Mendez-Laing

7 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

Absolutely this, there's gonna be some embarrassed fans on here when he signs a new deal. Some of the comments are laughable, he's probably already signed a deal.

signing a new deal at the same time we sign the lad from Brighton like you said?

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

signing a new deal at the same time we sign the lad from Brighton like you said?

What's the relevance? We've obviously cooled our interest in the Brighton lad, you make it sound like i said he was definitely signing and then Brighton pulled the plug,  we've obviously got another target lined up.

28 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

God I love this club.

I guess now we just have to wait and see. 

From his insta posts though, seems he and Gregory really wanted us to bring Batth back. Not sure a player would be trying to get a player over the line if he planned on leaving us.

Nothing to do with the player then? 

Sources = his agent?

It would seem ridiculous to invest time to get him match fit and then let him go. He could also be taking the mick with ridiculous wage demands, playing on the Corbeanu situation. Hopefully, common sense will prevail for all parties. He certainly looked the real deal v Plymouth.

19 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I see the pitchforks are back out again though against the club.

Haven't had anything to complain about on the pitch this week, or even the signings front, better get it in quick before he stays on from Sunday.

Be nice if the club stopped giving us something to worry about. Seem to always be something dodgy or bad around the corner. 

Would be lovely just to have a week without drama when it comes to Wednesday. 

• Like 2

Honestly do fans really think he isn't going to sign an extended deal with us? I mean really 🤣 he gets interviewed after the game on Saturday seemingly enjoying his football, enjoys playing under DM , DM then comes out saying he's found a new home here. Some of our so called fans do like a moan.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Be nice if the club stopped giving us something to worry about. Seem to always be something dodgy or bad around the corner. 

Would be lovely just to have a week without drama when it comes to Wednesday. 

What's the drama , it's fans making it a drama. The guy has baggage , we obviously offered him a short term contract to see where his head was at, more than likely we have a clause that meant  we had first dibs to retain him and that's probably what will happen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh for Christ’s sake. Here we bloody go again.

We can’t have unadulterated good news so here’s the ******** up hot on the heels of the Brennan contract extension.

This needs sorting out, ASAP. I can see the logic of only giving him a contract for a few months but astonishing that we didn’t then insist on including a club option to extend it to the end of the season.