Mike Ashley pulls out of Derby takeover .. looking elsewhere

Just now, Craig enock said:

Nixon reporting he is looking elsewhere now .... would love him at wednesday... would sort us out .... thoughts ?

What as ffs

Dint want him anywhere near

I can't see Ashley giving us a second glance unless Chansiri has seriously lowered his expectations of what he'd receive.

Maybe in a few more years, if Chansiri continues to run the club into the ground and the money well and truly dries up, then someone like Ashley might pick us up for a knockdown price.

Something to look forward to, eh?

:duntmatter:

Ashley will want a project where he can see a return on his investment 

Only was he will see any kind of return will be to take the team he buys into the premier league

He will want a potentially larger club who have fallen down the pecking order or a team with potential to grow

We would be an ideal purchase but the price for us will be the sticking point

Teams like Bristol City, Swansea, Forest etc might be on his radar

Not a chance he’d buy us. 

I’m not sure why, but he doesn’t really see us as a big club, with potential to build value. If you look at the businesses he buys, they’re usually on the edge of, or already in administration and he can then bolt them onto what is essentially his logistics business. 

Newcastle just needed cash to avoid admin when he bought it and he saw huge potential. I’d be surprised if he bought another football club. I guess the press will always band his name about

• Haha 2

Ashley obviously openly just wants to make as much money as possible. So based on our fanbase, stature, history and current division you would think there is huge scope for that but it entirely depends on Chansiri's asking price, which I assume is high and thus would rule Ashley out. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Ashley obviously openly just wants to make as much money as possible. So based on our fanbase, stature, history and current division you would think there is huge scope for that but it entirely depends on Chansiri's asking price, which I assume is high and thus would rule Ashley out. 

Still don't see DCs asking price being as much as some might think. Like I said earlier he is chucking money at us to keep us afloat. Some will no doubt disagree but you don't become a multi-millionaire without some business acumen. I don't buy the theory that daddy has/is bankrolling him. If he was he would have stopped a long time ago imo. Again like I've said before it's coming to the time when he's thinking enough is enough and it's time for damage limitation, in my opinion anyway. Sure many will disagree.

Just now, darra said:

Still don't see DCs asking price being as much as some might think. Like I said earlier he is chucking money at us to keep us afloat. Some will no doubt disagree but you don't become a multi-millionaire without some business acumen. I don't buy the theory that daddy has/is bankrolling him. If he was he would have stopped a long time ago imo. Again like I've said before it's coming to the time when he's thinking enough is enough and it's time for damage limitation, in my opinion anyway. Sure many will disagree.

it's just my assumption based on how he seems to price everything, from players we needed to sell to merchandise in the club shop. But we don't really know how much he's feeling SWFC and our upkeep as we don't know his wealth. I remember the ex-CAFC chairman on talk sport saying 'what Charlton fans don't understand is that they represent less than 1% of my wealth and therefore I don't always have the time to be attentive for them' (or words to that effect) and we don't know whether that's similar for DC as we don't know anything about how he makes money. 

• Like 3

Newcastle didn't like him as he didn't spaf money everywhere (apart from Joe Linton 😂)

Ran Newcastle as a business and them bïtches didn't like it.

If he'd have done a Mel Morris the fans would have gone mad.

He's a business man.

Don't know the answer but how much debt did Newcastle have before they were sold?

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, WendyOK said:

Yeah would hate premier league mid table. Give me 7th in league one and an owner who can’t run a bath any day 😍

PL is out of the equation though...we need to.lower our expectation a bit (or a lot)