in their own ability to make a success of it and for every footballer his current contract could always be his last. It looks like it hasn’t worked out but I also don’t think it’s the end of their careers. If they continue to work hard they could still make it at a new club.