Mendez-Laing

2 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I would assume it would have just been sorted behind the scenes and nothing announced.

Now they will have to make an announcement on Sunday.

Don’t you find that deceptive though?

Season Tickets on sale and you haven’t even got the decency to tell people whether a contracted player is actually contracted for longer than a couple of months. Forget alerting other clubs, his agent will have done that before the ink dried. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, NeonLeon said:

Don’t you find that deceptive though?

Season Tickets on sale and you haven’t even got the decency to tell people whether a contracted player is actually contracted for longer than a couple of months. Forget alerting other clubs, his agent will have done that before the ink dried. 

Not really no.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

I can see the logic of offering him a short term deal suits all parties if it doesn’t work out, he’ll be trying to get the best deal for himself and he’s put himself in the shop window. People would be moaning if we offered him a 2 year deal and he turned out to be garbage…..Think it’s called the Wednesday way or summet.

Literally no one is suggesting we should of offered him a 2 year deal 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

I did wonder how comfortable the chairmen was committing to wages like his,    It’s very poor 

But I’m not surprised,  and again he’ll go to the highest bidder 

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

Ok, so extend it? 

Who's to say we already haven't?

Remember, recently the star have received some duff info. I mean just a few hours ago they were claiming NML had a contract til the summer with an option to extend.

The other day they claimed Batth was here to finalise a deal when he was actually in Sunderland.

• Like 1

Just now, vulva said:

On the face of it the club haven’t done well here, but they can’t win. There are threads on here about the club giving long term contracts to aging players, and how it’s knackered is in the past.  

Yeah but this NML contract sounds CRAYYYYYYZEEEEE!!!

Or in the words of Snoop Doggy Dogg "That Shitttt Cray"

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

On the face of it the club haven’t done well here, but they can’t win. There are threads on here about the club giving long term contracts to aging players, and how it’s knackered is in the past. NML looks a good player, but, he’s had 1 1/2 decent games. 

Had he not scored and played well on Saturday  this thread would look very different. 

Fine margins. 

A 2 month deal though. Bizarre.

1 year I’d understand. But to sign him up for 2 months?! That is just asking for a club to come in and take him off us after a couple of good games.

Nothing surprises me with this club though. Mental. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 1