Mendez-Laing

If this is the situation, then it is absolutely beyond bizzare.

However, and please bare with me here. 

DM was recently interviewed and asked about him, the way he spoke made it sound like there was 'more to come' for MDL. Perhaps, just perhaps - DM liked the look of him, MDL liked the club and manager (he certainly played well enough to justify this) but Chansiri (wait for it) would only allow DM to sign him on a very short contract to prove his worth? Perhaps he was a little uncertain due to MDL past troubles? 

I dunno. I'm just trying to make sense of this COMPLETELY MENTAL CONTRACT OH PLEASE DONT LEAVE US MR. LAING. 

P.S - I don't think he will. He'll be offered a very nice contract after this. 

Edited by Fablon Dunlop

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

You know he’s going to go elsewhere. Can’t believe we have let his contract run down so much, forward planning from this club is a disgrace 

Let’s be reyt we’ve probably had since last Saturday when his performance convinced everybody he was worth a longer contract to sort it. A full 5 days. Chill, sounds like we are offering him a deal it’s up to him if he wants to stay or not. Before last Saturday nobody would’ve battered an eyelid at this news.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We won't be making any mistakes with contracts they said. No players will get to the last month of their contract we want to keep they said, well run football club they said.

Could not plan a p1ss up in a brewery, I don't know whose worse the bloke whose spend 3 months getting him match fit and giving him game time, or the Muppet sorting out the contracts.

just when you thought we as a club could not sink any lower, along comes the next gaff.

47 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I thought I read in the star this morning we have the option of another year at the end of the season. If true that it expires on Saturday what a ******** joke. 

And it wouldn’t be an OT classic thread without the usual responses from your goodself 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Understand why we’d taken this approach considering his issues in the past /age. Wish we’d done the same with Berahino! 

I think he looks really good so I just hope we offer him a decent contract and don’t offer lesser terms (like we did with Batth) than Wigan and any others sniffing. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, vulva said:

He’s been a free agent for 6 months. He’s clearly damaged goods and we took a short term punt. It could have gone either way. It might still.

Some people need to step away from the cookie jar and understand why a short term deal for us at that time made perfect business sense. People can’t complain the club is run poorly and also complain at what on the face of it was the right thing to do at that time. 

That a good argument but when you look at the deals for Berahino, Brown, Gibson, Sow etc that idea fall down.

Just now, room0035 said:

That a good argument but when you look at the deals for Berahino, Brown, Gibson, Sow etc that idea fall down.

It’s because of deals like those 3 that we have to offer deals like the one to NML. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vulva said:

He’s been a free agent for 6 months. He’s clearly damaged goods and we took a short term punt. It could have gone either way. It might still.

Some people need to step away from the cookie jar and understand why a short term deal for us at that time made perfect business sense. People can’t complain the club is run poorly and also complain at what on the face of it was the right thing to do at that time. 

Really don’t see much business sense in it.

He was on trial for a month and we obviously saw enough to offer him a deal. 

But 2 months? Not sure that’s great business sense. 

4 minutes ago, flash said:

Understand why we’d taken this approach considering his issues in the past /age. Wish we’d done the same with Berahino! 

I think he looks really good so I just hope we offer him a decent contract and don’t offer lesser terms (like we did with Batth) than Wigan and any others sniffing. 

These are my thoughts exactly. I think in hindsight DM is perhaps being quite cautious here with players who have a history of problems. 

• Like 2

Just now, 0114 said:

What is bizarre here is the club gave itself no power. 

NML does bad = released

NML does well = Player now holds the cards

At least include a clause that means we can extend while the summer or something.

exactly. Perhaps an option to extend at the end of the 2 months should have been put in.