Mendez-Laing

4 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

Well documented elsewhere. 

So as I said earlier, should we have just changed our whole system to accommodate a 19 year old kid? And what do you mean how we treated him? Were you at he training ground and in the changing rooms on regular basis and want to add something ?

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Kentowl said:

According to Yorkshire live last week. The player himself told them that his contact runs to the end of the season and that Wednesday have the option of a further year.

News might be a bit slow with Star today so they put this out to attract clicks. 

Definitely attracted clicks on this forum. :tango:

8 minutes ago, Willie Henderson said:

Alf Ramsey to Rodney Marsh.

"I'll be watching you for the first 45 minutes and if you don't work harder I'll pull you off at half time," to which Marsh responded: "Crikey, Alf, at Manchester City all we get is an orange and a cup of tea."

Yep like I keep telling my young secretary, the old ones are the best. 🦉

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

So as I said earlier, should we have just changed our whole system to accommodate a 19 year old kid? And what do you mean how we treated him? Were you at he training ground and in the changing rooms on regular basis and want to add something ?

He was literally the only player with an ounce of attacking threat, and we stuck him on the bench or played hi. at wing back - a role he’d never played before, and a role his partner club do not think is right for his development. 

We signed a load of wingers in the summer, I’d expect a system to accommodate those wingers. Don’t get me wrong I get that some of the changes have been forced due to injuries. 

We’re not going to agree on this. I think Moore fcked up with Corbeanu. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, vulva said:

He’s been a free agent for 6 months. He’s clearly damaged goods and we took a short term punt. It could have gone either way. It might still.

Some people need to step away from the cookie jar and understand why a short term deal for us at that time made perfect business sense. People can’t complain the club is run poorly and also complain at what on the face of it was the right thing to do at that time. 

Thank god someone puts out a sensible post. Getting sick of numerous posters who can't wait to have a pop at the club.

How many times have we got stung signing aging players or those with iffy reputations. Short deal seems sensible and probably timed so ran out during the window. Therefore we could possibly sign a replacement if we binned him off.

• Like 4

Some of the posts on this thread 

I can just imagine the posters getting their knickers in a twist over this would do the same had we given NML a one or 2 year deal, only for him to get an injury that keeps him out for 5 months

Booo, Chansiri out, signing player on a deal only for him to get injured, stop signing crooks, give not good enough youth players a chance etc etc

A 2 month contract with a view to extend depending on how he does - fair deal. If not good enough, or he got injured, we've not lost out. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, katie melua said:

Some of the posts on this thread 

I can just imagine the posters getting their knickers in a twist over this would do the same had we given NML a one or 2 year deal, only for him to get an injury that keeps him out for 5 months

Booo, Chansiri out, signing player on a deal only for him to get injured, stop signing crooks, give not good enough youth players a chance etc etc

A 2 month contract with a view to extend depending on how he does - fair deal. If not good enough, or he got injured, we've not lost out. 

But he is good enough and hasn’t been injured yet. So now run the risk of losing him.

Hopefully will turn out ok and he’ll sign but we make some strange decisions in my view which could easily bite us in the arse. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, s29wfc said:

Honestly do fans really think he isn't going to sign an extended deal with us? I mean really 🤣 he gets interviewed after the game on Saturday seemingly enjoying his football, enjoys playing under DM , DM then comes out saying he's found a new home here. Some of our so called fans do like a moan.

I’d take what footballers say in interviews with a pinch a salt. Mendez Laing will go if a club offers him more £s per week.

And that’s not a dig at the club, it’s just football.

This is what Theo said after the Sunderland game at home, ‘I love this place, I love Hillsborough, I love everything about it, I can’t wait to play here again’.

• Like 1