Mendez-Laing

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Yep but could have easily gone the other way.

It was not really likely that NML would leave us after we gave him this opportunity in the first place. 

IMO it was ok to give him a short contract first after our experience with Berahino.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

We have never had worse Star Journalists than those we have now. What is more they are getting worse with their click bait scams !

Sorry, but that’s rubbish. Personally I think Alex and Joe are the best we’ve had.

It was news and they reported it.

He literally could’ve walked away on Monday, and you’d have been complaining that the local media hadn’t found out why. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Not really still think a 2 month deal was very risky and daft. 

I think it was the perfect scenario given how long he's been out the game and the baggage he came with. Obviously there's was a situation in place where we had first refusal on him upon the expiry of his short deal. There was no drama here whatsoever.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

It could but this one was the best solution for both player and club. Both parties get a opt out if it doesn’t work out and still a week to fix themselves a replacement or as has happened the player gets a new deal. Considering what we have offered out in the past I think this has been actually very astutely done from the club to be fair. There was absolutely no guarantee that NML was gonna come in and earn himself a deal given his recent history.

When he impressed on trial, a 6 month deal would have been fine. He clearly did enough to impress and Moore said that he knew he wanted to sign him after a few days. Takes him to the end of the season and can assess from there. 

Signing him up for 2 months with his contract expiring right in the middle of the January transfer window - not sure it’s really that smart tbh.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Quickly Kevin said:

Give over.

Joe Crann and Alex Miller do a great job and the standard of Wednesday journalists is better than before.

Agreed.

I don’t like the Star website and the fact that you can’t seem to read anything due to all the adverts BUT Joe and Alex are both very good at what they do and I enjoy reading their work.

I think whether it be the journalists at the Star, Alan Biggs or the reporters on Radio Sheffield, the local media get a lot of unfair stick from our fans if I’m being honest.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

When he impressed on trial, a 6 month deal would have been fine. He clearly did enough to impress and Moore said that he knew he wanted to sign him after a few days. Takes him to the end of the season and can assess from there. 

Signing him up for 2 months with his contract expiring right in the middle of the January transfer window - not sure it’s really that smart tbh.

Well we don’t know the facts especially with our issues we are likely to have some innovative/left field approaches. They may have said we can pay this for 2 months only at the moment and maybe we can increase this in Jan when we have more leeway with our wages? 

24 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

We have never had worse Star Journalists than those we have now. What is more they are getting worse with their click bait scams !

Both journalists are excellent.

Unfortunately the model the Star and many traditional newspaper companies have followed is archaic. They were very slow to switch to a subscription model and are now trying to shoe horn it in while still serving a ridiculous amount of ads per page. Not the journalists fault.

I do think this particular exclusive last night was dropped for Click throughs. But again, just doing the job they've been told to do.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Well we don’t know the facts especially with our issues we are likely to have some innovative/left field approaches. They may have said we can pay this for 2 months only at the moment and maybe we can increase this in Jan when we have more leeway with our wages? 

Perhaps but considering how many players we signed in the summer on longer deals. Really don’t think we are restricted to two month deals for players. 

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Perhaps but considering how many players we signed in the summer on longer deals. Really don’t think we are restricted to two month deals for players. 

No but it’s another wage and another squad place that has he not been worth it we’d have been stuck with until the end of the season. Just don’t think the situation demanded the hysteria some gave it.

14 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I know so we potentially used all our money up and got him a bit cheaper for 2 months as it was all we could offer at the time? 

53 minutes ago, prowl said:

How long has he signed for?

All the Star says is definitely to the end of the season.  Personally I'd want him on a 2 year deal as a minimum. If we go up he will still be quality in the Championship.

Guess if we don't go up this season wage's such as his would be difficult.

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Yeah it’s as if the club has been ran really well the past few years and fans automatic reaction should be to stay calm and trust the club in its decision making. 

Not like we’ve had points deductions, embargo’s, promising young players leave, a very good loan player going to a rival less than a week a go. 

This one worked out ok. But we should know that it could have very easily gone the other way. 

You keep doubling down, drama queen.

Why the hell is Alex Miller bene accused of click bait ?   The blokes doing his job, him and Joe do a fine job 

Leave the lads alone,  honestly , it’s getting embarrassing the amount of strange ‘fans’ we’ve got circling on social media like hawks waiting to destroy any journalist for making the slightest mistake