Gillingham Sheffield Wednesday - OMDT

4 minutes ago, OwlerIT2 said:

Dont worry we'll spend the next 5 days on training working out how to start testing the oppos keeper !!

Give Moore until end of season, if we don't go up he has failed and Moore goes,  and we go again with a manager with more ideas - simple

You wish, but not a chance. Moore is Chansiri’s man. Be here next year regardless.

2 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Luton are 3rd in the championship.  Just shows what can happen with sensible owners and a good manager in charge 

One of those managers that can arguably only do it at one club though? Out of his depth at Stoke.

With the team that came down, no money for transfers and doom and gloom around hillsborough, this team is on par for where they should be.  there is possibly a case to say we are exceeding expectations.  we have only lost 8 all season,  and are still in with a shout.  

we have hit a slow patch after our recent good form while the teams above us in the play-off spots have had a recent good run.  this is league one, expect a team or two above us to hit a sticky patch, i's just whether we can take advantage.  i reckon 5 wins from the next 8 will see us in the play-offs

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Just now, duncanidaho said:

With the team that came down, no money for transfers and doom and gloom around hillsborough, this team is on par for where they should be.  there is possibly a case to say we are exceeding expectations.  we have only lost 8 all season,  and are still in with a shout.  

we have hit a slow patch after our recent good form while the teams above us in the play-off spots have had a recent good run.  this is league one, expect a team or two above us to hit a sticky patch, i's just whether we can take advantage.  i reckon 5 wins from the next 8 will see us in the play-offs

5 wins in eight????, how is that going to happen. We can only make the play offs under Duckworth Lewis now.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Disappointing having 70% possession but only 2 shots. If we scrape into the playoffs, which isn’t a given, what team will turn up, or perhaps more to the point which team will be picked. A player scoring a hat trick isn’t in the starting lineup why? What a time to take the foot off the pedal. We talk about the Wednesday way, but this needs to change. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, duncanidaho said:

I don't agree with that. We have experienced championship pros across the team. Clearly injuries have played a part but we struggle too often, particularly against teams who put us under pressure and are physical. 

We're not going to win every game, but the passive, defensive, slow nature of our play in many games prevents us turning the draws into wins. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Only chunk of light is other results weren’t too bad with draws for Wycombe, Sunderland and Oxford meaning we are no better or worse off than at the start of the day. It’s still in our own hands, but only just!

Well we are worse of really, chance of 3rd or 4th place realistically has gone now

Looks like its a fight between us, Oxford, Sunderland and Wycombe for 5th and 6th places.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

Boris Johnson will still be in power when we next rise to the dizzy heights of the second best league in England.

I don't know which thought is the most depressing. 

2 minutes ago, S20 OWL said:

Disappointing having 70% possession but only 2 shots. If we scrape into the playoffs, which isn’t a given, what team will turn up, or perhaps more to the point which team will be picked. A player scoring a hat trick isn’t in the starting lineup why? What a time to take the foot off the pedal. We talk about the Wednesday way, but this needs to change. 

Better than Abbott and Costello in charge though

Up the revolutionaries 🥵🥵🤣🤣Labour my phuking arse

• Like 1

Any away point is  a good point and that one keeps us in the mix . . Once again though  when bannan doesnt create  neither does the team and someone else needs to step up when he's  not at his best .disappointing  performance. 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, markg said:

Moore has to win every game to escape criticism doesn’t he? 

No but he needs more than the odd good performance to justify his work this season. We are scrabbling around trying to get into sixth place when we ought to be challenging up there with Rotherham and Wigan IMO.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Jim said:

There will be a f**king meltdown on here tonight as per. Gillingham have one of the best managers in this league. He’ll have them picking up points regularly between now and the end of the season. I can’t remember the last time we won here? Maybe once or twice in my lifetime. Our record there is atrocious. So I see it as a point gained. Finishing in the Top 6 is still in our own hands, players coming back. Everything to play for still but it won’t stop the Moore Out brigade until they get what they want. He’s here for the rest of the season at least whether some like it or not.

Never won at Gillingham I believe