Mendez-Laing

9 minutes ago, swfcGibbo said:

Purely to generate page views (IMO) from the Star. I imagine they knew this deal was already agreed/in the works.

Im now blaming The Star for me falling off the wagon after a mightily impressive 3 days without a drop 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Lol 

Rare I stick up for the club these days but some of the drama queens in this thread.

Very true, because IF he'd have had an absolute shocker last weekend the reaction would have been totally different. I actually think the club have done the right thing for once in not giving him a contract longer than necessary to judge how he is.

• Like 2

Looking at how NML performed against Plymouth and how many players before seemed to up there game as deals came to and end I think super short term contracts is the way forward. 
One month at a time will keep everyone on there toes. Maybe over time we can move to weekly with the ultimate aim of daily or even 90 min contracts. It’s the future. 

• Haha 1

I agree that the club did the right thing, but I still was a bit flapping. I really 

Just now, CircleSeven said:

Looking at how NML performed against Plymouth and how many players before seemed to up there game as deals came to and end I think super short term contracts is the way forward. 
One month at a time will keep everyone on there toes. Maybe over time we can move to weekly with the ultimate aim of daily or even 90 min contracts. It’s the future. 

Might be a sensible approach, but it would be very unhealthy for everybody here on Owlstalk. We won't get any sleep anymore, we will have heart attacks and we'll have blisters on our fingers. 

Please re-consider!

13 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Lol 

Rare I stick up for the club these days but some of the drama queens in this thread.

Yeah it’s as if the club has been ran really well the past few years and fans automatic reaction should be to stay calm and trust the club in its decision making. 

Not like we’ve had points deductions, embargo’s, promising young players leave, a very good loan player going to a rival less than a week a go. 

This one worked out ok. But we should know that it could have very easily gone the other way. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

How long has he signed for?

All the Star says is definitely to the end of the season.  Personally I'd want him on a 2 year deal as a minimum. If we go up he will still be quality in the Championship.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Not really still think a 2 month deal was very risky and daft. 

But it’s played out exactly how the club would’ve wanted it to. The player has come in and proved himself worth a longer deal and got one. Absolutely zero risk involved for the club. If the Star hadn’t dropped that article last night nobody would’ve been the wiser.

• Like 1

Just now, swfc1983 said:

But it’s played out exactly how the club would’ve wanted it to. The player has come in and proved himself worth a longer deal and got one. Absolutely zero risk involved for the club. If the Star hadn’t dropped that article last night nobody would’ve been the wiser.

Yep but could have easily gone the other way.

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Yep but could have easily gone the other way.

It could but this one was the best solution for both player and club. Both parties get a opt out if it doesn’t work out and still a week to fix themselves a replacement or as has happened the player gets a new deal. Considering what we have offered out in the past I think this has been actually very astutely done from the club to be fair. There was absolutely no guarantee that NML was gonna come in and earn himself a deal given his recent history.