Mike Ashley pulls out of Derby takeover .. looking elsewhere

2 hours ago, Craig enock said:

Yeah your right things are going great ATM.... we don't need mike Ashley lol

There are currently 50 football clubs higher placed than us in professional football in England at the moment. We are in the 3rd tier of professional football in England at the moment, a league where give or take a few exceptions the standard of football and general technical ability of the players is poor to say the least. And you call call that "going great ATM". A python would have trouble getting under you bar its set so low.

1 hour ago, Willie Henderson said:

That's the problem, I don't think we just need a business man, and which businessman in their right mind would want any barge pole action with us?

I think what we also need is a fan, someone with emotional as well as financial investment. Basically a Jack Walker.

I know it's a naive old fashioned view and football is a business, etc, etc..

But does anyone happen to know if there are any billionaire Owls fans out there? if there is I'll get in touch with them and make all our dreams come true, promise.

It's rather sad in a way that those days are gone. I still get nostalgic about Eric Morcambe (Luton) and Elton John (Watford). In those days, a successful season was one that didn't cost the chairman too much.  Gone forever though.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, darra said:

Still don't see DCs asking price being as much as some might think. Like I said earlier he is chucking money at us to keep us afloat. Some will no doubt disagree but you don't become a multi-millionaire without some business acumen. I don't buy the theory that daddy has/is bankrolling him. If he was he would have stopped a long time ago imo. Again like I've said before it's coming to the time when he's thinking enough is enough and it's time for damage limitation, in my opinion anyway. Sure many will disagree.

Chansiri didnt become a multi millionaire through business acumen he was lucky enough to be born into a family who owned a successful business. Its like somebody saying Prince Andrew must have worked hard and been successful because he lives in a palatial place in Windsor.

11 minutes ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

Chansiri didnt become a multi millionaire through business acumen he was lucky enough to be born into a family who owned a successful business. Its like somebody saying Prince Andrew must have worked hard and been successful because he lives in a palatial place in Windsor.

Maybe maybe not but again if you're right I can't believe he's being allowed to spend company, family cash on us like he has

1 minute ago, Pulcinella said:

Newcastle fans couldn’t wait to get rid. Don’t want to be taken over by an authoritarian state.

Crying while the club was in the Premier League and an investment opportunity... Yeah, I'd hate that...

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

There are currently 50 football clubs higher placed than us in professional football in England at the moment. We are in the 3rd tier of professional football in England at the moment, a league where give or take a few exceptions the standard of football and general technical ability of the players is poor to say the least. And you call call that "going great ATM". A python would have trouble getting under you bar its set so low.

Genuine question, and please do not take this the wrong way... have you ever encountered "sarcasm" before? :ph34r:

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, BIG D said:

People might not like how he runs a club but at least he has a clue about running a football club.

Attracted an owner who makes them the richest club in world football I think (unless I made that bit up).

And for the last 2 decades we have been close to extinction. If you're waiting for a saint to take over, you'll be waiting a long time. Ashley wouldn't be first choice but we don't have a choice do we, so I would welcome him here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

Think it was a tongue in cheek comment mate

46 minutes ago, BIG D said:

People might not like how he runs a club but at least he has a clue about running a football club.

Attracted an owner who makes them the richest club in world football I think (unless I made that bit up).

This.

It doesn't matter who came in, how much money they had or even how successful they were, there would still be the moaners.